DK trade options?

PNW

Reaction score
I love DK, but I’m not sure if paying him a record deal is gonna benefit our team in the long run. Maybe we can flip him to Detroit for their 2022 first rounder?

sdog1981

Reaction score
Why would a team with no QB trade for a WR?

TreeRon

Reaction score
Let's trade DK, RW and TL and get a haul of picks. Then we can get a bunch of mediocre players and let them compete with the rest of our mediocre roster to see who is the best of the mediocre. Kind of our modus at Seattle.

Mizak

Reaction score
Trade him to Vikings for WR Justin Jefferson.

nwHawk

Reaction score
If you are trading DK, or even Russ and DK, I’m not totally confident that John Schneider will get maximum trade value. And that makes trading less than ideal. Last off-season teams would have given the moon, but he has brought a lot of negative attention on himself which hurts the return. At this point you would only trade him if you think his issues will get worse. A down year and an off-season of reflection should force him to rethink and refocus, especially if he wants a big fat new contract. Considering what we paid for Adam’s, I would want 2 firsts plus. Call that crazy, but he is super cheap right now and has massive upside in the right situation. Run blocks too.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I'm all for a bunch of trades to get great picks ONLY if JS is fired.

John63

Reaction score
TreeRon":21c1n3e6 said:
Let's trade DK, RW and TL and get a haul of picks. Then we can get a bunch of mediocre players and let them compete with the rest of our mediocre roster to see who is the best of the mediocre. Kind of our modus at Seattle.

This^^^

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This player has been a refreshing good solid draft pick who has turned into a bit of a steal, why trade him when he clearly is the type of big and fast WR the team has been looking to get for quite a while?

Seems like a dumb idea to me.

massari

Reaction score
Trade him for high picks, then sign a UFA:

Godwin
Antonio Brown
OBJ
Christian Kirk
Sammy Watkins
Mike Williams
JuJu
Allen Robinson

IndyHawk

Reaction score
jammerhawk":g4h5x2ns said:
This player has been a refreshing good solid draft pick who has turned into a bit of a steal, why trade him when he clearly is the type of big and fast WR the team has been looking to get for quite a while?

Too many holes from bad JS picks/trades..Plus we have no 1st this year(bad trade)
A rebuild has to happen sooner than later.

Jville

Reaction score
jammerhawk":11giouqh said:

Doesn't make any sense to me either. Building off of what DeKaylin Zecharius brings to the offense makes a lot of team building sense.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Like with most players it depends completely on how contract negotiations go.

Ideally, we'll be able to extend DK at an amount that makes him very well paid but also acknowledges the value he gets from a large guaranteed amount of dollars this off-season rather than having to play for $1.5m, possibly getting hurt, and possibly getting franchised in following years.

However, DK could take out insurance and be dead set on playing out his last year and hitting UFA unless we significantly overpay him. In that case we'd absolutely need to trade him before we either had to pay him too much or let him walk without fair compensation.

It's really too early to take a stance either way unless you know something about DK's contract negotiations that isn't public knowledge.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
If you are going to make big trades Pete and John have to be gone.
You can get a great haul of picks by trading off your superstars but if the guys doing the picking are continually missing on every 1st and 2nd round pick you take, then the picks mean nothing.

If you are going to do a rebuild, don’t half ass it.
Everyone goes and you start from scratch.

chris98251

Reaction score
DK has a family of NFL players he can hear from, he isn't going to settle for a bargain he knows he has shown the league they messed up not picking him, he is going to go after a correction contract. If we rebuild we need what he could bring us, he will not sign here unless we have a team that has a positive trajectory and an offense that is more than 3 and out 80 percent of the time.

OP
OP
PNW

PNW

Reaction score
might as well get some trade value for him if they aren’t even gonna target him during games

12th And Loud

Reaction score
PNW":2686pzky said:
I love DK, but I’m not sure if paying him a record deal is gonna benefit our team in the long run. Maybe we can flip him to Detroit for their 2022 first rounder?

Detroit is going to have the first pick in the 2022 draft. The value of that pick is far greater.

OP
OP
PNW

PNW

Reaction score
12th And Loud":qzquu76n said:
PNW":qzquu76n said:

Detroit is going to have the first pick in the 2022 draft. The value of that pick is far greater.
Don’t they have two 1st’s?

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
TreeRon":wvqpct2q said:

A Super Bowl win... 9 straight winning seasons since Wilson arrived... 8 of which were playoff appearances. I've said it before and I'll said it again... Seattle fans are so spoiled by all the success. While it's true the Seahawks haven't done much in the playoffs since the LOB rode off into the sunset it's still a run better than pretty much every team in the NFL in that time.

So 2021 was a down year... was bound to happen sooner or later... and it happened pretty later.