A great story about Pete Carroll about Pete Carroll

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
When I listen to Pete Carroll tell the story of what happened to Pete Carroll with his experience in New England it reminds me that Pete Carroll is the most misunderstood coach in NFL history...

Edit: if you listen to what Pete is saying you can clearly see his coaching philosophy he knows what it is like to be a D coordinator and position coach... he see's the important of letting coaches have their own style... he is not a total micromanager... Love the part of where he lets Kraft know that he needs to let Belicheck have control and go with his own style of coaching...He knows how to work through adversity... I just think People don't really understand what Carroll is about and its so obvious if you listen to what the man is saying ... if you listen with an open mind and get rid of all your preconceived idea's and just listen to what the man is talking about

LTH

John63

Reaction score
Says exactly what is was 9 years ago and means nothing now.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
John63":5zbianl6 said:

It means EVERYTHING now... nothing has changed its just evolved... so honestly what did you get from that vid... really what was your understanding?

LTH

xray

Reaction score
Carroll is a washed up dinosaur coach in a league that has passed him by .

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
LTH":afl1pvs5 said:
Edit: if you listen to what Pete is saying you can clearly see his coaching philosophy he knows what it is like to be a D coordinator and position coach... he see's the important of letting coaches have their own style...

With a defense as bad as Seattles, seems Pete has forgotten that part.

toffee

Reaction score
LTH":2av78qcs said:
When I listen to Pete Carroll tell the story of what happened to Pete Carroll with his experience in New England it reminds me that Pete Carroll is the most misunderstood coach in NFL history...

Edit: if you listen to what Pete is saying you can clearly see his coaching philosophy he knows what it is like to be a D coordinator and position coach... he see's the important of letting coaches have their own style... he is not a total micromanager... Love the part of where he lets Kraft know that he needs to let Belicheck have control and go with his own style of coaching...He knows how to work through adversity... I just think People don't really understand what Carroll is about and its so obvious if you listen to what the man is saying ... if you listen with an open mind and get rid of all your preconceived idea's and just listen to what the man is talking about

LTH
One would evaluate Pete differently if he respect his job enough to bench his heartthrob Russ after halftime in GB.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

John63

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2t73wmju said:
LTH":2t73wmju said:
Edit: if you listen to what Pete is saying you can clearly see his coaching philosophy he knows what it is like to be a D coordinator and position coach... he see's the important of letting coaches have their own style...

And despite letting the coaches have their own style he still gets to involved. Having their own style is a communication thing not and x and o thing. PC is to involved in the x and o of the offense especially given he is a defensive minded coach not an offensive coach.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
John63":2zkudxj8 said:
pittpnthrs":2zkudxj8 said:
LTH":2zkudxj8 said:

And despite letting the coaches have their own style he still gets to involved. Having their own style is a communication thing not and x and o thing. PC is to involved in the x and o of the offense especially given he is a defensive minded coach not an offensive coach.

Yeah he does get involved... thats his Job... he is the head coach of the Seattle Seahawks and if he didn't get involved then I would say he needs to be fired....

So yeah the Seahawks have some issues on offense... but from your perspective he shouldn't get involved... he shouldn't use his years of experience to simplify an offense to make a small adjustment that might make the difference between success and no success... what kind of since does that make?

and at the end of the season he sits down with Jody Allan and she asks him what did you do as head coach to fix the issues on the offensive side of the ball? and he would say I didn't do anything to help the first year OC because John63 said I was an D coordinator and I don't have the right as head coach to fix the O... at that point I would say well then Pete your fired...because your the head coach of this football team regardless if .net thinks your a piece of trash you still have the responsibility for fixing the issues of this team....

LTH

toffee

Reaction score
LTH":3cg0xove said:
and at the end of the season he sits down with Jody Allan and she asks him what did you do as head coach to fix the issues on the offensive side of the ball? and he would say I didn't do anything to help the first year OC because John63 said I was an D coordinator and I don't have the right as head coach to fix the O... at that point I would say well then Pete your fired...because your the head coach of this football team regardless if .net thinks your a piece of trash you still have the responsibility for fixing the issues of this team....

LTH

ROFL

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
John63":jgd23xh2 said:

You are therefore barred from using any excerpt from Pete Carroll's book to justify any shoddy, barely-there opinion you hold. Too easy.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
LOL John63 I'm not trying to pick on you.. I just think it's worth looking at this situation from a different point of view...you guys got your opinion of what's going on and that's fine but just look at what your saying... it doesn't make much since from my perspective at least...

LTH

Jville

Reaction score
LTH":3tnh5fr8 said:
[youtube]07wfh11f8gg[/youtube]

Not sure How many people will take the time to watch this. But this to me says it all!

LTH

I took the time. So, thanks for posting the link. A most timely revisit for that interview. Unfortunately, expecting closed minded critics to take the time to listen and comprehend the interview may be a little over optimistic. But the opportunity to do so is thoughtful and remains available.

There are many characteristics about his critics that could be mentioned. There are three that consistently come to mind.

Lessons in adversity fueling growth alludes his critics.

The delicate art of delegating authority and extracting responsibility is foreign to critics.

So too is the art of consensus building toward win win outcomes.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
Jville":pe055drp said:
LTH":pe055drp said:
[youtube]07wfh11f8gg[/youtube]

Not sure How many people will take the time to watch this. But this to me says it all!

LTH

I took the time. So, thanks for posting the link. A most timely revisit for that interview. Unfortunately, expecting closed minded critics to take the time to listen and comprehend the interview may be a little over optimistic. But the opportunity to do so is thoughtful and remains available.

There are many characteristics about his critics that could be mentioned. There are three that consistently come to mind.

Lessons in adversity fueling growth alludes his critics.

The delicate art of delegating authority and extracting responsibility is foreign to critics.

So too is the art of consensus building toward win win outcomes.

Very nice insight!!

LTH

scutterhawk

Reaction score
So...Hmm, let me get this straight, It's NEVER Russ' fault when he messes up, and loses a game ,he is only to get all the accolades for everything that HE does to eke out wins...It's ALWAYS Pete's fault when Russ messes up, even when Russ changes the plays at the line, that sometimes goes sour?
Pete gets no credit for the pairing up of 'Beastmode' Lynch & Russell Wilson, axing Golden Tate, Firing Darryll Bevell, Cans Cable, sends Schottenheimer down the road kicking horse turds, going out & trying to find all the explosive targets he can for Russ' success, and all the while actually BELIEVING that he is purposely going out of his way to torpedo Russell Wilsons' success??? That's not only absurd, it's stupid.
AND YES, Pete DOES have a place in the OFFENSIVE SCHEME, I think it would be ludicrous if he WASN'T putting together HIS Defenses, for Wilson to practice against, for each & every upcoming game.
Does anyone actually believe for two minutes that Bill Billechek, Andy Reid, or any other HC wouldn't be constantly honing their Quarterbacks skillsets, by throwing different Defensive looks at them?....I think we all know better, or at least we should anyways.

John63

Reaction score
John63":12fccpfo said:
pittpnthrs":12fccpfo said:
LTH":12fccpfo said:

also again its from 10+ years ago things change in 10 years.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
John63":2ke0tj2c said:
John63":2ke0tj2c said:
pittpnthrs":2ke0tj2c said:
LTH":2ke0tj2c said:

also again its from 10+ years ago things change in 10 years.

How would you even know? already you have misrepresented about 99% of the things I post about... why would ANYBODY think you have the insight to understand a complicated philosophy such as Pete Carroll possesses. I asked you a very simple and direct question earlier in this post and you can't even answer that.

I left it open to have a really in depth conversation over a very inciteful interview and the most insightful thing you could come up with is, "what he said 9 years ago means nothing now."

What he was talking about 9 years ago has everything to do with what's going on right now... you either didn't watch the video or you didn't watch and think about what the man said and how it relates to what's happening now, or you don't have the mental capacity to to understand what he is talking about... which is it? and I mean no disrespect by my statements I really believe you have a hard time understanding things...or your just plain stubborn as hell..

LTH

Reaction score
LTH":3jk11hkz said:
How would you even know? already you have misrepresented about 99% of the things I post about... why would ANYBODY think you have the insight to understand a complicated philosophy such as Pete Carroll possesses. I asked you a very simple and direct question earlier in this post and you can't even answer that.

I left it open to have a really in depth conversation over a very inciteful interview and the most insightful thing you could come up with is, "what he said 9 years ago means nothing now."

What he was talking about 9 years ago has everything to do with what's going on right now... you either didn't watch the video or you didn't watch and think about what the man said and how it relates to what's happening now, or you don't have the mental capacity to to understand what he is talking about... which is it? and I mean no disrespect by my statements I really believe you have a hard time understanding things...or your just plain stubborn as hell..

LTH

LTH — Keep up the good fight. :2thumbs:

Pete lives by a different set of values that has influenced the game, but more importantly has changed the lives and perspectives of many of those he’s worked with. For the majority of the critics, I suspect they cannot believe a mindset of positivity has value — for the critics the meta does not have a place at the table.

I understand the frustration at losing, yet trying to denigrate a coach who has brought excitement, competitiveness, respect, and positivity to a franchise and a city with spotty history of these qualities is simply myopic and a reflection of the times — the louder and ruder and more offensively know-it-all boorish behavior leads to more of the same.

When Pete is gone many of the critics will alter their realities by rewriting their narratives in longing for the days of competitive football as the team struggles to compete under management and coaching changes in search of the stability that Pete had brought for over a decade.

Change is fun until it’s not — Pete will eventually be gone and I for one am enjoying the opportunity to witness a great coach for as long as I can — especially in a down year.