Just kick the man while he is down

LTH

Reaction score
I just think Pete Carroll has done so much for the city of Seattle on and off the field and he deserves every chance to make it right. I can say from my perspective that he has brought me years upon years of true enjoyment into my life... at some point he will get fired they all do because it's almost impossible to win all the time...

I will be the first one to admit that I'm a huge fan of Pete Carroll for damn good reason!! I will defend the man because he deserves respect and when deserved respect is not given then it doesn't make him look bad it makes you look bad...

The fact that some people just kick the man while he is down is just wrong people treat him like he is a piece of trash because he is having his second losing season in over 20 years I mean what does that say?...Pete Carroll is one of my hero's not just because of what happens on the football field but for what he brings in life...because he has made this world a better place and for that he deserves respect...

I'm not saying you shouldn't have an opinion about him but what I am saying is give the man the respect he deserves...

LTH

scutterhawk

Reaction score
This ^^^
Only his Non-Expert critics get to talk out of their keisters, & ridicule.
For me though? it was Pete Carroll that got us our FIRST EVER Lombardi, & KEPT the Seahawks in the conversation ever since, so yeah, I've never been a wishy-washy.... "I'm In"... I'm a big fan :irishdrinkers:

JPatera76

Reaction score
LTH":9ixw6pz5 said:
I just think Pete Carroll has done so much for the city of Seattle on and off the field and he deserves every chance to make it right. I can say from my perspective that he has brought me years upon years of true enjoyment into my life... at some point he will get fired they all do because it's almost impossible to win all the time...

I will be the first one to admit that I'm a huge fan of Pete Carroll for damn good reason!! I will defend the man because he deserves respect and when deserved respect is not given then it doesn't make him look bad it makes you look bad...

The fact that some people just kick the man while he is down is just wrong people treat him like he is a piece of trash because he is having his second losing season in over 20 years I mean what does that say?...Pete Carroll is one of my hero's not just because of what happens on the football field but for what he brings in life...because he has made this world a better place and for that he deserves respect...

I'm not saying you shouldn't have an opinion about him but what I am saying is give the man the respect he deserves...

LTH

Respect runs out. And for myself a lot of fans. The wells running dry. He needs to retire and be gone after this year. THAT is my opinion. I’m not saying I’m not grateful for what he’s done or anything, however now, looking at todays Younger coaches, I’m ready to move on.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Yeah let’s just let the lame blind diabetic crippled asthmatic leper dog stay in the house and sleep in our bed instead of putting it out of its misery like any other team ever who goes on to successful chapters after down times.

I’m sure banging our head against this wall a few more times is the answer.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We gave him that. He had lots of rope. He just used every bit of it over time.

Trust me.

For years, it was clear he was leading us back to the fog of mediocre records.

(And do not forget the YEARS of terrible, godawful football we suffered before last year. Where for half a season we seemingly refused BY DESIGN to even attempt to score TDs in the 1st half. Even when we won, it was godawful, boring football permeated by the occasional moonshot. And the defense was bend, bend, bend, and hope for the other team to mess up.

I used to intentionally only watch the 2nd halves of games for years, sometimes only showing up to the stadium in the 2nd half - because I knew the 1st half was a weird pattycake game of field position with occasional FGs.)

He deserves credit for being a big part of building the Seahawks into winners. And then for years he coasted, made bad decisions, and squandered talent.

It was OK though because he brought this team a SB. But how many years do you make excuses for a guy that literally should not be in the chair?

Do you honestly believe he can turn this team around? Do you believe he even has enough time to rebuild?

Do you think he can even coach in the new NFL with his old ideas, and be competitive?

Pete was great when he had a great concept, built around it, found the players that fit it - and then took the NFL by surprise. But he only has that one idea, and everyone figured it out. He is Buddy Ryan after the 46 defense stopped working (Except Buddy was a better defensive mind) - but still trying to use his version of the 46 defense. And it will not work.

But he will not stop. Ever. Until he is kicked out of the HC office by whatever means. And every year he stays longer, the more his ridiculous trades and FO decisions hamstring us for the future.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
AMEN!

7 YEARS supported Patera for God sakes. Knox, then Holmgren. Pete Caroll turned this franchise around and put Seattle on the map.
No, I will not and never will criticize his leadership as head coach. The day he was hired I read all the trash about USC and waited to make my own opinion of this man. He has been a excellent coach for all of us. All the negative comments are just that, comments, what do they know.

John63

Reaction score
LTH":1ybv2csl said:

LTH

OKay, and Wilson has not and does not slightly hypocritical don't you think.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
John63":1dqvsk5t said:
LTH":1dqvsk5t said:

LTH

This about Pete!Why are you even bringing your idol into this?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
John63":1f3o4ro8 said:
LTH":1f3o4ro8 said:

LTH

Strong persecution complex there

John63

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2wkta8em said:
John63":2wkta8em said:
LTH":2wkta8em said:

LTH

This about Pete!Why are you even bringing your idol into this?

First not my idol, just someone I respect. 2nd because he is being hypocritical and you know it.

John63

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3tkl5cxf said:
John63":3tkl5cxf said:
LTH":3tkl5cxf said:

LTH

Strong deflection complex you have.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3t3d2lu3 said:

Trust me.

(And do not forget the YEARS of terrible, godawful football we suffered before last year. Where for half a season we seemingly refused BY DESIGN to even attempt to score TDs in the 1st half. Even when we won, it was godawful, boring football permeated by the occasional moonshot. And the defense was bend, bend, bend, and hope for the other team to mess up.

I used to intentionally only watch the 2nd halves of games for years, sometimes only showing up to the stadium in the 2nd half - because I knew the 1st half was a weird pattycake game of field position with occasional FGs.)

He deserves credit for being a big part of building the Seahawks into winners. And then for years he coasted, made bad decisions, and squandered talent.

It was OK though because he brought this team a SB. But how many years do you make excuses for a guy that literally should not be in the chair?

Do you honestly believe he can turn this team around? Do you believe he even has enough time to rebuild?

Do you think he can even coach in the new NFL with his old ideas, and be competitive?

Pete was great when he had a great concept, built around it, found the players that fit it - and then took the NFL by surprise. But he only has that one idea, and everyone figured it out. He is Buddy Ryan after the 46 defense stopped working (Except Buddy was a better defensive mind) - but still trying to use his version of the 46 defense. And it will not work.

But he will not stop. Ever. Until he is kicked out of the HC office by whatever means. And every year he stays longer, the more his ridiculous trades and FO decisions hamstring us for the future.

First of all I don't see things the way you do...so that in its self is a difference of perception. I don't see the last several years as being a bad thing... I see it as being competitive in a league that the weak die in... and so for Carroll to have the record he has in my mind is an amazing accomplishment that very few coaches will have the luxury to enjoy...

do I think he can turn this ship around? I do think at some point in the season things will turn for the Hawks It's very difficult to understand what's really going on being that I do NOT feel like Carroll nor the players actually give true representation of what's actually happening... I think we get snippets of information and bland answers to a media that is prone to blow things out of proportion... so that is a huge factor...

I tend to think that Carroll will work out of it... I think that this year they have taken on a new O with a first time OC and they Have lost their starting RB as well lost Russ for several game. The O line has not had a chance to gel due to shuffling players around due to injury as well there has been issues with Russ adapting to the new O.

I think all these factors are the reason why this team is where they are. Reasonably I can't say that the coaching has been poor and the reason for the collapse. I also can't say that it's not the reason because I don't feel we have all of the information. all I have is what I read and my perception. both are subjective.

but I do know that Carroll is a Good man and has done a great deal in Seattle and I think regardless of how much his football team wins in the future I think he deserves respect for his accomplishments and what he has given to Seattle ... i have no problem with people having their own opinion but it irritates the hell out of me when I see Carroll dis respected because I don't think he is a piece of trash and I don't think he should be treated as such even if he does have a losing season...I don't see how ANY reasonable person could not have that view...

But that's just my opinion and I'm damn sure going to state it... and one more thing there is NOTHING wrong with having football hero's... My kids have hero's and I have hero's I'm not a shamed of that...

LTH

chris98251

Reaction score
Thinking he should move on and that he has reached his peak here is not disrespecting him.

He has his hands in too many dishes I believe at this point, he has established a winning culture, he needs to Coach or move into the Front Office full time. Or just move on.

He really has not changed much since USC, the NFL is a copycat league and people adjusted to him and what he brought into the league.

You have to evolve or bring in something old as new again like the Running game when everyone is stacked to defend the passing game etc.

We are hamstrung with a QB that seemingly the more control he has the worse the offense gets, the RB's we have are not across the nation household names but productive when we have let them work, we don't do that much the last few years and get impatient and resort to Hero Ball.

DC have Wilson figured out, you can give up in between the hash marks and defend deep and the edges, have LB's stacked in the flat to stop the sweeps and be able to crash the run game, have DE's target a spot for the pocket escape where Wilson almost always goes to.

A few run plays here in there will be successful the stretch runs seem to work best, but he won't beat you deep very often unless the WR just flat out gets by their guy.

The fact the Geno came in and used the whole field except the deep ball really and it worked is an indication it is not on Waldron.

Pete needs to be the guy that says we are doing it my way and you're running what is called, he also needs to adapt to using the inside portion of the field if it is his direction for Wilson not to.

The point is the Defense had 13 men on the field if you are passing on the sidelines all the time and not using the other 33 to 40 percent of the field between the hashmarks. This allows even average players to look all pro since they can just sorry about a 15-yard swath from the out of bounds lines to the hashmarks or numbers.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
John63":2y6txc11 said:
Maelstrom787":2y6txc11 said:
John63":2y6txc11 said:
LTH":2y6txc11 said:

LTH

Deflection John?, isn't that exactly what you & everyone else here is doing to defend their position?, their Player?, their Coaches?
I like Russ, I ALWAYS have, but I also like the hell out of Pete Carroll, & think that putting one down to prop up the other is just as wrong, ESPECIALLY since there's NOT ONE bloke here on .NET that is end-all be-all expert.
NO ONE HERE knows what goes on behind the scenes, & wouldn't know exactly how to fix the slide that they have been going through, they might THINK they have all the answers, but, THEY DO NOT, ....So THEY CRITICIZE, because let's face it...THAT'S ALL THEY'VE GOT. :229031_shrug:

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
John63":aucgdz0s said:
Maelstrom787":aucgdz0s said:
John63":aucgdz0s said:
LTH":aucgdz0s said:

LTH

That's not what deflection is. I'm directly responding to your silly reply that suggests Russell (and, by extension, you - as your persona is wholly embodied by the defense of him) is unfairly persecuted or receives more criticism than is warranted.

Deflecting would be me changing the topic entirely.

Bless your heart.

K

K.J WRIGHT

Pete should have been fired after not handing the ball to Lynch in the SB.

Jville

Reaction score
K.J WRIGHT":oyzks79c said:
Pete should have been fired after not handing the ball to Lynch in the SB.

:roll: .......... Pete wasn't under center for that play.

Jville

Reaction score
K.J WRIGHT":1370b0oi said:
Worst called play in the history of all SB's.

:177692: Non-sense. Brandon Browner delivered a great route delay to influence the outcome.

John63

Reaction score
LTH":1ufxzbyl said:
TwistedHusky":1ufxzbyl said:

Trust me.

First of all I don't see things the way you do...so that in its self is a difference of perception. I don't see the last several years as being a bad thing... I see it as being competitive in a league that the weak die in... and so for Carroll to have the record he has in my mind is an amazing accomplishment that very few coaches will have the luxury to enjoy...

do I think he can turn this ship around? I do think at some point in the season things will turn for the Hawks It's very difficult to understand what's really going on being that I do NOT feel like Carroll nor the players actually give true representation of what's actually happening... I think we get snippets of information and bland answers to a media that is prone to blow things out of proportion... so that is a huge factor...

I tend to think that Carroll will work out of it... I think that this year they have taken on a new O with a first time OC and they Have lost their starting RB as well lost Russ for several game. The O line has not had a chance to gel due to shuffling players around due to injury as well there has been issues with Russ adapting to the new O.

I think all these factors are the reason why this team is where they are. Reasonably I can't say that the coaching has been poor and the reason for the collapse. I also can't say that it's not the reason because I don't feel we have all of the information. all I have is what I read and my perception. both are subjective.

but I do know that Carroll is a Good man and has done a great deal in Seattle and I think regardless of how much his football team wins in the future I think he deserves respect for his accomplishments and what he has given to Seattle ... i have no problem with people having their own opinion but it irritates the hell out of me when I see Carroll dis respected because I don't think he is a piece of trash and I don't think he should be treated as such even if he does have a losing season...I don't see how ANY reasonable person could not have that view...

But that's just my opinion and I'm damn sure going to state it... and one more thing there is NOTHING wrong with having football hero's... My kids have hero's and I have hero's I'm not a shamed of that...

LTH

But yet again you have no problem kicking Wilson while he is down like I said hyporite