Hasselbeck also argued that the Seahawks offense is also sim

Jville

Reaction score
Set aside your personal animosity and try listening to the original source @ the Matt Hasselbeck Show >>>> [urltargetblank]https://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=176763[/urltargetblank]

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
Jville":1tces0tk said:
Set aside your personal animosity and try listening to the original source @ the Matt Hasselbeck Show >>>> [urltargetblank]https://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=176763[/urltargetblank]

I did already.

keasley45

Reaction score
We can't even run the offense we have effectively, why make it more complex? If the plays that Waldron wants to run require multiple reads and checks, doesnt make sense to keep pushing it when after read 1, we are in improv mode.

What Waldron came from requires expert, fast, and reflexive distribution of the ball. He said it himself a few weeks ago. We don't have that.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
LOL it is amazing how a Former hawks QB who played in the system says it is simple and predictable but the hater still cant accept it.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I don't think anybody here would disagree with the full quote and this isn't a hot take.
Hasselbeck":3th3ho2l said:
I just don’t see the same precision that you see in other offenses around the league right now. It’s more like a hope and a prayer, you know, or it’s like, hey quarterback, go scramble around and maybe Tyler Lockett will break free on a second move and that’s where we’re getting our big plays. There needs to be more layups for me. There need to be more completions, there need to be less sacks, certainly less sack-fumbles. I don’t think it’s that far away from clicking, but right now, it’s just, it’s not clicking.

There’s not that much respect for this offense that people are reinventing brand new things for just them. There’s just not.. You really can’t make an excuse about injuries when you literally just played Arizona’s B-team.”

The only thing that people might disagree with about that are 1) we are close to clicking on offense and 2) you can't make excuses about injuries. We've looked pretty far away to me, and Arizona's injuries on offense didn't make it easier for our offense to execute.

We've played a stretch of good to very good defenses that have all been pretty healthy, while our offense has been riddled with injuries. Of course that's a factor that should be considered, and no that doesn't mean anybody is ignoring all of the other factors which also matter.

toffee

Reaction score
AgentDib":3f2z0lp2 said:
Hasselbeck":3f2z0lp2 said:
I just don’t see the same precision that you see in other offenses around the league right now. It’s more like a hope and a prayer, you know, or it’s like, hey quarterback, go scramble around and maybe Tyler Lockett will break free on a second move and that’s where we’re getting our big plays. There needs to be more layups for me. There need to be more completions, there need to be less sacks, certainly less sack-fumbles. I don’t think it’s that far away from clicking, but right now, it’s just, it’s not clicking.

There’s not that much respect for this offense that people are reinventing brand new things for just them. There’s just not.. You really can’t make an excuse about injuries when you literally just played Arizona’s B-team.”

Key words:
"There needs to be more layups for me." Hasselbeck was intentionally or accidentally echoing Warner, more layups!!! Why more layups? Because with more layouts, then our QB won't be , again in Hass's words: " hey quarterback, go scramble around and maybe Tyler Lockett will break free on a second move and that’s where we’re getting our big plays". LOL, if our QB doesn't go scramble around, then there will be, in Hass's words: "more completions, there need to be less sacks, certainly less sack-fumbles"

For us 12s, after Hass and Warner expressed their opinions, the key question: WHY HAVEN'T WE MAKE MORE LAYUPS. Either Pete wouldn't let OCs call those plays? or, OCs did call those plays Russ couldn't or wouldn't executive those plays, he changed them at LOS? or, knowing Russ couldn't or wouldn't execute those plays, our OCs shy away from calling them.

We have gone though THREE OCs, same problem of no layups, doesn't sound like an OC issue, does it? it came down to Pete won't let OCs call those plays or Russ couldn't do them.