Sinking Ship

sprhawk73

Reaction score
Would any decent coach want PC’s job at this point? How do you right a ship that is sinking with no draft picks and very little to work with? Job security? One way to secure your position is by making the position unattractive. Sabotage

Was there this much site activity when we were winning?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I'm sure quite a few would love that job. The Seahawks are a stable, model organization. This isn't friggin Jacksonville.

And I'd have to disagree that making the position "unattractive" is a means of self-preservation for any coach or executive. Quite the opposite, in fact. If a team fires a coach, it's because the situation has devolved significantly to the point where ownership no longer feels that they can win with the current staff. Making the role unattractive does nothing to secure one's seat.

Also, there was more site activity in past winning years. Forums weren't as outmoded as they are today.

massari

Reaction score
They've a top QB when healthy, so of course coaches would love it in Seattle, especially offensive minded ones.

The Hawks can trade DK for a couple high picks before his big cap hit, then look to fill some holes on OL and DL with them. Lot's of good free agent WRs to sign should they trade Metcalf.

Invest heavily in free agency and draft upgrading the DL and OL, they're a top team again.

chris98251

Reaction score
massari":2b09fjkp said:
They've a top QB when healthy, so of course coaches would love it in Seattle, especially offensive minded ones.

The Hawks can trade DK for a couple high picks before his big cap hit, then look to fill some holes on OL and DL with them. Lot's of good free agent WRs to sign should they trade Metcalf.

Invest heavily in free agency and draft upgrading the DL and OL, they're a top team again.

So Fantasy Football.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":dhgre0lo said:
I'm sure quite a few would love that job. The Seahawks are a stable, model organization. This isn't friggin Jacksonville.

And I'd have to disagree that making the position "unattractive" is a means of self-preservation for any coach or executive. Quite the opposite, in fact. If a team fires a coach, it's because the situation has devolved significantly to the point where ownership no longer feels that they can win with the current staff. Making the role unattractive does nothing to secure one's seat.

Also, there was more site activity in past winning years. Forums weren't as outmoded as they are today.
Just curious, what makes the Seahawks a "model organization"? That may have been true underneath Paul Allen, but his successor, Jody Allen is largely an unknown quantity. There are a lot of questions about the ownership and management of this team at the moment.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":35anqdo5 said:
Maelstrom787":35anqdo5 said:

Just curious, what makes the Seahawks a "model organization"? That may have been true underneath Paul Allen, but his successor, Jody Allen is largely an unknown quantity. There are a lot of questions about the ownership and management of this team at the moment.

The owner is technically Paul Allen's Trust, which Jody is the trustee of. There are other executives, like Schneider, who is highly respected.

Other than that, Seattle for the past long while has had pretty stable leaders, and tends to be an examplary franchise with the overall results on the field following suit. A lot of that is owed to Pete.

Good example is how Seattle has, by far, had the best response to the pandemic out of all the franchises and, by extension, almost no on-field problems caused by the virus.

Anyone coming in is stepping into an organization that was built by competent hands. A structure is already in place. Just coach, baby.

xray

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":39uywshz said:
Maelstrom787":39uywshz said:

^
The silence from ownership is deafening .

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
xray":vu3y05ue said:
Spin Doctor":vu3y05ue said:
Maelstrom787":vu3y05ue said:

^
The silence from ownership is deafening .

To a pissed off fan who wants to see heads roll, sure. I can see how one might think that.

But if you think coaches want ownership sticking their beaks into shit and not letting the football people handle the football jobs, you're on something. The thread was about the job being unattractive to other suitors. What you're hoping for is something that will actively make Seattle a less desirable organization.

kf3339

Reaction score
massari":2ycx10i6 said:

Investing heavily in the lines is a great idea! The problem is that leadership pretty much has done the exact opposite for years. That's why we have such weak lines that get pushed around by every team we play.

That's not changing with our "leadership".

massari

Reaction score
chris98251":281n983g said:
massari":281n983g said:

So Fantasy Football.
Yes, trading Frank Clark away in the same type of situation was all just a fantasy.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
There are only 32 NFL coaching positions, it's one of the most highly compensated and prestigious job a football coach will ever attain, that includes even the worst of jobs in places like NY, Detroit, etc.

So of course the Hawks could still attract just about any available coach they want.

It's certainly not in the top 2-3 of organizations like it was 7-8 years ago, but still a great organization, great city and great fan base, and I assume the same deep pockets to pay whatever it takes to get the best candidate.

John63

Reaction score
Most good coaches look for certain things when they take a job

draft capitol
Franchise QB
Young Talent
Power
Ownership
Facilities

Seattle at the moment has 3 of those. Some young talent, great facilities, and a franchise QB

We don't have draft capital
whoever would take the HC job will not have the same power PC has
Ownership is a huge question mark.

so decide what you think, I think there are some good HC who would be interested but a lot that will not.

xray

Reaction score
sprhawk73":13qgl7zv said:
Would any decent coach want PC’s job at this point? How do you right a ship that is sinking with no draft picks and very little to work with? Job security? One way to secure your position is by making the position unattractive. Sabotage

Was there this much site activity when we were winning?

Any decent coach would be thrilled to hire on , knowing that ownership would hand over the keys to the castle and complete control , like they did with Carroll . Who wouldn't ?

OP
OP
sprhawk73

sprhawk73

Reaction score
John63":1il372rx said:

draft capitol
Franchise QB
Young Talent
Power
Ownership
Facilities

Seattle at the moment has 3 of those. Some young talent, great facilities, and a franchise QB

so decide what you think, I think there are some good HC who would be interested but a lot that will not.

Precisely, if we blow it up now don't expect anybody that good as a replacement.

I wonder if Mora is available. :sarcasm_on:

chris98251

Reaction score
John63":yhyap3j8 said:

draft capitol
Franchise QB
Young Talent
Power
Ownership
Facilities

So now you have a NFL coach as a buddy also.............

He told you these things right, most Teams hire a coach when something goes wrong, they have a lack of talent, no QB, no assets in the draft to build with initially, many teams have a GM and are reluctant to give complete control due to hey what we have here, ours works better then most in the past however but you can get tunnel vision with one person having all the say.

Our ownership is ideal for a good Coach GM team since we don't have a meddlesome owner.

Facilities will always be top notch with this ownership as well.

jeremiah

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":1thych4t said:
Maelstrom787":1thych4t said:

Look up how Jody ran the organization in Portland. She is not a serious football mind or businessman. Look to her to cash in on a big sale soon.