The Jamal Adams trade eviscerated the Seahawks team!

Tokadub

Reaction score
If anyone is confused why 25% of our attitude and moves this season seem to be to win, but 75% is like we are a corpse...

The Jamal Adams trade literally eviscerated the Seahawks organization.

Definition of eviscerated:

-disembowel (a person or animal).
-deprive (something) of its essential content.
-remove the contents of (a body organ).

That would explain why we have Wilson as one of the highest paid QBs in the entire league yet still somehow we did the Jamal Adams trade and then decided to "NOT COMPETE".

It's as if the owners, management, and coaches all simultaneously realized the Jamal Adams trade was the end of our franchise in the Pete Carroll + Russell Wilson era.

You wouldn't sign Jamal Adams to make over $20,000,000 dollars a year if you WEREN'T GOING ALL IN WITH RUSSELL WILSON!

It seems they realized Jamal is a bust and now they are scrambling to rebuild... it's over man. My advice to Wilson would be to leave maybe even go to the Rams or 49ers... He's way better than both those QB's and I'll still root for him even if he wants to jump ship from this train wreck that is the 2021 Seahawks.

For the record... I HATE the 49ers, I respect the Rams... I LOVE the Seahawks. But we've clearly gotten to a point of no return sitting on $13,000,000 of cap space this season when we went ALL IN WITH JAMAL ADAMS??? If I'm Jody Allen I'm firing Pete and Schneider for this "mistake"... hopefully they resign instead.

sutz

Reaction score
Yeah, man, saying you'll root for our best player if he plays for a division rival in the future is a great way to show your love for the Seahawks.

All right!

:34853_doh:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Death, Taxes and everything sucks posts from Toker

I'm sure he wants them to lose tonight so he can post something else. Something that is exactly the same as the last 778 posts he put out.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The defensive side of this roster was already eviscerated long before we traded for Adams.

That's WHY we traded for Adams, desperate move to find a playmaker on an aging defense that didn't have any drafted playmakers to make that impact.

Reed (gone)
Jefferson (gone)
McDowell (never played)
Griffin (gone)
Hill (gone)
Jones (gone)
Thompson (gone)
Green (good but not great)
Flowers (gone)
Collier (Inactive)
Blair (hurt all the time)
Barton (special teams)
Brooks (good but not great)
Taylor (still not consistently great enough)

This is why you gave away two first rounders for Adams. DESPERATION.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I was for the trade even though I know we had only a 10-20% chance of it working out.

Because that was the only hope.

I don't agree that it was a sign that Pete wanted to move on from Wilson.

It was a sign that Pete only has the one idea on how to build a winning team and his idea requires great if not All-Pro safeties. For Pete's defense to have a chance, which is the only way WE would have a chance, we needed fantastic safeties - notably a box safety that could play like a rover/LB but still cover.

Supposedly Adams was also good in coverage.

It doesn't seem to be working but then again we still have KNJ, and he could make anyone look bad.

I don't actually believe that Adams is good in coverage and that is an issue, but how we are using him isn't great either.

That is for a different thread though.

Pete could have Joe Montana in his prime, he would still want his all-everything safeties. He actually got one in Diggs but Adams is both obscenely expensive and not near as effective on the field for the cost.

Pete needs great safety play for his defense to work - it has less to do with Wilson than the OP is stating.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":fxqrxlgc said:
Pete needs great safety play for his defense to work - it has less to do with Wilson than the OP is stating.

And good D-line play
And good LB play
And good DB play
And a bell cow RB that doesn't get hurt for half a season every year

I actually was for the Adams trade, because we stink at 1st round picks, so I wanted a proven playmaker on a defense that desperately needed one.

But almost two years later? Even the most rose colored glasses Hawk fan has to admit it's been a utter bust.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I agree with Largent on this one. The cover has been pretty bare on defense for a while now. There has been some bad luck, some good decisions not to overpay decent players, and then a bunch of desperate moves that only kicked the can down the road (richardson, clowney, adams, trading picks for players, not prioritizing comp picks). Losing our first round pick this season is a huge deal because one silver living to this season could have been the infusion of more draft capital than we see from an entire draft in most seasons.

I still don't agree about coaching. Go back and compare our 2019 roster to the Rams 2019 roster. The Rams had a much better roster on paper and yet we finished two games better. A lot of that is because the one position we were better at was QB, and then we also were much luckier that season than this one. Still, the remaining variable there is coaching and the Rams were well coached at the time. The idea that a bad Hawks coaching staff has been dragging down a talented roster is just not reasonable.

nanomoz

Reaction score
It did not "literally" eviscerated the Seahawks.

It figuratively did.

balakoth

Reaction score
A team with major issues over the last 4 years.. but this single trade did them in apparently

ROFL...OOOKKKK

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
That is the other issue Largent. We cycle through our talent inefficiently.

We are not the Patriots. We try to emulate them but we aren't in their class.

We cannot let go of talent because it costs too much and then replace it with someone on the bench/PS/draft

The big problem for us is that :

1 - We are no longer a top UDFA destination
2 - We no longer get good veterans willing to take a deal to play for a winning org on a 1 year 'prove it' deal.
3 - We overspend on FAs when we get them or we take vets with little tread left on the tires

So many of these would have just made more sense to keep. Reed might not be a worldbeater, but he was effective for us. Griffin might have kept the team from falling apart at the start of the season - we are literally just a game or 2 back for the playoffs I think if we win tonight(which is unbelievable).

What ends up happening is we let go of someone, and then find out that is what players cost - literally scrambling to find a replacement and either getting a shell of what we had, or paying near what the player would have cost anyway.

The most annoying thing is when we draft someone to 'develop', usually someone that does not even play the position, and deal with all the terrible growing pains. Then, they finally become effective and we let them walk. We did that with our center - drives me crazy.

Yes they cost a lot. PLAYERS COST MONEY. If we stopped paying millions on terrible FA pickups, we wouldn't be so strapped to pay guys we should be keeping.

The idea we can just let someone go and find a replacement needs to die. Because it isn't working. AT ALL.

xray

Reaction score
PC and JS have been enabled and unbridled by ownership to do whatever they want ; and all the awesome deals they can concoct . :2thumbs:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2i84kqk3 said:
So many of these would have just made more sense to keep. Reed might not be a worldbeater, but he was effective for us. Griffin might have kept the team from falling apart at the start of the season - we are literally just a game or 2 back for the playoffs I think if we win tonight(which is unbelievable)..

Pete and John can't even make this argument, that they never overpay for veteran talent........because they literally just grossly overpaid a safety with injury history who can't cover.

They also have always said they don't mind handing out big contracts to their own guys, and both Reed and Griffin say otherwise.

Which I get, no team wants to overpay. But GM's and Head Coaches also need to be honest with the state of their roster, and know that sometimes maybe overpaying is a necessity when they've done a terrible job of drafting and player acquisition to fill those holes if they do refuse to overpay.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Nah
This team has been going downhill since "The Play". Vets left or were let go. Pete never replaced their talent. The team transition from defense to offense being their strength has not worked at all. Pete will never coach in another conference championship game. Russ will never play in one either. Not with this team, not with another team.

sprhawk73

Reaction score
Reckless desperation is the only way to describe the Jamal Adams trade.

The LOB existed because we had multiple super star capable defensive players with chips on their shoulders competing with each other. ET was the only player drafted in the 1st round but it worked because he wasn't brought in as "a better" than other defensive players. They rose up together and that created the team.

Trading for Adams would have worked when we had a developed defense, all it did now is set us back even further.

That is why I'm not happy with what has been going on with the team. It's too late to replace parts when we need a new engine.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Blah, blah, blah!

It seems quite clear that Toka-few- dubs has developed a dislike for Jamal Adams. This player will have his first season in his NFL career this year not being on a Pro Bowl team. That for him is a disappointment. He set an all time record for sacks by a S last season. He is a player the opponent have to scheme to protect against. So far it appears he may have some limitations in coverage but is strong against the run.

With respect I disagree with the opening post and believe this is a an exceptionally talented player, once the team knows how to best use him he will steadily improve and return to his All Pro form.

seabowl

Reaction score
We were 1 pick away in 2018, ONE, from getting the chance to choose Derwin James and I think they would have pulled the trigger. Once the Chargers selected him we immediately traded out of that spot to choose later on....

Rashaad Penny

If James would have been there for the Hawks I bet the Adams trade never would have happened.

Is what it is.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
seabowl":10w21a0n said:
We were 1 pick away in 2018, ONE, from getting the chance to choose Derwin James and I think they would have pulled the trigger. Once the Chargers selected him we immediately traded out of that spot to choose later on....

Rashaad Penny

If James would have been there for the Hawks I bet the Adams trade never would have happened.

Is what it is.
Derwin James would have been great.

Budda Baker would have also been a great pick too.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We had every chance to get Baker. No idea why we didn't.

Everyone could see that Earl was not going to last here.

HUGE missed opportunity because we freaking knew exactly what we were getting in Baker.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":29kfzuhi said:
seabowl":29kfzuhi said:

Rashaad Penny

Is what it is.
Derwin James would have been great.

Budda Baker would have also been a great pick too.

Add MInkah Fitzpatrick, who was drafted at #11, but was traded for way less than JA.