Pete Carroll will be fired before the season is over.

getnasty

Reaction score
When you invest 35 million in a QB that gets outplayed by Colt McCoy and Taylor Heineken how much can you blame him.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Throwdown":15vj9yb7 said:
Pete can’t make Russ learn to read a defense, man.

Then he should bench him. Either way, Pete is at least partly to blame for this weekly shit show. He is either unwilling or unable to fix it.

Throwdown

Reaction score
WmHBonney":3gou976i said:
Throwdown":3gou976i said:

Then he should bench him. Either way, Pete is at least partly to blame for this weekly shit show. He is either unwilling or unable to fix it.

Trade value tanks if they bench him

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Throwdown":xcq64bpf said:
WmHBonney":xcq64bpf said:
Throwdown":xcq64bpf said:

Then he should bench him. Either way, Pete is at least partly to blame for this weekly $h!t show. He is either unwilling or unable to fix it.

Trade value tanks if they bench him

True

Optimus25

Reaction score
Throwdown":2qr9fzdk said:

I beg to differ. Coaching can make that happen. We’re too damn focused on peteball to get anything going though.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I doubt he will be fired, just based on Jody Allen's handling of the Portland Trailblazers. She's been all about keeping the status-quo and doing the minimum required to keep that franchise going. I personally think she's going to sell both of these teams sometime in the future. I'm of the opinion that Carroll is just a placeholder right now.

James in PA

Reaction score
What if Pete, John, Russ, Shane, and KNJ all return next year? How ape $h!t would this place go? But if you think about it, it could happen. Pete's not going to get fired due to one horrible season. I don't think he will step down either. John and Pete seem to be attached at the hip so if Pete stays, so does John. Pete loves KNJ and is going to point to the improvement in the D as the season went on. Shane? Can't imagine they would make a change AGAIN. That would just be a really bad look. Russ? No trade clause and the real possibility of lowball offers due to his poor play this season. Yes, there's a chance they could all be back.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
James in PA":13gnkfik said:
What if Pete, John, Russ, Shane, and KNJ all return next year? How ape $h!t would this place go? But if you think about it, it could happen. Pete's not going to get fired due to one horrible season. I don't think he will step down either. John and Pete seem to be attached at the hip so if Pete stays, so does John. Pete loves KNJ and is going to point to the improvement in the D as the season went on. Shane? Can't imagine they would make a change AGAIN. That would just be a really bad look. Russ? No trade clause and the real possibility of lowball offers due to his poor play this season. Yes, there's a chance they could all be back.
I think that is more likely than not. I could see Russ raising another ruckus in the offseason, but I could just as easily see him back in a Seahawk uniform.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well if he wants success in the future and he can call his shot to a team he wants to play for he may open his options.

Throwdown

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":sosiuof5 said:
Throwdown":sosiuof5 said:

So basically he can’t coach?

3 OC’s and the same issues, I don’t think the issue is Pete when it comes to how things have turned out in regards to Russ. 9 years in and can’t adapt to how teams are defending him. Pete and JS could be blamed for fumbling and messing up the RB room, or the pass rush. But idk, 3 OC’s 9 years in and the same issues should ring alarm bells for some.

hawker84

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1xetjl59 said:
Throwdown":1xetjl59 said:

So basically he can’t coach?

Yep, this. He can't coach, and his run needs to end ASAP.

And I'm still puzzled at the whole, after ten seasons of top tier QB play, RW all of a sudden can't read defenses? Explain that to me, I'll wait.