Russel Wilson is broken. It's time to move on.

W

Welshers

It kills me to say this. It really does. Russel Wilson is my favorite QB in the history of the game. But the guy is broken. He is trying to go deep every play. Even the game commentators are pointing out he is missing blatantly wide open guys over the middle of the field. Maybe he doesn't want to be here, maybe he has just lost his edge. Regardless, this isn't something that looks like it is going to be fixed in the film room. I'm sure they are showing him all the guys he is missing every week, but nothing seems to be changing.

So it's time to move on. Put his cap space to work elsewhere. We would likely have won one of these last few games with a guy like Geno. Build a Pete-ball style running team with that Wilson money. Check the ball down. There is still enough talent here to build a winning team, but at this point we should do it without Wilson.

John63

Reaction score
Welshers":1ah6ga3p said:
It kills me to say this. It really does. Russel Wilson is my favorite QB in the history of the game. But the guy is broken. He is trying to go deep every play. Even the game commentators are pointing out he is missing blatantly wide open guys over the middle of the field. Maybe he doesn't want to be here, maybe he has just lost his edge. Regardless, this isn't something that looks like it is going to be fixed in the film room. I'm sure they are showing him all the guys he is missing every week, but nothing seems to be changing.

So it's time to move on. Put his cap space to work elsewhere. We would likely have won one of these last few games with a guy like Geno. Build a Pete-ball style running team with that Wilson money. Check the ball down. There is still enough talent here to build a winning team, but at this point we should do it without Wilson.

67% complt. 2tds, 110 passer. 247 yards, 8ypa and our leading rushers yeh he list it...not. he was not great but he also was not bad. The offense went to hell after the fumble by collins.

Mizak

Reaction score
Please. The running game sucked today cuz WFT was all over it.

pinksheets

Reaction score
John63":1nkiv9q8 said:
Welshers":1nkiv9q8 said:

67% complt. 2tds, 110 passer. 247 yards, 8ypa and our leading rushers yeh he list it...not. he was not great but he also was not bad. The offense went to hell after the fumble by collins.
Maybe the stats you keep posting don't tell the whole story, huh?

Offense looked anemic all came long, only put up 13 points, QB made a ton of horrible throws.

Russ looked horrible. Only people who don't see that are his devotees who will never see wrong in him.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

John63":27q57fxb said:
Welshers":27q57fxb said:

5 straight 3 and outs. Did you see all the easy passes he missed? All the times he went deep instead of going to wide open guys? He's not seeing open guys

JGreen79

Reaction score
There's more to playing QB than the stats. He's making very poor decisions all game long. He seems to be picking his target pre snap and isn't adjusting mid play when it's not there.

The force to DK, he had as wide open a recover your going to get and still forced it deep. Took a weak sack in the 2 minute drill, could have easily thrown it away, didn't even try to move around on the 2pt conversion. These are just the late ones that stand out a little bit more. His head isn't right.

Stud

Reaction score
As a 49ers fan, I never thought I'd see Wilson actually hindering your offense. He threw a bunch of high passes and off target passes, yeah he was clutch at the end, but your D gave up 17 points and you still have to fight at the end just to tie it.

His finger is clearly not 100%. Don't worry, you'll beat us next week like you always do.

hoxrox

Reaction score
The only stat that matters is 4-12 on 3rd down.

Seymour

Reaction score
John63":150wb1vu said:
Welshers":150wb1vu said:

His numbers are misleading. Clearly his head is not right for whatever reason coming off his injury. NFL leading 5 straight 3 and outs against a poor defense does not win games....period.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
John63":210jzm1k said:
Welshers":210jzm1k said:

Did you even watch the game? Russ was pathetic.

nwHawk

Reaction score
John63":3krxwgxk said:

Get a clue! How many open guys did you see when watching tonight’s game? Heck, I would love to rewatch the all-22. But I might be too pissed to truly be objective. If you think Russ was NOT part of the problem you not being realistic. I’m done with him.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
pinksheets":1y8k0600 said:
Russ looked horrible. Only people who don't see that are his devotees who will never see wrong in him.

Yep... he did look horrible... and yeah... I watched the game. He doesn't look 100% from the finger injury and he also appears blind and/or not focused at times...

nwHawk

Reaction score
JGreen79":1wtbuzpb said:
There's more to playing QB than the stats. He's making very poor decisions all game long. He seems to be picking his target pre snap and isn't adjusting mid play when it's not there.

I feel like he has done that for years, but he picks his spots and then ad libs the rest. Pete tolerates it because he often finds a way to win. That will come to an end one way or another.

edogg23

Reaction score
He is literally playing like the 32nd best qb in the league at this point and that is being generous. This is one of the worst 3 game stretches of offense I have ever witnessed. Geno wins this game tonight.
Seahawks should claim he is hurt and shut him down and see if anyone will fall for it next year.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I’ve been a huge Russ fan since watching him beat Michigan State while at Wisconsin. I was thrilled when he was drafted. I’ve been a huge fan and have loved every comeback, every win and even excused some of his few mistakes over the years. But…and it’s a big but, something if definitely off with him. I have never been in the camp of “it’s time to get rid of him” but I’m starting to wonder if and when he will start to resemble the Russell Wilson that most of us know and love as the QB of the Seahawks.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Stud":8fhx1yec said:
As a 49ers fan, I never thought I'd see Wilson actually hindering your offense. He threw a bunch of high passes and off target passes, yeah he was clutch at the end, but your D gave up 17 points and you still have to fight at the end just to tie it.

His finger is clearly not 100%. Don't worry, you'll beat us next week like you always do.

They were high passes, but how many of them had a guy in his face. I will admit he will sail if a guy is there to hinder his full throwing motion. That is obvious. But with the last drive...he still has it. Maybe we need to try converting on 3rd down more than just on third down. Maybe try converting on first down. Then second. Not just leaving it to third down. Especially when the running game is gone.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Stud":1nxbtj2f said:

I agree Wilson is not healthy and was a liability for the team.

And not to derail the thread, but if you guys had Deebo I'm confident you'd beat us by at least 20. I guess you'll have to settle for a 10 point victory this time lol

WestyInTheFlat

Reaction score
Outsider chiming in (from Eagle country)....if you "moved on" from Russell Wilson it would rank up there as the biggest blunder in NFL team history. Like Hard-core! Maybe he needs to "officially" get back on IR, and your backup QB is serviceable -- more game-time experience for him couldn't hurt.

You just CAN'T do it.

In my neck of the woods, we quickly realize just how the team ownership ultimately has to answer to the collective wishes and demands of the fanbase. So if enough of you CLAMOR for it....Beware!

toffee

Reaction score
John63":3n727pye said:
Welshers":3n727pye said:

Keep up the good work, Russ threads ain't the same without you, fade, defending Russ. You guys made dot net fun,

Salute.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Russell's play isn't justifying his cap number and the talent around him isn't nearly enough to make up for Russell's poor play. We went to two Super Bowls on Russell's rookie contract, won one, and haven't sniffed one since he got paid.

We are about 3 good players away from being a fringe 1-and-done playoff team. Our draft misses and history of low-return trades comes back to bite us. Even small things like giving up Jacob Martin for a season of Clowney is biting us.

Between draft misses, trade fleeceings, Russell's high cap number, and the players we can't bring in because we can't pay them, we are about a half-dozen good players and a serviceable QB away from being a legit contender. Russell just got outplayed by Taylor freakin Heinicke in a primetime national TV game.

Russell looks disinterested and doesn't look have the escape wheels and desire he used to. He doesn't seem to have the D-reading skills to make up for the athletic ability decline. His cliche pressers are just as hard to listen to as Pete's. I don't see the upside in continuing to stick with Russell at his current pay grade.

Russell can't seem to convert a 3rd down. I knew we'd fail on the 2-point conversion to tie because that's basically the same situation as countless 3rd downs we've failed on all year. Isn't Russell *dead last* in 3rd down conversions this year, of all NFL QBs?