12 carries 34 yards

Mizak

Reaction score
It sucked. Props to WFT Defensive Line snuffing it out.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Some of that was Russ running. The Oline might be the worst run blocking unit I’ve ever seen.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
You also have to realize that sometimes the running game takes time to get going. Runners usually need time to get into a rhythm, especially guys like Collins. Our scheming on the run game is also trash. It's extremely basic and it tips off where we're going to go. I had hoped that Waldron would bring some of the Rams running concepts, but it's been more of the same.

Between poor scheming and sporadic running, we're not doing our line or RB any favors. It should be mentioned too that Lewis was out and Procic is not a very good run blocker.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
This post is spot on. While the football team, cards rbs and gb ran all over us. A true run game is what we need, but we have gone far from it. Multiple 3rd and less than four yards and we pass. That tells me as a d coordinator their run game sucks. They have no confidence. Defend pass and scramble all day.

People want to blame russ, but going away from our offensive scheming completely is not helping us win games. We are supposed to be a running team remember?

Cue the...well we don't have Carson and Penny is useless fans. Gives them a reason to put it all on russ for this piss poor example of a supposedly complete defensive/offensive team.

minormillikin

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2vbvvuub said:
Some of that was Russ running. The Oline might be the worst run blocking unit I’ve ever seen.

16 of the rushing yards were Russ (2 runs).

Running backs were 10 rushes for 18 yards.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Watched a replay of last nights game. I watched Russell specifically.

Wanna know when it’s a run play/hand off? He doesn’t put in his mouth guard. When it’s a passing play he puts in the mouth guard.
If I’m picking up on this, then sure as hell other defenses and coordinators are as well. Seems to me it’s the “unknown” signal like this that defenses and coordinators are picking up on and stopping or stuffing our run game as if they know what’s going to happen like it already happened all they gotta do is watch the mouth guard.. Then I checked other games as well.. Russell is consistent with this pattern.

minormillikin

Reaction score
JPatera76":2254he5q said:

Wanna know when it’s a run play/hand off? He doesn’t put in his mouth guard. When it’s a passing play he puts in the mouth guard.
If I’m picking up on this, then sure as hell other defenses and coordinators are as well. Seems to me it’s the “unknown” signal like this that defenses and coordinators are picking up on and stopping or stuffing our run game as if they know what’s going to happen like it already happened all they gotta do is watch the mouth guard.. Then I checked other games as well.. Russell is consistent with this pattern.

Wow, that's insane. You'd think he or the coaches would be aware of this, but you should seriously find some way to make sure he knows. Tweet at him, or his agent, or something.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
minormillikin":1hidruc5 said:
JPatera76":1hidruc5 said:

Wow, that's insane. You'd think he or the coaches would be aware of this, but you should seriously find some way to make sure he knows. Tweet at him, or his agent, or something.

I've seen it, but failed to recognize that pattern. Ridiculous if true.

There's your sign.

JPatera76

Reaction score
I feel like we’ve heard of something like this ( not this exact Trend or pattern or even team maybe) before a player or coach who was inadvertently giving away what was being called. I could’ve swore maybe even it was player on Seattle that mentioned it as a give away to look for when they play some opponent. Maybe the panthers and Cam? Or Cam and the Patriots and Bobby or Chancellor saw a trend?

But yeah after check a few other games, it’s definitely something Russell does

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Another change that has impacted the Seahawk run game is that Andy Dickerson is the run game coordinator. The Seahawks were missing Carson for good part of last season too but they ran the ball as a group better than they are doing this year. The players are much the same - Collins, Dallas, Homer, etc. I believe they only brought Dickerson to appease Waldron.

irfuben32

Reaction score
Did they give it to the jet motion guy even once?

It seemed like every time they used jet motion it was just a hand off inside that got squashed immediately.

I feel like you need to at least make them respect it by actually giving it to the guy a time or two.

Also it's probably going to be more effective that ramming it straight into their strong DT's with a backup guard and center.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":3u7xqrew said:
You also have to realize that sometimes the running game takes time to get going. Runners usually need time to get into a rhythm, especially guys like Collins. Our scheming on the run game is also trash. It's extremely basic and it tips off where we're going to go. I had hoped that Waldron would bring some of the Rams running concepts, but it's been more of the same.

Between poor scheming and sporadic running, we're not doing our line or RB any favors. It should be mentioned too that Lewis was out and Procic is not a very good run blocker.
Creed is but I guess Eskridge is a more attractive player?

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
One thing I noticed. Alex Collins is easy to track with his long flowing hair. I wonder if linebackers have found this to be true as well. I wish he would tie it back. Could also be that we just really suck

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Reasons...

O-Line is not great
Alex Collins is a backup RB. Which right away says he's at best the 33rd best RB in the league
Lack of Creativity - I'm sure I'm not the only one who notices (including the opposing defense) all run plays go straight up the middle, which was different when you had Beast Mode (and Carson)
Predictability - I think someone else posted earlier previous stats, but I'm guessing the percentage is still VERY high that 1st down is almost always a run for the Hawks up the middle.
RW Failing - The run and pass game are very dependent on each other the way this team plays, both do well, or both fail...in this case both are failing terribly.

rsRyno

Reaction score
JPatera76":1320k4uw said:

Christine Michael did this one season. It was brought up in this forum and Pete made a comment about it in a presser (if I remember right). I’d really like to think it’s been brought up to Russ if this is an ongoing thing. If it hasn’t then our coaches are morons. If it has and Russ is still doing it then our coaches are still morons and Russ is too.