Missing Open Recievers

W

Welshers

Cannot be explained by an injured finger. I keep seeing all this talk about Russ only playing badly because he is injured. No, something is fundamentally wrong. He keeps making bad decisions and missing open receivers. This has been happening since about halfway through last season. Surely with all the film he watches he is seeing this. And yet he is unable to adjust? It can't be explained by a nagging injury. I think it would be mutually beneficial for us to part ways. Maybe he will be reinvigorated and start seeing things differently elsewhere.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Don't go to the dark side Welshers. Lot of negative posts on here. Mostly about russ. He is a part of the problem, but not thee problem. I knownyour frustrated. So am I, because I thought we would be a better complete team. The real truth is...our defense is suspect for long drives. Offense is stagnant. Ecspecially running. What happened to making plays on special teams? We have a fantastic punter, but no one who tries or can change opposing fields on punts or kick returns. We do not have a whole team. Blame cannot go to one player. Even if he touches the ball more than anyone else. If we were a complete team...everyone on this board is quiet because we'd be winning games like Pete wants. Good defense and atleast competent offense which neither are.

5thgen

Reaction score
When your qb throws balls to opposing players (see 2 pt conversion) and flings balls up for grabs instead of open receivers, he may not be fully responsible for the loss, but he is the main reason for it.

reddmmann

Reaction score
It seems like, when defensive players are around him, he does not follow through with his passes (probably, subconsciously, not wanting to hit his hand on a helmet again). Lack of a follow through results in passes going " airborne".

hawker84

Reaction score
Lemme get this straight.... youre saying accuracy issues can't be explained by a broken finger with torn tendon still on the mend? On his throwing hand no less. In what u inverse does that statement make sense?

Is that the only issue at this point no. But it certainly is playing a part.

That man's fingering was dangling like a melted gummy worm a month and a half ago, and he is now out there throwing a football with it, and you're saying he shouldn't be having any accuracy issues? Unbelievable.

Yes he has always made a head scratching bad throw or bonehead rookie-ish play here and there. But to say he's been doing it routinely since last year is a bit much. But I guess people will see what they want to see.

Greenhell

Reaction score
Russ continually expresses that he's obsessed with football especially on his social media but it makes me wonder if he's putting as much mentally into the game as he was before. I hate to bring up his celebrity but could it be he's spending less time watching film and putting his energy in his outside endeavours? Something isn't right with not only his throwing hand but he mentally seems off.