Doug Pederson

W

Welshers

Is the perfect solution. Born and raised in the state of Washington. A great offensive mind. Won a SB with a backup QB. He's not an unproven entity like Eric Bienemy. He has head coaching experience and he has been successful. That franchise in Philly is a disaster and he won them a SB. Bring the guy in. He can turn this ship around.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Welshers":1fh96hgr said:
Is the perfect solution. Born and raised in the state of Washington. A great offensive mind. Won a SB with a backup QB. He's not an unproven entity like Eric Bienemy. He has head coaching experience and he has been successful. That franchise in Philly is a disaster and he won them a SB. Bring the guy in. He can turn this ship around.

He is also the reason they couldn't figure out their qb position. He is the reason they won sb, but also the reason nick folks is non existent, but also wentz is no longer an eagle. He didn't make the right choices.

Honestly, I will take anyone willing to adapt and overcome. Someone who is willing to do what it takes instead of sticking to a faulted, non adaptive, aging philosophy.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":3nynizes said:
Welshers":3nynizes said:

He is also the reason they couldn't figure out their qb position. He is the reason they won sb, but also the reason nick folks is non existent, but also wentz is no longer an eagle. He didn't make the right choices.

Honestly, I will take anyone willing to adapt and overcome. Someone who is willing to do what it takes instead of sticking to a faulted, non adaptive, aging philosophy.
Doug Pederson didn't have the GM authority like Pete Carroll has. It was like a Holmgren, Tim Ruskell situation in Philly. QB wasn't the main problem there either. Wentz was a good QB in Philly, he just could never stay healthy. Doug Pederson was able to take a Nick Foles that hadn't played QB for awhile and make him look like a legit starting caliber QB. What Pederson did for Foles was pretty amazing, he adapted his whole offense to fit Nick Foles strengths.

The FO and Pederson were often at odds in Philly. He didn't have any control there. Carroll has a unique arrangement, only two coaches in the NFL have Carroll's level of control (power over the GM). Those coaches being, Ron Riveria and Bill Billichick.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":2fc2q48f said:
jamescasey1124":2fc2q48f said:
Welshers":2fc2q48f said:

Doug Pederson didn't have the GM authority like Pete Carroll has. It was like a Holmgren, Tim Ruskell situation in Philly. QB wasn't the main problem there either. Wentz was a good QB in Philly, he just could never stay healthy. Doug Pederson was able to take a Nick Foles that hadn't played QB for awhile and make him look like a legit starting caliber QB. What Pederson did for Foles was pretty amazing, he adapted his whole offense to fit Nick Foles strengths.

The FO and Pederson were often at odds in Philly. He didn't have any control there. Carroll has a unique arrangement, only two coaches in the NFL have Carroll's level of control (power over the GM). Those coaches being, Ron Riveria and Bill Billichick.

No...Carson was average in Philly beyond his first season. You wanna talk about missing open recievers. Foles was actually a better qb that year they won the bowl. I remember arguing with a friend who is a Philly fan fanatic about how bad Carson was. That with a limited pass game and a strong defense is why eagles won.

I agree with you on control though or anyone who could positively effect an obviously drowning team.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":3tagcsv2 said:
Spin Doctor":3tagcsv2 said:
jamescasey1124":3tagcsv2 said:
Welshers":3tagcsv2 said:

No...Carson was average in Philly beyond his first season. You wanna talk about missing open recievers. Foles was actually a better qb that year they won the bowl. I remember arguing with a friend who is a Philly fan fanatic about how bad Carson was. That with a limited pass game and a strong defense is why eagles won.

I agree with you on control though or anyone who could positively effect an obviously drowning team.
Wentz had a few good seasons before he fell off. He wasn't spectacular, but he wasn't god awful, you could do a lot worse than Carson Wentz as your QB. Doug Pederson was really good at scheming around his players, that is the main point I was trying to make.