Russ on heavy pain meds? (speculation)

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
I can't be the only one who sees how "high" Russ kind of looked out there tonight. He looked very vacant.. almost like it wasnt actually him out there. Im guessing hes been shot up with quite a lot of different stuff because of the finger. If thats the case.. why even play him? Just put Geno in and rest him for next year...

BChawkfan

Reaction score
He's had that look for 3 games in a row. Kinda looks like he does when he gets sacked a few times early in past games.
This certainly isn't the same #3 we are used to seeing

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
BChawkfan":2jni2uqh said:
He's had that look for 3 games in a row. Kinda looks like he does when he gets sacked a few times early in past games.
This certainly isn't the same #3 we are used to seeing
He’s always looked that way to me. I think he has a bit of a lazy eye.
Not claiming to be an expert on this though.

soxhawk

Reaction score
Noticed his eyes were cashed when walking to shake Heineckes hand. Would suck if he's pushing himself for no reason.

minormillikin

Reaction score
He's looked like this since about the time recreational Jazz Cabbage was legalized in Washington.

Just kidding, I think it's just how he looks all the time.

I think a major thing about Russ is that he's lost a step, just from aging and mileage. So much of what made his game great was his quickness to run out of jams. Lose some quickness, lose some greatness.

K

K.J WRIGHT

therealjohncarlson":38hl4hyz said:
I can't be the only one who sees how "high" Russ kind of looked out there tonight. He looked very vacant.. almost like it wasnt actually him out there. Im guessing hes been shot up with quite a lot of different stuff because of the finger. If thats the case.. why even play him? Just put Geno in and rest him for next year...

I noticed the same thing. He's on something. smh

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
He's looked like that in the past couple years. It was the tell that you were gonna get bad Russell for that game. Now it's permanent

DangerousDoug

Reaction score
I thought the same thing on the play at the end of the game when he rolled out and didn't throw the ball away but rather just got knocked down. It was very strange...

OP
OP
therealjohncarlson

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
DangerousDoug":3pfgjgew said:
I thought the same thing on the play at the end of the game when he rolled out and didn't throw the ball away but rather just got knocked down. It was very strange...

I noticed that too.. his whole body looked stiff as a board...it did look really strange

IndyHawk

Reaction score
You guys are looking at him below the waist? :shock:

:sarcasm_on:

xray

Reaction score
those eyes coupled with a stupid grin ...sounds like some good weed to me . :D

Chapow

Reaction score
Y'all are hilarious.

Yeah, I'm sure Russ is out there all zonked out on opioids. Couldn't possibly be that he's simply struggling badly and can't figure out why or how to fix it.

He looks to me like a guy who is very perplexed, very discouraged, and very concerned by what is happening to him and his play on the field. He does not look like a guy on "heavy pain meds".

I have a very close family member who has struggled with addiction for a very long time, and specifically with pain killers and muscle relaxers, so I am very familiar with what this looks like. There is absolutely no way Russ could be out there trying to function as a QB in an NFL football game if he was on "heavy pain meds". It's just a ridiculous premise.

K

K.J WRIGHT

He should have shut his pie-hole in the off season. Karma..... :D

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
He looked stoned tbh. Zombie like almost. Dazed and confused, unaware of many open receivers. They probably shot him up with some demoral or toradol before the game. He probably has nerve damage in the finger

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Seems about right that this “is he on drugs” speculation is added to all the rest that have come before…anyone else hear all the whistles in this thread

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I'm not going to run with speculation, but it isn't impossible. I wouldn't doubt it if a reliable source mentioned it. He had a pretty ridiculous injury to his finger, and now he has to take snaps into it and grip a ball while trying not to get tackled. It probably hurts like a son of a bitch.

justafan

Reaction score
Tweets that mean nothing, drug accusations and now a lazy eye. WTF is wrong with you people

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
I don't think there's much they can give those guys anymore. Didn't the NFL stop the use of toradol?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The only good thing about when he's gone..... I can stop hearing people whine and moan about Russ 24/7.

Geezus this place..........