Finally

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Pete places blame where it belongs….on the shoulders of Russell Wilson. Wilson gets too many passes by the media in general and Pete has never once had anything negative to say about Wilson’s play. He hasn’t been good for well over a year now. The divorce has commenced. John and Pete stay, Wilson gets traded. We’ll be lucky to get 2 firsts or even 1 at this point. His career as a proficient quarterback is done. He had a good career though he just can’t read the field and make the throws. He’s had a long career but he hasn’t aged well at all. He’s taken too many sacks for holding onto the ball too long his body is shot. His finger is only one issue of many

BamKam

Reaction score
I think Russ can find success somewhere that has good young talent but needs a QB and has room for his contract. I do not think he can find the same success he has had here anymore.

Morrissey1

Reaction score
Washington fan here.

With Seattle being my 2nd favorite team to pull for, I’m here out of total sincerity and I created this account out of concern for Wilson.

With that said, is it possible that Wilson is experiencing a problem with pain medication? Over the last couple of games, it seems that Wilson is struggling with awareness and has that heavy, almost sleepy look in his eyes. For whatever reason, Wilson is far from being himself and it must go beyond general cynicism towards the franchise.

Just my two pennies y’all. Best wishes everyone.

- Sonny

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Looks more like a series of cascading failures.

Wilson is not following through on throws. Noticeably. And the ball is sailing all over the place accordingly.

Also noticed that Wilson is chucking the ball down the field into grass at even a whiff of pressure.

But man that gameplan is not helping.

And the offensive line was not great, if not substantially worse.

Finally, our defense is giving up long drives, resting their defense (though admittedly helping our struggling OL to rest too)

Russell was terrible. But nothing about this team is effective or even working at even average effectiveness.

That was bad. The kind of bad that 3 win teams don't usually dip to.

Russell had a part in it, even a large part, and I am not sure he is near 100% - but there were many failures and they all seemed to magnify each other.

OP
OP
H

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
hawker84":2ye2k3uw said:
You giving Pete a pass?
Yes I am. I don't think he's Bellichick but he's a hall of fame coach. Geno would easily have us sitting at 5-6 right now and improving each week. We saw how he balled out against the Jags. Wilson is a liability not only in terms of play but in terms of everything else including cap hit

rjdriver

Reaction score
Morrissey1":2487of7w said:
Washington fan here.

With Seattle being my 2nd favorite team to pull for, I’m here out of total sincerity and I created this account out of concern for Wilson.

With that said, is it possible that Wilson is experiencing a problem with pain medication? Over the last couple of games, it seems that Wilson is struggling with awareness and has that heavy, almost sleepy look in his eyes. For whatever reason, Wilson is far from being himself and it must go beyond general cynicism towards the franchise.

- Sonny

Thanks for joining and welcome.

There was a thread on here previously speculating the same theory. I think a lot is going on in Russ's world and he clearly lacks a swagger he once had, but I would say no to being too drugged up.

Good luck in the NFCE and your quest for the playoffs. Hope you spank Dallas twice in December !

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":16ema9te said:
hawker84":16ema9te said:
You giving Pete a pass?
Yes I am. I don't think he's Bellichick but he's a hall of fame coach. Geno would easily have us sitting at 5-6 right now and improving each week. We saw how he balled out against the Jags. Wilson is a liability not only in terms of play but in terms of everything else including cap hit

Lol. The Jags game is the only game Geno would have won. He beat the worst team in the league and now he's the answer? Give me a break.

justafan

Reaction score
rjdriver":3m3nnseu said:
Morrissey1":3m3nnseu said:
Washington fan here.

- Sonny

Thanks for joining and welcome.

There was a thread on here previously speculating the same theory. I think a lot is going on in Russ's world and he clearly lacks a swagger he once had, but I would say no to being too drugged up.

Good luck in the NFCE and your quest for the playoffs. Hope you spank Dallas twice in December ![/quote

A fan of the team that just beat us comes here and spouts garbage about RW on dope and a Hawk fan thanks and welcomes him here. Strange days indeed.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
This place would probably cease to exist w/out daily Russ blasting and/or making up crap about the guy. Every...damn....day.

We all know he came back too early and should have been sat by Pete. It didn't happen, the team sucks and has zero direction.

Tical21

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2w9677wq said:
This place would probably cease to exist w/out daily Russ blasting and/or making up crap about the guy. Every...damn....day.

We all know he came back too early and should have been sat by Pete. It didn't happen, the team sucks and has zero direction.
Tell me the last franchise QB sat by his coach over injury concerns. If your franchise QB comes back, says he's healthy, and the medical team says he's healthy, he plays. Every time. It is up to the QB to be honest and pull himself out if he's going to hurt the team.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Thanks for the laugh. The Coach has final say. But do you, we all know how much you can't stand the guy.
We get it. I suspect you are enjoying not only seeing them lose, but to see Russ finally have an off year.
Congrats, you got your way. It only took 10 years for you to boast as if you're some kind of of God who can predict the future.

AgentDib

Reaction score
You can't have it both ways. Russ is either still a top QB and should be starting if medically cleared, or he isn't anymore and that's part of the reason why he shouldn't be starting.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
It seems like Tical has been critical of an aspect of Russ's game. I don't think he's said that Russ sucks or anything that. And he's just pointing out that right now the aspect of Russ's game that isn't the best is now easier to see because the deep ball has been taken away.

keasley45

Reaction score
Tical21":2d866s9c said:
SoulfishHawk":2d866s9c said:

Tell me the last franchise QB sat by his coach over injury concerns. If your franchise QB comes back, says he's healthy, and the medical team says he's healthy, he plays. Every time. It is up to the QB to be honest and pull himself out if he's going to hurt the team.

Everything in the universe is in search of balance. You see it as constant blasting. From the other side (extreme opinion based criticism aside) this place looks insane for all the blame that goes to every single aspect of the team OTHER than Russ. And beyond insane when you actually stop to look at the tape of whats going on in the game on sundays and set aside preconceived notions.

I'd bet there aren't many fanbases in the league that have gone so far as to implicate the ownership in the perceived failure of the team, the coach, the GM, every coordinator, every position group, EXCEPT the QB - and one that hasnt played at a 'franchise' level statistically since week 7 of 2020.There are calls on the board to tear the entire team down, rather than entertain the idea that Russel might be flawed in a way that is now just beginning to come to light because his style has been adapted to by the league and his talent is beginning to wane.

And that's not crazy? It feels like the epitome of 'if I can't be right and my guy 'golden', then I'd rather just see the whole thing fail.

Just saying what it seems like on the flip

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nope, he's absolutely contributing to how bad the team is playing. He's part of many different factors this year that are just plain not working.

LTH

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":24lbfxik said:

Wilson is not following through on throws. Noticeably. And the ball is sailing all over the place accordingly.

Also noticed that Wilson is chucking the ball down the field into grass at even a whiff of pressure.

Finally, our defense is giving up long drives, resting their defense (though admittedly helping our struggling OL to rest too)

Russell was terrible. But nothing about this team is effective or even working at even average effectiveness.

Russell had a part in it, even a large part, and I am not sure he is near 100% - but there were many failures and they all seemed to magnify each other.

I don't think the O line was that bad from what I saw it was the backs in this last game that were not pass protecting... DJ Dallas vs one of those big ass interior lineman from WFT, that's NOT a pretty sight. they were really missing Homer...

over the past 3 games or so I don't see anyone stopping WFT running game. but our D gave up 3.5 yards a carry but WFT ran the ball 43 times that's NOT a bad performance from our D. our D is 5th in the NFL as far as points allowed so yor characterization is mis leading

LTH

keasley45

Reaction score
LTH":2xh559z5 said:
TwistedHusky":2xh559z5 said:

I don't think the O line was that bad from what I saw it was the backs in this last game that were not pass protecting... DJ Dallas vs one of those big ass interior lineman from WFT, that's NOT a pretty sight. they were really missing Homer...

over the past 3 games or so I don't see anyone stopping WFT running game. but our D gave up 3.5 yards a carry but WFT ran the ball 43 times that's NOT a bad performance from our D. our D is 5th in the NFL as far as points allowed so yor characterization is mis leading

LTH

Yup. And I don't see how anyone can evaluate Waldron when right now, an offense that has to run through Russ is compromised from the beginning

OP
OP
H

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
keasley45":3c41p44v said:
LTH":3c41p44v said:
TwistedHusky":3c41p44v said:

LTH

Yup. And I don't see how anyone can evaluate Waldron when right now, an offense that has to run through Russ is compromised from the beginning
it's nothing Waldron has nothing to do with the missed open receivers. The scheme is sound. What sucks are our running backs and O line along with Wilson. He's either stoned or the finger is a bigger issue than he's letting on. We need Smith to come in and string together a little win streak. Wilson needs to rest his finger and we need to shelf him for future trade bait