We need to face the facts

Chawker

Reaction score
The 2021 Seattle Seahawks need to realize their weak points so the proper changes can be made.

Our RBs are a walking mash unit or of under talented back ups.

The offensive line isn't that bad, yet Brown is aging and will have to be replaced.

Our defensive front seven needs a overhaul minus Brooks.

Most people in here want to point there finger at just one person like Pete or Russ when we need to look at all the things going on.

A broader scope of all players and personal need to be given. If I was Pete I'd shake up the line up some, just to see what we got. It not like we're headed to the play offs.

Cheers

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Agree with most of your post except for the OL isn't bad. The starting OL may be serviceable, but the depth is horrid. We just saw what happens at LG when Lewis is not there. Fuller is terrible. Not sure why they didn't pull him out yesterday. Pocic is ok but not great. Could use an upgrade there. Shell will be an FA and is oft injured, Jackson and Lewis (oft injured) are good. Brown could retire anytime (he's not playing at his pro bowl level), they don't have a replacement in place. Jamarco Jones is oft injured too. OL is not in as good as shape and needs lots more work to fix.

rcaido

Reaction score
We needed another RB. Once Carson was hurt, we should have tried to get another RB w/ Collins. Le'Vonne Bell or a catching RB. We have a lot of money we are just sitting on for no reason.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
rcaido":kx8z20r0 said:
We needed another RB. Once Carson was hurt, we should have tried to get another RB w/ Collins. Le'Vonne Bell or a catching RB. We have a lot of money we are just sitting on for no reason.

This. Plus, another good to great DT (one with pass rushing chops)....Geno Atkins was and is still available. No interior rush all season long...gives guys like Colt McCoy, Taylor Heinicke, and Jameis Winston to the Seahawks apart. These aren't top tier QBs.

During the offseason I undervalued Reed, thinking they would get an upgrade in Atkins (they didn't go for him when they had the chance...still do). But keeping Reed would have been a tremendous over what is there now. He made Poona better. He improved the interior DL with his presence. That's not there now. They just have "J.A.G." types who can't stop the run or rush the passer on a consistent basis.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I've tried to be optimistic. This team has deteriorated to the point where some substantial
Changes need to made .

1. We have an aging undersized qb who was most effective when using that run/pass option
I forget what they called it. He wants to drop back and throw 40 yard bombs into double
Coverage . He seems to not be 100% physically.

2. We still try to play the same run game as if we had Marshawn Lynch. With a
Very underwhelming offensive line

3. I'm not sure what I could say about the defense that hasn't been said already.
What I do know is they're on the field at least 40 minutes per game. They
Might be better if they had a little support from the offense.

4. I have to think John Schneider isn't being allowed to build and manage the team
The way he would like to. The moves they make regarding free agency and the
Draft smell of a desperate 80 year old coach who doesn't know the NFL has passed
Him by. Other teams have figured him out and what he does.

5. But I will contradict myself and say if any coach in Seahawk history deserves the
Benefit of trying to fix things, it's Pete fn Carroll. I've been a fan since the 80s
And I appreciate the high level our team has been at since he's been here.
Maybe they aren't as far off as we think.

We've gotten spoiled . Anyone remember being 8-8 at the end of the season and
Seattle needing team X to beat team Y and team Z having to lose to team A
Just for the Seahawks to make the tournament?

Teams go through cycles, players retire, players move on.

hawker84

Reaction score
Pete needs to go. He's had more than enough time to right the ship, and the players to do it. His philosophy is outdated and figured out, how people don't see this is mind boggling to me.

Our o line is trash, which effects our QB who in my opinion, still has plenty of gas in the tank. He will never flourish here under the current system.

Blow the whole thing up, or get rid of Pete and and rebuild around Russ. Either way, Pete's got to go or we're in for some more long seasons like this before he finally gets ran...

NJlargent

Reaction score
The time for facing facts has long sailed. Our failure to face them previously is why we are 3-8. We now have the Jets version of Pete Carroll. He needs to go.

xray

Reaction score
On Jan.9 2021, the 12-4 division winner Seahawks , got beat up at home by the Rams ; in maybe the last playoff game the Hawks would appear in for quite awhile . That game showed that the demise of the ' dynasty ' that never happened was already into a full blown slide . IMO

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Seattle cant run the ball, pass the ball, play defense, has incompetent coaching, and questionable ownership. Other than that, they are in decent shape.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
rcaido":z17vhu63 said:

Might be holding the cap space for dead money due to planned trades/cuts in the offseason

Tical21

Reaction score
Chawker":109igqqv said:
The 2021 Seattle Seahawks need to realize their weak points so the proper changes can be made.

The offensive line isn't that bad, yet Brown is aging and will have to be replaced.

Most people in here want to point there finger at just one person like Pete or Russ when we need to look at all the things going on.

A broader scope of all players and personal need to be given. If I was Pete I'd shake up the line up some, just to see what we got. It not like we're headed to the play offs.

Cheers
I point the finger first at Schneider. Should have had the keys taken away 3-4 years ago, but of course I get roasted here every time I suggest as much.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
morgulon1":28ckblxe said:
I've tried to be optimistic. This team has deteriorated to the point where some substantial
Changes need to made .

1. We have an aging undersized qb who was most effective when using that run/pass option
I forget what they called it. He wants to drop back and throw 40 yard bombs into double
Coverage . He seems to not be 100% physically.

2. We still try to play the same run game as if we had Marshawn Lynch. With a
Very underwhelming offensive line

3. I'm not sure what I could say about the defense that hasn't been said already.
What I do know is they're on the field at least 40 minutes per game. They
Might be better if they had a little support from the offense.

4. I have to think John Schneider isn't being allowed to build and manage the team
The way he would like to. The moves they make regarding free agency and the
Draft smell of a desperate 80 year old coach who doesn't know the NFL has passed
Him by. Other teams have figured him out and what he does.

5. But I will contradict myself and say if any coach in Seahawk history deserves the
Benefit of trying to fix things, it's Pete fn Carroll. I've been a fan since the 80s
And I appreciate the high level our team has been at since he's been here.
Maybe they aren't as far off as we think.

We've gotten spoiled . Anyone remember being 8-8 at the end of the season and
Seattle needing team X to beat team Y and team Z having to lose to team A
Just for the Seahawks to make the tournament?

Teams go through cycles, players retire, players move on.

1-4 are spot on.
5 really too... I just see no reason to believe Pete's now capable of orchestrating another rebuild. If he doesn't bow out it's going to be like Tom Coughlin's last years with the Giants.

LTH

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2a8cxmja said:
Seattle cant run the ball, pass the ball, play defense, has incompetent coaching, and questionable ownership. Other than that, they are in decent shape.

I just find it interesting that you have been complaining about Carroll, complaining about JS, complaining about Jody Allan, complaining about every aspect of the Seahawks but Russell Wilson who you say is NOT happy in Seattle because Pete Carroll has ruined this team... But in actuality Wilson has as much or more to do with the team's woes as anyone on the team. Now all of a sudden, all the doubters are gone, nowhere to be seen...

Hmmmm... I'm just not quite sure what to think about that...LMAO!!!

LTH

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
half the page blames Russ, it's ok :mrgreen:
He is a PART of it, along with many other factors. The team is a mess, top to bottom.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
LTH":10lgoht3 said:
pittpnthrs":10lgoht3 said:

I just find it interesting that you have been complaining about Carroll, complaining about JS, complaining about Jody Allan, complaining about every aspect of the Seahawks but Russell Wilson who you say is NOT happy in Seattle because Pete Carroll has ruined this team... But in actuality Wilson has as much or more to do with the team's woes as anyone on the team. Now all of a sudden, all the doubters are gone, nowhere to be seen...

Hmmmm... I'm just not quite sure what to think about that...LMAO!!!

LTH

Did my statement not include passing the ball?

You find it interesting because your incapable of seeing whats really going on due to your fanboyism. Russ is playing bad, no doubt about it, and because he cant cover up for the rest of the teams ineptitude as usual, he's all of a sudden the root cause for all of the issues to you and others now. The only difference between this season and any other season is that he's hurt and making some bad decisions and isnt playing out of his mind like he normally does. He's still the best player on the team and the only player that can overcome the pathetic coaching schemes to somehow will the team to some victories. Let Geno or another game manager type QB take the reins for a season and you'll quickly see how bad this team really is without Wilson.

Why am I even explaining myself? You still think the defense is good for Gods sakes.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":o22qxfze said:
He is a PART of it, along with many other factors. The team is a mess, top to bottom.

This 1000%

LTH

Reaction score
Chawker":3epv9vtf said:

Cheers
I'm liking what I'm seeing from the D line. They are not getting the sack numbers, but they are starting to get some pass rush on the QB... I think what you're seeing is Players like Taylor and Robinson develop it's not happening as fast as fans want it to, but it is happening, and I think the issue is still the corners, I don't think the Hawks have opened up the scheme to much because they don't want to give up the big play and I think that why they are playing more zone rather than playing more man.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
What? The opposing QB's are back there cooking steaks. While I'm happy with the point totals they are giving up, pass rush has been brutal this season.

Rat

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":6iaerrpv said:
What? The opposing QB's are back there cooking steaks. While I'm happy with the point totals they are giving up, pass rush has been brutal this season.

This might be the most disappointing aspect to this year's team. We don't have a TJ Watt or a Myles Garrett, but I honestly thought we had enough depth for it to be a strength. Dunlap and Hyder keep showing up on the active gameday roster list, but I swear neither is actually playing. Mayowa too, although I wasn't expecting a ton there. Green has the occasional highlight play, which makes a lot of fans miss that he's a non-factor the vast majority of the time. Robinson hasn't really taken that step forward after the promise he showed last year. The Collier pick was puzzling at the time and horrific in hindsight. I will give them Taylor though, our front office really hit on that one. I hope he stays healthy.

Frustrating to never see anyone getting pressure. We don't have the secondary to get away with a subpar rush.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":t4jop5ql said:
SoulfishHawk":t4jop5ql said:

This 1000%

Yup, and the top to bottom part means that changes have to start at the top or the rest of the changes likely don't matter.