The Russ wants out theory

LTH

Reaction score
I here this a lot "Oooh Russ wants out of Seattle"... If he truly wanted out of Seattle all he would have to do is go to Carroll and say I don't want to be here... Please trade me.. and I'm 95% sure that Carroll would trade him. Why would Carroll want a QB that didn't want to be here?

I'm about 95% sure that if Carroll didn't believe in Wilson he would have traded him last off season. I am convinced that Carroll knows every flaw that Wilson has including any read issues...as he has been coaching Wilson for about 10 years.. It doesn't mean that Wilson won't be traded or it doesn't mean at some point that Wilson won't ask for a trade but at this point there is no reason to think either party wants out at least from my perspective.

LTH

toffee

Reaction score
LTH":2fkbvo3j said:
I here this a lot "Oooh Russ wants out of Seattle"... If he truly wanted out of Seattle all he would have to do is go to Carroll and say I don't want to be here... Please trade me.. and I'm 95% sure that Carroll would trade him. Why would Carroll want a QB that didn't want to be here?

I'm about 95% sure that if Carroll didn't believe in Wilson he would have traded him last off season. I am convinced that Carroll knows every flaw that Wilson has including any read issues...as he has been coaching Wilson for about 10 years.. It doesn't mean that Wilson won't be traded or it doesn't mean at some point that Wilson won't ask for a trade but at this point there is no reason to think either party wants out at least from my perspective.

LTH
Last off season was about Russ wanted to get Pete fired, but Jody didn't bite. It was a power play, that, well, didn't work. It might have worked if Russ didn't took his unlimited one bridge too far by openly expressed wishes to own a NFL Franchise. So Jody asked herself, if she fires Pete and Russ took the team to another Superbowl ..... He turns his media machine around to pressure Jody to sell.

Now if you were Jody, do you need that?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

AgentDib

Reaction score
Your mistake is treating it like a real theory when it's just a way for some fans to shift responsibility away from Russ. The idea is that it isn't so much that Russ is playing poorly, but that the team around him is a mess and so he is disinterested and just going through the motions.

Nobody actually thinks that Russ, who named his own kid Win, isn't extremely invested in whether we win or not, how he is perceived around the league, and or his chance at passing Manning's win totals which is slipping away from him this year.

NINEster

Reaction score
toffee":k539yt50 said:
LTH":k539yt50 said:

LTH
Last off season was about Russ wanted to get Pete fired, but Jody didn't bite. It was a power play, that, well, didn't work. It might have worked if Russ didn't took his unlimited one bridge too far by openly expressed wishes to own a NFL Franchise. So Jody asked herself, if she fires Pete and Russ took the team to another Superbowl ..... He turns his media machine around to pressure Jody to sell.

Wanting to own an NFL team as a player is as big of a stretch as a regular Joe trying to acquire 8+ figure wealth. Bigger probably.

It's just unrealistic for most.

You need billions, and you need it confined to one family. I'm not even sure the Brady supercouple could do it.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
toffee":3rbsmata said:
LTH":3rbsmata said:

LTH

Where did you get that information? or is that just your opinion? just curious?

LTH

toffee

Reaction score
LTH":1al6afqd said:
toffee":1al6afqd said:
LTH":1al6afqd said:

LTH

Where did you get that information? or is that just your opinion? just curious?

LTH
Speculation

RiverDog

Reaction score
LTH":3exuszkr said:

LTH

I don't necessarily agree with that assumption. IMO a very likely motivation for Russ's 'wanting out' was that he wanted more input on the direction of the franchise, the "I've been getting hit too much", his embracing of the "Let Russ Cook" motto, and so on. Russell was using his star power to leverage Pete into acting a certain way. I'm pretty sure that at the very least, Russell would have accepted a trade if it was on his terms.

We'll see just how badly Russell wants out this offseason. The more we lose, the more likely it is that he'll want to bail.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
It's not a theory.

You don't tell your agent to release a public press statement through all the agent whores like Adam Schefter letting the world know you like Seattle, but if Seattle was so inclined to trade me?......................Here are the four teams I've been spending weeks thinking about writing down!!

Russ has a VERY high opinion of himself and his talent. IMO it's too high, but hard to tell someone who thinks he's on the same level as Rodgers and Brady that he doesn't deserve all the Super Bowls all the time.

So no, it's not a theory. It's real, and it'll happen sooner than later. Either facilitated by him, or by Pete/John, or by the organization.

Again, the only thing left to discuss is which scenario goes down. It's no longer "if."

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2rlx62u3 said:
It's not a theory.

You don't tell your agent to release a public press statement through all the agent who** like Adam Schefter letting the world know you like Seattle, but if Seattle was so inclined to trade me?......................Here are the four teams I've been spending weeks thinking about writing down!!

Russ has a VERY high opinion of himself and his talent. IMO it's too high, but hard to tell someone who thinks he's on the same level as Rodgers and Brady that he doesn't deserve all the Super Bowls all the time.

So no, it's not a theory. It's real, and it'll happen sooner than later. Either facilitated by him, or by Pete/John, or by the organization.

Again, the only thing left to discuss is which scenario goes down. It's no longer "if."

It's all speculation at this point bro from what I can see.

You seem pretty convinced though..

I've thought about this a lot you know when you're giving your Lawn tractor a tune up and listening to sports radio in the man cave garage... LMAO!!!

I agree that Wilson has probably a to high opinion of him self

But my feeling is , and i have no idea if it is right, but that Wilson was dipping into what the media was saying at the time probably reading guys like Joe Fann... probably, not had a lot of communication with Carroll or the Seahawks at the time and I think he might have been feeling insecure about the Seahawks trading him. Meh... maybe, maybe not...

It's clear everybody is "reading between the lines" but I noticed for a long time you really feel strongly about your position on this subject and I'm wondering why you feel so strongly about this because I'm not seeing the, (what's the word I'm look for), the strength of conviction whatever that word is LMAO!!! I'm not saying you're wrong...I just want to better understand where you're coming from.

Thoughts?

RiverDog

Reaction score
I think it's clear that at the very least, Russell was pretty unhappy this past offseason, and given the results from this season, he's probably not feeling any better about his predicament and is likely feeling worse about it. Whether that has or will result in him wanting out is what's debatable.

Personally, I think we're looking at the last season of Russell Wilson playing in blue and green, especially if Pete stays. If Pete goes, then IMO it's 50/50 that Russell stays.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
LTH":ir9vy2tk said:
Sgt. Largent":ir9vy2tk said:
It's not a theory.

You don't tell your agent to release a public press statement through all the agent who** like Adam Schefter letting the world know you like Seattle, but if Seattle was so inclined to trade me?......................Here are the four teams I've been spending weeks thinking about writing down!!

I've thought about this a lot you know when you're giving your Lawn tractor a tune up and listening to sports radio in the man cave garage... LMAO!!!

But my feeling is , and i have no idea if it is right, but that Wilson was dipping into what the media was saying at the time probably reading guys like Joe Fann... probably, not had a lot of communication with Carroll or the Seahawks at the time and I think he might have been feeling insecure about the Seahawks trading him. Meh... maybe, maybe not...

It's clear everybody is "reading between the lines" but I noticed for a long time you really feel strongly about your position on this subject and I'm wondering why you feel so strongly about this because I'm not seeing the, (what's the word I'm look for), the strength of conviction whatever that word is LMAO!!! I'm not saying you're wrong...I just want to better understand where you're coming from.

Thoughts?

You also keep saying the same things, especially the part where you say there's no indication that Russell wants out, or is unhappy.

Not sure how you can arrive to that conclusion when;

1. He literally floated the very notion last off season.

2. We've gone through three offensive coordinators in four years for the specific purpose of satiating Russell and his complaints about the offense. Including this past off season where we fired a coordinator who won 70% of his games with Russell, and hired a McVay "pass/offense first" flunkie.

3. We're 3-8 and Russell's having his worst season by far of his career.

What, you think this all spells Russell's super duper happy and won't complain again or demand to be traded come January or February if Allen says Pete's staying?

ONLY way Russell stays is if Pete's fired, and even then I'd put it at 50/50. Again, all we're predicting now is how it's going to go down.

Btw, why would you want more Pete and Russell? You're the most optimistic Hawk fan ever if you think this marriage is salvageable.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2kprzszu said:
LTH":2kprzszu said:
Sgt. Largent":2kprzszu said:
It's not a theory.

Thoughts?

You also keep saying the same things, especially the part where you say there's no indication that Russell wants out, or is unhappy.

2. We've gone through three offensive coordinators in four years for the specific purpose of satiating Russell and his complaints about the offense. Including this past off season where we fired a coordinator who won 70% of his games with Russell, and hired a McVay "pass/offense first" flunkie.

What, you think this all spells Russell's super duper happy and won't complain again or demand to be traded come January or February if Allen says Pete's staying?

ONLY way Russell stays is if Pete's fired, and even then I'd put it at 50/50. Again, all we're predicting now is how it's going to go down.

Btw, why would you want more Pete and Russell? You're the most optimistic Hawk fan ever if you think this marriage is salvageable.

I think I'm widely misunderstood. I really don't know what's really happening and I'm NOT judging you because you have an opinion. I'm just trying to understand where you're coming from. It's so cut and dry for you. I don't see it as so cut and dry. My viewpoint is neutral at this point ... what I want is the choice that is best for the team... I don't think that one player is bigger than the team. I do think that its Carrolls job to define this team. It is Carrolls job to work this situation out. Is he going to do that? I don't know because personally, I don't know what's going on in this organization and I really think that the media doesn't know...But I read a lot of your posts I agree with some things other things not so much but I do respect your opinion even if I might not agree with you.

LTH

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
LTH":1jz5nnik said:
Sgt. Largent":1jz5nnik said:
LTH":1jz5nnik said:
Sgt. Largent":1jz5nnik said:
It's not a theory.

Thoughts?

I think I'm widely misunderstood. I really don't know what's really happening and I'm NOT judging you because you have an opinion. I'm just trying to understand where you're coming from. It's so cut and dry for you. I don't see it as so cut and dry. My viewpoint is neutral at this point ... what I want is the choice that is best for the team... I don't think that one player is bigger than the team. I do think that its Carrolls job to define this team. It is Carrolls job to work this situation out. Is he going to do that? I don't know because personally, I don't know what's going on in this organization and I really think that the media doesn't know...But I read a lot of your posts I agree with some things other things not so much but I do respect your opinion even if I might not agree with you.

LTH
You can't do what Russell and his people did this off-season, then stink up the joint on the field and expect no speculation from fans and media. It's the reason everyone feels so strongly that something has to change going into next season.

The other dynamic that may be in play depending on how they finish the season is how his teammates react to him going forward. Everyone said they weren't bothered by all the talk coming from Russ in the offseason, but that's just toeing the company line and expecting to win games. Well they aren't winning games and if they continue losing, guys are gonna start letting how they truly felt about Russell running his mouth. If continues to play poorly and backs it up with more talk this offseason, I expect we'll see some public push back from some teammates. Specially if it looks like he's moving on

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":tm62po73 said:
LTH":tm62po73 said:
Sgt. Largent":tm62po73 said:
LTH":tm62po73 said:

Thoughts?

LTH
You can't do what Russell and his people did this off-season, then stink up the joint on the field and expect no speculation from fans and media. It's the reason everyone feels so strongly that something has to change going into next season.

The other dynamic that may be in play depending on how they finish the season is how his teammates react to him going forward. Everyone said they weren't bothered by all the talk coming from Russ in the offseason, but that's just toeing the company line and expecting to win games. Well they aren't winning games and if they continue losing, guys are gonna start letting how they truly felt about Russell running his mouth. If continues to play poorly and backs it up with more talk this offseason, I expect we'll see some public push back from some teammates. Specially if it looks like he's moving on

Ok... what did I say that indicated that I don't expect anyone to speculate? I'm not saying Sgt Largent is wrong, I'm saying I don't see it because of the evidence that Ive seen. maybe he has a good reason for why he feels the way he does. I said plainly that I read a lot of his posts, I don't always agree but I respect his opinion how is that not a reasonable and logical position to take?

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
If you read my initial post, I make the assertion that if Russ went to Carroll and said I really don't want to be here our time together has come to an end from my perspective, why would anybody think Carroll wouldn't trade him? It's a reasonable position to take. Yes, he is under contract but that doesn't mean that having a QB on the roster that doesn't want to be here is the best thing for the team.

Last off season They could have had that conversation. it might be that Carroll talked him into playing out the 2021 season... It might be that Russ is going to move on, I don't know, and I don't think the media knows... at this point I am neutral. maybe sgt Largent has info that i do not have.

LTH

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
AgentDib":29sg6iex said:
Your mistake is treating it like a real theory when it's just a way for some fans to shift responsibility away from Russ. The idea is that it isn't so much that Russ is playing poorly, but that the team around him is a mess and so he is disinterested and just going through the motions.

Nobody actually thinks that Russ, who named his own kid Win, isn't extremely invested in whether we win or not, how he is perceived around the league, and or his chance at passing Manning's win totals which is slipping away from him this year.

This was originally a Joe Fann theory, but I understand your point about some fans shifting responsibility away from Russ and I understand Russ's motive of wanting the numbers.

LTH

xray

Reaction score
What if Wilson is taking dives on games in the hopes that Seattle will be thrilled to trade him....of course Wilson has notified the teams he would like to go to that the fix is in . :D

xray

Reaction score
I'm not saying that ' off the books conversations are never made ' that could never happen ! :D

chris98251

Reaction score
We have watched this team for a decade with Pete, we have seen multiple situations of team strife and how Pete and the team reacts, we have seen Wilson for almost a decade as well and seen his reactions to adversity and being challanged.

Right now this team is not united, Pete is grasping at straws, Wilson is a lot more isolated than ever on the sidelines, not meandering between players and supportive as in the past.

Something is amiss, hell you used to see Geno and Wilson always together on the bench looking at the plays, I have yet to see that in the last few weeks, even when Wilson was not suited up and available to do so.

Something is amiss.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
That GIF of Wilson on the sideline when he was hurt and that facial expression when a play was called that he knew wasnt going to work kind of says it all to me. I think there's a lot of that going on and has been going on for years. I also think Russ is pretty much fed up with it and really is in a 'screw it' frame of mind. He's in a 'Damned if I do, damned if I dont' situation. He's put lipstick on a pig for such a long time with the play calling and game day coaching thats it was commonplace and we took it for granted. This season the pig isnt having any of it. Bottom line is Russ is trying to make to much happen with the odds stacked against him and its just not working out for the first time.