Russ and DK and a a random tweet.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Not sure if this person is legit, but there have been rumors and rumbling before over the years about Russ and other players having beef.

toffee

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":1i6i5dqm said:
@tbailey1976 on twitter.

She supposedly knows inside information and said drama is between Russ and DK and a lot of ppl want Geno over Russ.

Any idea who she is or just BS?

https://mobile.twitter.com/tbailey1976/ ... 2860594176
If one per cent of this tweet was true, there seems to be locker room revolt against Russ , not the coaching staffs.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

toffee

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":2df1vsma said:
Not sure if this person is legit, but there have been rumors and rumbling before over the years about Russ and other players having beef.
One could argue that it was Pete's fault as he gave Russ 'teacher's pet' treatments.

AKNFidel

Reaction score
(Sarcasm on)… It’s obvious that the locker room doesn’t think Russ is “black enough”…(Sarcasm off)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

massari

Reaction score
Myles Garrett to the Seahawks confirmed

Seahawks fan Karen has got sources

Shanegotyou11 deserves ban hammer

toffee

Reaction score
Somos doces":3mwj2v7r said:
Whoa, alleged insider info — seems legit... Have Tonya Bailey and John63 ever been seen in the same room together?
8)
Lol, Tonya Bailey vs our own ,John63, Tonya doesn't stand a chance, John shall cover her with 30 pages of stats.

John rules.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
massari":26ieim8t said:
Myles Garrett to the Seahawks confirmed

Seahawks fan Karen has got sources

Shanegotyou11 deserves ban hammer

Yea sure do. You then deserve ban hammer for racist slander. :lol:

keasley45

Reaction score
If this is true it's going to speed up whatever resolution the Russ drama is coming to. I posted about this topic a few weeks ago - that it will be trouble when DK turns on Russ. It's not a stretch at all. DK is regularly frustrated on the field when he's open and doesn't get the ball ... and often times he should on more than just bombs. And I'm sure he knows what's really going on that's causing the offenses struggles. I remember even last year when he was interviewed about what happened to 'let Russ cook' mid-season, I swear he looked like he was giving an answer he didn't wholeheartedly believe in. He put it on pulling in the reigns and the implication was that it was done unnecessarily. It could have also been that he was afraid that basically putting the blame on the HC's conservative approach would get him in trouble. Better to buddy up with the guy who's throwing you the ball though i suppose.
I love DK. He's a phenomenal talent, but he doesn't have the selfless attitude in all of this that ADB had. Baldwin cared about winning more than he did numbers and his chewing into wilson's behind when he played poorly was out of a desire to win and elevate Russ. Dk also wants to win, but DK is also about his brand and his stats. He wants to be known as the best right now and if he feels as though Russ is keeping him from that... and feels that all the hoopla this offseason was for nothing... look out.
But I also buy into the beef in the locker room between Russ and others. You could also feel that coming early in the year when Russ answered the questions about whether the offense could habe help the defense out, saying that the points they put up should have been enough.
My read in this is that I think Pete has the loyalty and respect of the defense for sure. They likely have felt that he's supported them through their down periods this year and ultimately has placed them in position to be successful. I also think Pete is a bit on the outside of everything happening with the offense and so I'm not sure what the temperature is there re him. I'm sure the TE, O line and RB room have his back because he's advocated for them all year.
Waldron has been given the room to work withRuss and guve him what he wants, but i think over the last few weeks, as Waldron has installed more of his stuff, Russ has struggled more. Not because the plays are bad. And if you remember this offseason, DK, Tyler, etal were all raving about the play designs. So I think the plan is there, it's just the execution from #3 or lack thereof is beginning to pull the team apart. And given what's been rumored to have been said about Russ in the past... that he's sensitive to harsh criticism, I don't see this ending well.

I think he gets one more game this year... and likely as a Hawk.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
AKNFidel":2ab2q9f5 said:
(Sarcasm on)… It’s obvious that the locker room doesn’t think Russ is “black enough”…(Sarcasm off)

Coming from a black person, it definitely could've been expressed that way back with LOB/Russ beef, but that's just a metaphorical way of saying he's not a genuine person. Let's face facts. Russ comes off as a phony to most of the outside world. You can't fake it in a locker room, coach or player. If you're a douche bag, teammates will let it slide to a degree if you perform on the field. They'll respect your game even though they may hate you. If you're not executing to the level you should be, win or lose, it shows up on film day and in practice. There's no hiding from teammates in that area. As soon as it starts manifesting in losses on the field or stunting the teams ultimate expectations (post 2 SB runs with LOB still intact), people start chirping. That's white or black players, doesn't matter.

With every passing week since Russell's last contract negotiation, all known or observable evidence points to Sherm and ADB being right. Who knows if there's any validity to this current speculation, but the fact that it's even plausible in fan's minds is telling

AgentDib

Reaction score
Need a couple of line breaks in there keasley but I don't disagree. However, dissension between the QB and star WRs is sadly very normal in the NFL. To play at the top level you need to believe that you are going to get open on every play, and it wears on those kind of guys to not get the football as much as they think they should.

If anything, I think it's encouraging that DK had one target for like six yards and after that the only public thing is people coming up with rumors about supposedly private drama. We've already seen multiple cases this season of players using their parents to tweet about things or just openly complaining to the media. DK should be upset about how last night went and if he's handling it behind closed doors then that seems like a best case scenario.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":2rssq12e said:

The only thing I can really remember was the ridiculous "Russ isnt black enough" rumor from the locker room.

massari

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":a0ebt740 said:
I only ever get warnings for racial slander. Using random Karens as sources is far more destructive and deserves the hammer.

toffee

Reaction score
keasley45":3reoa66f said:
And given what's been rumored to have been said about Russ in the past... that he's sensitive to harsh criticism, I don't see this ending well.

I think he gets one more game this year... and likely as a Hawk.

Russ being sensitive to harsh criticism may be the key to it all, Pete faced the choice of protecting his franchise QB or the side with rest. Pete picked Russ, which led to gutting the defense, etc.

Tinamedina

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":2j1pa0hk said:
Seahawk_Dan":2j1pa0hk said:

The only thing I can really remember was the ridiculous "Russ isnt black enough" rumor from the locker room.

its not a rumor. wilson has always been ostracized for not being a stereotype. and yes, other players dislike him for that. and it plays into why wilson has always gotten this irrational dislike from his peers.

Tinamedina

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":tl3o8ig3 said:
AKNFidel":tl3o8ig3 said:

Coming from a black person, it definitely could've been expressed that way back with LOB/Russ beef, but that's just a metaphorical way of saying he's not a genuine person. Let's face facts. Russ comes off as a phony to most of the outside world. You can't fake it in a locker room, coach or player. If you're a douche bag, teammates will let it slide to a degree if you perform on the field. They'll respect your game even though they may hate you. If you're not executing to the level you should be, win or lose, it shows up on film day and in practice. There's no hiding from teammates in that area. As soon as it starts manifesting in losses on the field or stunting the teams ultimate expectations (post 2 SB runs with LOB still intact), people start chirping. That's white or black players, doesn't matter.

With every passing week since Russell's last contract negotiation, all known or observable evidence points to Sherm and ADB being right. Who knows if there's any validity to this current speculation, but the fact that it's even plausible in fan's minds is telling

where is this phonyness coming from? wilson is a nice guy, why is that so hard to believe? there is a reason you have never heard or seen anybody complaining about wilson treating them horribly. you've never seen wilson with a mugshot, on tmz for anything negative, nothing. he doesn't act reckless, like 65% of the black athletes out here so that means hes phony? wow. half of the LOB got bad reputations and some have police encounters (looking at you sherman, earl thomas.)

and yes, i am black, in particular a black woman.

toffee

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":ze01c54c said:
Seahawk_Dan":ze01c54c said:

The most telling was none other than Angry Doug Baldwin, after his retirement, the only QB ADB thanked and praised was none other than Tarvaris Jackson. I was taken aback by ADB's action at the time, quite shocking, a good read in the link below.

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/642740/d ... something/

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
massari":33xnofze said:
Shanegotyou11":33xnofze said:
I only ever get warnings for racial slander. Using random Karens as sources is far more destructive and deserves the hammer.

Lmao

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Tinamedina":3sb2g18p said:
OrangeGravy":3sb2g18p said:
AKNFidel":3sb2g18p said:

where is this phonyness coming from? wilson is a nice guy, why is that so hard to believe? there is a reason you have never heard or seen anybody complaining about wilson treating them horribly. you've never seen wilson with a mugshot, on tmz for anything negative, nothing. he doesn't act reckless, like 65% of the black athletes out here so that means hes phony? wow. half of the LOB got bad reputations and some have police encounters (looking at you sherman, earl thomas.)

and yes, i am black, in particular a black woman.
Go peruse the interwebs. The overwhelming sentiment regarding Russell ranges from cringe to fake. You'll have to ask all those people why they feel that way. I can't answer that for them.

As far as teammates not buying it. I imagine it have something to do with portraying one image to the public and being something different from that in real life. Being a company man doesn't help if you're not adept at navigating between the FO and your teammates. That takes a special kind of leadership and social awareness that not many have. It doesn't have to be the stereotype issue. I don't doubt some of them did hold that view, but not all of them would. You can be corny, nerdy, or anything else as long as you be true to whatever it is you are. As soon as you try to be something you're not in a locker room, respect wains quickly.

Mr separations in the preparation switched to Mr. Unlimited. Those 2 personas are nothing alike. 1 is the real Russell and 1 is an act. Only those in that building over the years know which 1 is true.

Latest posts