Perspective on Ownership

toffee

Reaction score
Jodyallen12flagAPNice read, it seems like this lady has a lot on her plate. She is not like Mark Davis who has nothing going on but the Raiders, and there's a layer between her and Pete. I don't see her writing off tens of million that she has contract with Pete and John just so Russell can enjoy having new coaching staffs. Pete and John without Russ may be most 8-9 or 9-8, but with Russ' performance of late, how many wins from Russ without Pete? With the locker room's rumored revolt against Russ, does Jody need drama?

We on dot net probably spend more time thinking of the Hawks than her,

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
What is says is that she is connected, meeting after Arizona game with Pete and John, goes to games, she will not accept a situation that is not progressing, see the Portland aspect, they were not losing, they were not progressing and getting knocked out, getting there isn't the goal winning it is. She changed Coaches after getting knocked out of the playoffs in a less then favorable way.

NJlargent

Reaction score
It was a good article. The Portland discussion gives me hope that PC is gone after this year. On the other side of the coin his reference to a “normal” discussion suggests he isn’t contemplating stepping down which is concerning.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
You know what speaks loudest to these team owners is speaking with your wallet. The drop ticket sales and non-renewed STHs will speak loud and clear this off season if there is not a single major change heading into it.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Yes the ownership may be silent right now, but they are not idle, nor absent.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/1462690797459890179[/tweet]

Bert Kolde, the vice chair and Jody's right-hand man, also attends the pressers. So this indicates that they are paying attention.

And if the Blazers moves are any indication, I expect there to be some changes if not this offseason, then the following, depending on how things pan out.

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
Hope this puts to bed the uninterested, uninvolved, token ownership posts and threads.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/trailblazers/status/1466816427524964353[/tweet]

The toxic environment that developed within the Portland Trailblazers organization forced Jody Allen's hand.

The closest toxic environment in Seahawks history was the one that force Paul Allen to end the toxic Bob Witsett / Mike Holmgren feud.

IMO .... the toxic Portland Trailblazers environment is of a very different nature than the Seahawks challenges and adversities unfolding in 2021 Seattle.

Elemas

Reaction score
I’m on the fire PC and trade RW now while you can get picks. But, maybe that’s a way out to justify things.

I know we have a HOF QB that has plenty left in the tank. I know PC has been a great coach and has done a lot for the city. There’s nothing but respect there.

As fans, we can only guess what is really going on. I wonder if ownership will be the ones to “let us know” this coming off-season.

The thing about Pete’s message isn’t “new”. We’ve heard this before. Perhaps it works on younger players (like our 2015’ish teams and college—USC). Maybe Russ is just too damn nice and has subscribed to it for so long that it caused others to speak out?

I don’t know…but one thing IS for certain. Something has to change…

And wth does it mean to not be looking at it as a “one year thing”? My initial thoughts are that both Pete and Russ are out as it screams “rebuild”.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
So she doesn't see this as just a off year where they will bounce back next year. Interesting.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MikeDugar/status/1467209188753379330[/tweet]

hoxrox

Reaction score
Interesting. I'm sure she will be at the game today and is paying attention. If the team continues to stink it up against a hated division rival, fans can communicate their displeasure.