Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (vs 49ers)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The fat lady has sung. If this truly is it for the Pete/Russ Era, thanks for the memories, it's been a hell of a run and I will cherish those memories for the rest of my days but if this how it ends, what a shame.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 23 - 49ers 24

Aros' Fearless Record: 6-5

Keyhawk

Reaction score
Seahawks win this game. It will look like a really good Seahawks team from days past. Then I will say...great, now this team shows up when it's too late. Nonetheless, I will be grateful for the win.

Go Hawks

LTH

Reaction score
I think...... I don't know...if that's the case I'll have some faith in the boys to be the spoiler.

Hawks 20-17 with a field goal with 1 second left on the clock. This team REALLY needs a win badly

LTH

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Well for what it's worth, my neighbor, who has been a sort of Nostradamus when predicting Seahawks games in general over the years had this to say about the game. (PS, this dude wins his fantasy leagues far more than he doesn't)...

And I paraphrase...

"Dude they are beat up with key players out. Your boys are gonna win Sunday."

And that's with him seeing the shit show this team has been along with all of us.

Half tempted to change my pick before kickoff, hehe....

RiverDog

Reaction score
Aros":2fauwquq said:
Well for what it's worth, my neighbor, who has been a sort of Nostradamus when predicting Seahawks games in general over the years had this to say about the game. (PS, this dude wins his fantasy leagues far more than he doesn't)...

And I paraphrase...

"Dude they are beat up with key players out. Your boys are gonna win Sunday."

And that's with him seeing the $h!t show this team has been along with all of us.

Half tempted to change my pick before kickoff, hehe....

It would appear that Deebo Samuel is out as are two of their linebackers, Warner and Greenlaw. That doesn't look like a horrible injury report.

https://www.49ers.com/team/injury-report/

jammerhawk

Reaction score
It’s a Divisional game, SF has found their game and theHawks are floundering as they go down for the 3rd time. SF can run the ball effectively and the Hawks cannot, nor can they stop the run, or pass. Opponents have enjoyed a time of possession advantage of just more than 2 to 1 over the last 2 games. Sadly this game won’t be any different. SF will run on the Hawks and control the clock. Seahawks will fall to 3-9 ensuring a losing season, the home fans will let them know they are unhappy.

Final score 49ers 24 - Seahawks 13.

How discouraging it is to be writing this is unfortunate, as I invest a great deal of emotion in my fanatical support for my team, but the wheels have fallen off and changes need to be made. It is in the end just entertainment though.

iigakusei

Reaction score
My prediction is incredible boredom.
Hawks 9 Niners 24

snowleopard

Reaction score
It will be close until the midpoint of the third quarter when SF will stretch away and win by 10-14 points.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Seahawks 24, Niners 23

Pete Carroll and Russell Wilson pull one out of a hat with a late FG, after SF outplays, outgains us, but has to settle for FGs or goes for it on 4th a couple times and misses on 1.

In this game, Seahawks get a couple turnovers. Diggs is involved in a pick of Jimmy G.

SF has no Deebo Samuel to rip us a new one with 10-15 yards every time Niners need a first down.

Russell shows signs of growth at reading opposing defenses. Still nearly screws it up, but a couple dropped interceptions by SF D bail him out. With Warner and especially Greenlaw out, their replacements turn a couple sure picks into incompletions. (Greenlaw had a spectacular pick against us a few years ago) There's a reason those players are on D instead of playing TE or WR, cuz they got no hands for catching passes.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Here's the official injury report:

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS at SEATTLE SEAHAWKS — SAN FRANCISCO: OUT: LB Dre Greenlaw (groin), DT Maurice Hurst (calf), WR Deebo Samuel (groin), RB Trey Sermon (ankle). DOUBTFUL: LB Fred Warner (hamstring). QUESTIONABLE: LB Marcell Harris (concussion). SEATTLE: DOUBTFUL: G Damien Lewis (elbow, NIR-medical). QUESTIONABLE: RB Alex Collins (abdomen), RB Travis Homer (calf), RB Rashaad Penny (hamstring).

Weather shouldn't be a factor. Forecast is for 42 degrees, cloudy, less than 5% chance of rain, light winds.

Niners have an obvious hole in their defense with one LB out and another one doubtful, but with 3 RB's showing up on the injury report and our best run blocking OL listed as doubtful, it looks like a push. Losing Deebo Samuel is a big loss for the Niners but Jimmy G is healthy and has been playing great. Russell has been stinking up the place. IMO we lose by at least two scores.

jeremiah

Reaction score
Keyhawk":2icj7um8 said:
Seahawks win this game. It will look like a really good Seahawks team from days past. Then I will say...great, now this team shows up when it's too late. Nonetheless, I will be grateful for the win.

Go Hawks

I totally agree. Russ will look like MVP, AP will look reborn, and the D will play with their hair on fire. B Wags may even blow up blocks, instead of going around them. Hawks 35 Niners 17

jeremiah

Reaction score
Keyhawk":2am0eucq said:

Go Hawks

I totally agree. Russ will look like MVP, AP will look reborn, and the D will play with their hair on fire. B Wags may even blow up blocks, instead of going around them. Hawks 35 Niners 17

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Russ finally looks like he is back. Throws 3 or 4 tds.

Dk with 100+yes

28-17 Hawks

olyfan63

Reaction score
olyfan63":37ofcuuy said:
Seahawks 24, Niners 23

Pete Carroll and Russell Wilson pull one out of a hat with a late FG, after SF outplays, outgains us, but has to settle for FGs or goes for it on 4th a couple times and misses on 1.

In this game, Seahawks get a couple turnovers. Diggs is involved in a pick of Jimmy G.

SF has no Deebo Samuel to rip us a new one with 10-15 yards every time Niners need a first down.

Russell shows signs of growth at reading opposing defenses. Still nearly screws it up, but a couple dropped interceptions by SF D bail him out. With Warner and especially Greenlaw out, their replacements turn a couple sure picks into incompletions. (Greenlaw had a spectacular pick against us a few years ago) There's a reason those players are on D instead of playing TE or WR, cuz they got no hands for catching passes.
OMG I randomly got *several* things crystal-ball exact:

1) Seahawks win
2) 49ers score 23
3) Diggs gets a pick
4) Dropped picks by SF replacements (their replacement MLB) bail Russ out

Other, correct predictions, but not-crystal-ball-level exact
1) Multiple turnovers by 49ers -- hey, it is Jimmy G after all
2) 49ers miss on a key 4th down attempt (end of game, plus illegal snap where we had them stopped in any case)
3) Russell shows growth at reading opposing defenses--well, Russell took the available open layups more, kept chains moving more than usual, it looked like progress to me

Not-quite correct things
1) SF outgained us, slightly
2) SF didn't outplay us, we had more TOP in a game for once

Prediction Failures--A "Real Psychic" would have nailed these:
1) Failed to predict a special teams TD
2) Failed to predict that Homer would be the one to score it

Yes, I realize all these semi-accurate predictions, plus $5, will get me a cup of coffee. I think I'll just brew a K-Cup at home, save $5, and call it good.