Adrian Peterson visits the Seahawks?

LTH

Reaction score
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
· 38m
From @MikeGarafolo on NFL Now: Future HOF RB Adrian Peterson is visiting the #Seahawks today. Most recently of the #Titans, Peterson could be back in the NFL, in Seattle this time.

Thats interesting!

LTH

Mizak

Reaction score
Pete only wants running backs that’s familiar with his system AKA McKissic, Procise, Carlos Hyde, and Eddy Lacy.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
The Hawks need a back that can put his head down and jam it in there to get those 3rds and shorts clearly Dallas and Collins are not that type of running back and that was clear vs WFT... I think this is a good move...

LTH

James in PA

Reaction score
Bad fit. Not injury-prone enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
James in PA":3lxhncaq said:
Bad fit. Not injury-prone enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude it's not a long-term solution if they could get him for the vet minimum why not?

LTH

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Meh.
He averaged ~3 ypc behind a much better line before his release from the Titans.
Not worth the bother for a maybe short-yardage back.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
LTH":373cwg1q said:
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
· 38m
From @MikeGarafolo on NFL Now: Future HOF RB Adrian Peterson is visiting the #Seahawks today. Most recently of the #Titans, Peterson could be back in the NFL, in Seattle this time.

Thats interesting!

LTH

Jesus - literally the only good thing i've heard this season!

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
ddores":1vug7q0l said:
LTH":1vug7q0l said:
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
· 38m

Thats interesting!

LTH

Jesus - literally the only good thing i've heard this season!

Hawks are missing Carson Badly... they just don't have that back that can jam it in there. he is not the long term answer but he might just fill in enough to win some games because that is a big part of the Hawks problem...

LTH

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They are 3-8, only 6 games left. Why not bring him in? This team is painfully bad and somehow forgot how to finish games. Come in on AP. Not like he'll make a difference either way. I have ZERO trust in the play calling on this team, especially on Offense. This team gets dominated in the trenches. No running game = very few wins. Period.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
I'm curious to know what your issues are with the play calling.. I promise I won't call you out...

LTH

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It would take a half an hour. The play calling is a joke. It has been all year.
When they ran the ball 8 straight times up the middle, against the #2 rush defense in the league, that was about as bad as it it gets (Saints game) They don't seem to even know what their identity is, let alone how to use the talent they have on offense.
On that 2 point conversion, why would Waldron not call a fade or a quick out to DK? He was one on one. Instead, he calls a play like it was 3rd and 8. Ridiculous. Waldren has been a disaster, just my opinion. And I know I'm not alone on that, They draft Eskridge, who is now healthy and playing, and they don't even attempt to do the fly sweeps, or quick screen passes. This is just a few examples of how this offense is bad. The O line has been pretty bad too. Brown looks old and injured, the pass blocking is pretty damn bad too. In the trenches, they are getting pushed around. Especially the offense. And again, part of this is on Russ as well. Throwing the long ball instead of taking easy short completions.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":260nsufx said:
It would take a half an hour. The play calling is a joke. It has been all year.
When they ran the ball 8 straight times up the middle, against the #2 rush defense in the league, that was about as bad as it it gets (Saints game) They don't seem to even know what their identity is, let alone how to use the talent they have on offense.
On that 2 point conversion, why would Waldron not call a fade or a quite out to DK? He was one on one. Instead, he calls a play like it was 3rd and 8. Ridiculous. Waldren has been a disaster, just my opinion. And I know I'm not alone on that,

I could answer that, but I don't want to take away your opinion...you entitled to that.

LTH

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Do you not trust DK one on one there? Ask Shaq G. how DK does one on one inside the 5 yard line. He beat Shaq TWICE. Including jumping up high and snatching it up over him. Why draft a guy if you're not going to actually use him?
Are you happy with their adjustments? They don't make adjustments. The offense was PUTRID on Sunday, period. Other than a vintage 2 minute drill by Russ at the end of the game.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":6d3tojd4 said:
Do you not trust DK one on one there? Ask Shaq G. how DK does one on one inside the 5 yard line. He beat Shaq TWICE. Including jumping up high and snatching it up over him. Why draft a guy if you're not going to actually use him?
Are you happy with their adjustments? They don't make adjustments. The offense was PUTRID on Sunday, period. Other than a vintage 2 minute drill by Russ at the end of the game.

I assume you're talking to me? and i assume you're talking about the 2-point conversion.

I can only give you my perception on how I saw it and i'm not sure I'm right. when I looked at the play and I only saw it twice I thought DK was covered... I thought Wilson looked at DK first and then went back to Swain and he was a second late when he threw the ball. But... it's my opinion that the ball sailed on him and went wide right and High. Normally IMO Russ would have threaded the needle on that throw but I think he has some accuracy issues from the injury. Now from my understanding Keasley45 thinks Wilson just plain missed the read with Swain and just blew it...

So I don't think the play call was the issue at least IMO.

I can't tell you why Waldron didn't call a fade to Metcalf because I don't know.

The game against GB when they ran the ball 8 times in a row there were two factors that I saw. One was the weather and the fact they couldn't protect Geno against the GB rush. I think Carroll didn't want to turn the ball over so he chose to impose the Hawks will on the GB D kind of like they did with Pitt. they were in a 3rd and 2 as I remember it and collins got stuffed one yard short of the first down... that's the way I remember it. I think they needed to see if Collins could be effective in that situation, and he proved that he is not. Carson probably would have gotten that first down Marshawn would have gotten that first down. they just don't have the back that can get those tough yards. so, I don't see it as a bad play call...

Just my take

LTH

hoxrox

Reaction score
Could definitely use a short yardage back to jam it in on those 3rd and 2s / 4th and 1s, but is this really the best JS could do?

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
hoxrox":2ut0jj6b said:
Could definitely use a short yardage back to jam it in on those 3rd and 2s / 4th and 1s, but is this really the best JS could do?

for now I guess don't know if they are even going to sign him.

LTH