Rasheem Green

Jville

Reaction score
How did I miss this ????

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/1465512883949867009[/tweet]

................................. he's now in the all time Seahawks records book. :biggthumpup:

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Brooks, Rasheem Green, Darrell Taylor and A Rob have all been good hits by Schneider. Tre Brown is a freak and he'll be better next year when he comes back from injury and prove to be another good pick. I'm not trying to vilify Schneider and place blame on Pete and Wilson but people point to Schneider and he's had above average success outside of the first round.

toffee

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":2ssop9zj said:
Brooks, Rasheem Green, Darrell Taylor and A Rob have all been good hits by Schneider. Tre Brown is a freak and he'll be better next year when he comes back from injury and prove to be another good pick. I'm not trying to vilify Schneider and place blame on Pete and Wilson but people point to Schneider and he's had above average success outside of the first round.
If all of a sudden Penny start having 100 yards games ... These guys might save John and Pete's jobs.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Rat

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":2i23yj1l said:
Brooks, Rasheem Green, Darrell Taylor and A Rob have all been good hits by Schneider.

Green is terrible, Brooks and ARob look just OK, definitely some flashes with those two, Taylor was a very nice pick though.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Rat":oxo09o81 said:
ArlosSpecial":oxo09o81 said:
Brooks, Rasheem Green, Darrell Taylor and A Rob have all been good hits by Schneider.

Green is terrible, Brooks and ARob look just OK, definitely some flashes with those two, Taylor was a very nice pick though.

Dunno if I'd call him outright terrible for a 3rd round investment.

4 years, 10 sacks, 70ish tackles, gets washed frequently, disappears for stretches of games. Sounds more like mediocre.

He's still only 24.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":29kuw957 said:
Brooks looks just OK? We must be watching different games. That was a hell of a draft pick.
Brooks is a very hot and cold player. He jumps off the screen for both the right and wrong reasons. Sometimes he can get overzealous in his pursuit and take himself out of a play. He's not too bad in this regard, he's a net positive on running plays in most cases. In the pass defense though, that is another story. Jordyn Brooks is extremely bad in coverage, he's never in the right position and he's given up a couple of touchdowns this year because of blown coverages that were his responsibility. I wouldn't call him a three down linebacker by any means. His pass coverage is VERY bad. He's definitely a downgrade from KJ Wright.

He's still young though, which means hopefully he has room to grow. He certainly has all of the physical talent he needs to be a fantastic sideline to sideline, rangey linebacker in coverage. Brooks has big potential, it's just a matter of if he cashes in on it.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Actually after a slowish start Green has started to play creditably well for a late 3rd round pick. He now appears physically strong enough too play at a reasonable level and is still very young.

As the thread is about Green i won't comment about the other players.

LTH

Reaction score
toffee":31dz6xww said:
ArlosSpecial":31dz6xww said:
If all of a sudden Penny start having 100 yards games ... These guys might save John and Pete's jobs.

It's coming I think they are bringing him along slowly. maybe some of his hammy problems are coming from that knee injury... Hopefully he gets past that I think he will..

If he does and starts performing again his contract is co9ming up it will be interesting to see how that plays out... I like him always have..

LTH

Rat

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":y4hwmtr5 said:
Brooks looks just OK? We must be watching different games. That was a hell of a draft pick.
I'm willing to consider that I am possibly being harsh on Brooks with that designation. If I am, it's probably because I think his position is rarely a first-round value, and I see it like an early RB: I'll only pull the trigger if he's overwhelmingly the best player on the board. I dont think he's bad though; if I'm ranking the team from worst to best, I'd probably have him like 40th.

Granted, I was calling for Yatur Gross-Matos with that pick, who doesn't appear to have done much of anything for the Panthers so far.

LTH

Reaction score
Rat":1bnifpry said:
SoulfishHawk":1bnifpry said:
I'm willing to consider that I am possibly being harsh on Brooks with that designation. If I am, it's probably because I think his position is rarely a first-round value, and I see it like an early RB: I'll only pull the trigger if he's overwhelmingly the best player on the board. I dont think he's bad though; if I'm ranking the team from worst to best, I'd probably have him like 40th.

Granted, I was calling for Yatur Gross-Matos with that pick, who doesn't appear to have done much of anything for the Panthers so far.

I think I see your point but consider this, since when does JS grade players like anybody else... I think Russ is a perfect example of that.

Thoughts?

LTH

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
I think there is a draft forum elsewhere.

Returning to the topic of Rasheem Green, I like his slow but steady development. He has improved a lot in forcing runs back inside. Rasheem has 3 sacks, 9 QB hits, 3 tackles for loss and 4 passes defended. He fits in well. The one thing I'd like to see him do is double down on developing greater hand strength to finish some of the tackles that got away from him this year. In the case of Rasheem Green, I think the best is yet to come.

And obviously, he has had an impact on special teams. :2thumbs:

AgentDib

Reaction score
The problem with Green, and many of these developmental players, is that their biggest potential value is when they are on that artificially low rookie contract. Green is starting to contribute more and is a good value in 2021 but that coincides with the end of his deal. He will get a decent payday in the offseason from somebody and get paid what he is worth.

Of the players selected in the third round in 2018, Green was the 15th pick and so far has produced about the 26th most. He's more effective than that now due to his development but most of those benefits will go to his next team.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I like Green and like somebody else has already said, his best football is yet to come. He looked great in pre-season and while that didnt hold over into the regular season, I still think he's playing fairly decent.

Elemas

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":hc1j4wf1 said:
SoulfishHawk":hc1j4wf1 said:
Brooks is a very hot and cold player. He jumps off the screen for both the right and wrong reasons. Sometimes he can get overzealous in his pursuit and take himself out of a play. He's not too bad in this regard, he's a net positive on running plays in most cases. In the pass defense though, that is another story. Jordyn Brooks is extremely bad in coverage, he's never in the right position and he's given up a couple of touchdowns this year because of blown coverages that were his responsibility. I wouldn't call him a three down linebacker by any means. His pass coverage is VERY bad. He's definitely a downgrade from KJ Wright.

He's still young though, which means hopefully he has room to grow. He certainly has all of the physical talent he needs to be a fantastic sideline to sideline, rangey linebacker in coverage. Brooks has big potential, it's just a matter of if he cashes in on it.

I agree. Queen definitely isn’t better but, his pass protection is bad. Very bad. Like you said, he’s still young so…there’s time.

Chawker

Reaction score
toffee":33fje5sv said:
ArlosSpecial":33fje5sv said:

WHAT ??? Penny 100 yard game ? LMFAO Thats the funnyest thing I've heard all week long. Santa is real. LOL

Latest posts