Y'all are crazy...

sutz

Reaction score
Pete's going nowhere. Russ is going nowhere. JS is going nowhere. They will all be back next year, and we'll win 12 games.

There, I said it. :242735:

:stirthepot:

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I've come around on this as well, they aren't going anywhere, it was a new offense this year with a ton of shuffling in the secondary and churn at rb position. But, we've found some things out.

I will do you one better and go 13 wins :)

Just maybe JS is a few steps ahead of me and he knew this draft sucks hard at the top?

imnKOgnito

Reaction score
That's how I see it. Add Waldron hitting his stride with Metcalf, Lockett, Everett, Eskridge and a finally healthy Rashad Penny at his disposal, and they're the team we were expecting this year.

Oh, and 60-70 million in cash to spend, if I'm not mistaken. That can buy some needed toys.

LTH

Reaction score
sutz":2t8dlf84 said:
Pete's going nowhere. Russ is going nowhere. JS is going nowhere. They will all be back next year, and we'll win 12 games.

Dang It's about damn Time!! LOL the marines have landed LOL

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
LTH":1qxd51ej said:
sutz":1qxd51ej said:

Dang It's about damn Time!! LOL the marines have landed LOL
Ohh rah! and Semper Fi!

:twisted:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
You may be right sutz, but holy moly is Russell going to try his hardest to get out of Seattle if Pete's back.

While I want Pete gone, I don't think Jody has the stomach to fire Pete before his contract's up. I think she's going to give him a chance to turn things around.

Going to be one hell of a wild off season I can tell you that. Because I'm going to be SHOCKED if Russell doesn't put on a full court press to get traded.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I think destroying the Lions has clouded your vision and impression of how dysfunctional this team is.

Slow offensive starts have been the norm for a while.

The defense has trouble stopping Amon St Brown and he was pretty much the only offense the Lions had other than their offensive line catching touchdowns.

You really take beating the Lions as the reason to want to continue with how the team is comprised of.

You don’t play the Lions 12 times a year.

The off season will come down to typical decisions, who is set to be paid, what free agents are available, how do you proceed with what draft picks you have, is the current makeup of the team something you can see developing into contenders in the future, do you want to free cap space, are the coaches the right people to lead your franchise, are the players worthy enough to keep and extend.

You always take the best win of the season and the worst loss of the season and you throw them out of the equation because the true makeup of your team is always somewhere in between.

Seattle should make significant changes cause like it or not, Seattle isn’t a playoff caliber team with the current setup.

Beating the Lions does not change this.

LTH

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":rbyy9qdn said:
You may be right sutz, but holy moly is Russell going to try his hardest to get out of Seattle if Pete's back.

While I want Pete gone, I don't think Jody has the stomach to fire Pete before his contract's up. I think she's going to give him a chance to turn things around.

Going to be one hell of a wild off season I can tell you that. Because I'm going to be SHOCKED if Russell doesn't put on a full court press to get traded.

Watch JS extend Wilson's contract till the end of Pete's contract then we can talk about how much Wilson wants to be away from Pete... I just don't buy Wilson has a serious issue with Pete...He might get frustrated at times he might even cuss at Pete sometimes but that normal.

You guys have a serious issue with Pete and that's fine... But the media is taking this whole thing for a huge ride, and everybody is buying into it.

If I'm wrong call me a homer... but I don't think I am.

LTH

justafan

Reaction score
I love the call. We have like 15 ufa's and 15 RFA's. I tried looking at that as an opportunity for us to fill holes but the 55 mil kept getting smaller and the holes started looking bigger.

LTH

Reaction score
I'll tell ya what I can see with Wilson leaving. I can see If Ciara wants to be in NY for her career...This to me is a real possibility...I can definitely see her putting pressure on Wilson... as weird as that sounds..

LTH

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Have you seen next seasons schedule? Even if Russ stays and he's healthy Seattle wins 8 games at the most and thats being generous. I dont care who wants to admit it or not, but Seattle is not a good team.

Jville

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2lvie2pz said:
Have you seen next seasons schedule? Even if Russ stays and he's healthy Seattle wins 8 games at the most and thats being generous. I dont care who wants to admit it or not, but Seattle is not a good team.

That's crazy talk. Nobody is crowing about the 2021 results. And there's 32 teams anticipating coaching and player personnel changes prior to the start of the start of the 2022 season.

TAB420

Reaction score
If you think about it, they were a good FG kicker away from a 10-12 win season this year. Get everyone one healthy and spend some of that money in the off season.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
LTH":2s8k4gkf said:
Sgt. Largent":2s8k4gkf said:

Watch JS extend Wilson's contract till the end of Pete's contract then we can talk about how much Wilson wants to be away from Pete... I just don't buy Wilson has a serious issue with Pete...He might get frustrated at times he might even cuss at Pete sometimes but that normal.

You guys have a serious issue with Pete and that's fine... But the media is taking this whole thing for a huge ride, and everybody is buying into it.

If I'm wrong call me a homer... but I don't think I am.

LTH

Oh I believe the first part where if Pete and John stay together they'll try to talk Russell into staying, even with dangling a new contract extension.

It's the part where you tell me Russell wants to stay here and go 8-9 for the next 3-4 years that will take convincing.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
sutz":o3tblfww said:

Well then it will be a new years' miracle. I'm in. It's delusional I 'think' - but I'd be happy if there was still a few miles on this thing.

Now crazy? That's Antonio Brown? Ha! I'm glad that MF is NO WHERE near this team!

My gut tells me Russ is gone - but then again, the Hawks control the cards on that front, and while we have no draft capital - we do have some $.

Who knows? Maybe it'll work out for a bit.

Would be nice. I was just looking at picking up the pieces today and figuring who to root for in the NFC now that the Vikes are out. The eagles? Really.

So, go ahead, bring the band back for 2 more seasons.

Mjolnir

Reaction score
sutz":wl6r8x4i said:

You are frickin' awesome.

Me? I'll entertained no matter what happens. But I think you are more right than wrong here. 8)

chris98251

Reaction score
sutz":3cg7kjwl said:

The misdirection play worked it looks like, we beat the Lions using what we should have had as an offense all season, Pete took his hands off the control and success happened.

Now there is a plenty of Candy in Candy land, let's see next week against a Card team trying to leverage a playoff seeding position against a division rival that would love to knock them back.

That will be a bigger indicator win or lose, how we win and how we lose is going to be a good yardstick on what happens going forward I think.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
chris98251":29u8k3cj said:
sutz":29u8k3cj said:

The misdirection play worked it looks like, we beat the Lions using what we should have had as an offense all season, Pete took his hands off the control and success happened.

Now there is a plenty of Candy in Candy land, let's see next week against a Card team trying to leverage a playoff seeding position against a division rival that would love to knock them back.

That will be a bigger indicator win or lose, how we win and how we lose is going to be a good yardstick on what happens going forward I think.
I won't argue the point that AZ will be a better indicator of where the team is here at the end of the season. We did what we should have done against Detroit, we curbstomped an inferior team. Against Chicago, I still lay a ton of blame on the offense for not controlling the ball and scoring more points. We pile on the D for giving up a last minute score, but fail to admit they were in the 40th minute on the field in that game, following so many games this season where they spent far more time on the field than the O. I don't expect to win TOP every game, but I think we should be within 5 minutes of 30 a lot more often than we were in 2021.

:snack: