Celebrating Positivity!

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DangeRussWilson/status/1477847910125498368[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/1477821887174504452[/tweet]

................................................ There are so many inmates in football forums who are captives of negativity and the pursuit of blame and rumor. I thought it might be healthy for a little break from all that noise.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Jville":3h9nqnx7 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DangeRussWilson/status/1477847910125498368[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/1477821887174504452[/tweet]

................................................ There are so many inmates in football forums who are captives of negativity and the pursuit of blame and rumor. I thought it might be healthy for a little break from all that noise.

It's very hard to argue anything bad about this.

I've said a few negative things about Russ this year - and up against stuff like this I got nothing.

The mercenary might chime in and say it's not football related - but jeez.

I got zero hate for this and lots of love.

sutz

Reaction score
AFAIK he's still visiting Children's Hospital every Tuesday he can.

:2thumbs:

justafan

Reaction score
We have been fortunate. The community is better for it.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It's our jobs as diehards to discuss, debate the minutia of our team but at the end of the day, and always remember, this is just entertainment. What matters is being a good human being and helping others, no matter the act or dollar amount.

John63

Reaction score
Aros":7cgmxhh7 said:
It's our jobs as diehards to discuss, debate the minutia of our team but at the end of the day, and always remember, this is just entertainment. What matters is being a good human being and helping others, no matter the act or dollar amount.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Aros":eq7xy14q said:

Thanks for the reminder of that.

That is some true shit.

Easy to forget in the very divisive couple years we've all had.

Amen.

xray

Reaction score
Positively entertaining , Russ . Worthy of Hard Knocks easily . :D

QuahHawk

Reaction score
If Russ was so truely altruistic then why put it out there last year you want a trade, why take the highest cap number of any NFL player, why have a podcast, why is he always trying to be in the spotlight on social media or social events.

I love what he has done for the community but I belive it is more about being PC to gain fans and look the part than we would like to think.

John63

Reaction score
QuahHawk":m94sl7iz said:
If Russ was so truely altruistic then why put it out there last year you want a trade, why take the highest cap number of any NFL player, why have a podcast, why is he always trying to be in the spotlight on social media or social events.

I love what he has done for the community but I belive it is more about being PC to gain fans and look the part than we would like to think.

Hmm I believe you have just shown yourself to be a despicable person. Who has probably done nothing for anyone but themselves. How pathetic your an administrator.

chris98251

Reaction score
QuahHawk":343x6s59 said:

I lean this way as well, there has been sound bites picked up on the field where Wilson has let's just say sounded more like an athlete and football player then a marketing person, his social contributions regardless of motive however have benefitted many and the community has reaped those rewards whether falsely motivated or true.

His marketing persona however seems and has for years comes off as a disingenuous to many that watch it, he has perfected the say nothing with a lot of words, very Pete Carroll like.

I am sure Ciara's influence and circle has helped propel that significantly, Musicians have to have media presence to remain relevant and get endorsements and appearances after all.

Mizak

Reaction score
John63":1o72oarz said:
QuahHawk":1o72oarz said:

Hmm I believe you have just shown yourself to be a despicable person. Who has probably done nothing for anyone but themselves. How pathetic your an administrator.

Calm down. No one has the time to watch you have a meltdown over a guy who won’t even acknowledge your existence.

toffee

Reaction score
Mizak":378kkp37 said:
John63":378kkp37 said:
QuahHawk":378kkp37 said:

Calm down. No one has the time to watch you have a meltdown over a guy who won’t even acknowledge your existence.

Team Russ at work, got to right every wrong on Mr. Wilson. That being said, J63 is getting increasingly desperate, he used to write long eloquent rebuttals back by stats, now he simply call folks names and attack their value.

TraderGary

Reaction score
Aros":3hpqazmh said:
Well said

Palmegranite

Reaction score
It would be so absurd that Russell Wilson was run out of town on a rail because a common sentiment, expoused by the Seahawks fan site ownership, and others, was:

(I'm paraphrasing)

"Well he seemed kinda fake!"

"No-one's that goodie good!"

"Let's get rid of him!"

RiverDog

Reaction score
Obviously it's a nice gesture that I join in applauding, but you have to be extremely naive if you don't recognize that there are ulterior motives at work in the form of image building, and no one is more image conscious that Russell.

John63

Reaction score
RiverDog":200o3wgi said:
Obviously it's a nice gesture that I join in applauding, but you have to be extremely naive if you don't recognize that there are ulterior motives at work in the form of image building, and no one is more image conscious that Russell.

Okay, prove it? You're so sure he has ulterior motives to prove it?

This is the problem with this whole forum a player can't even do something good without people going into the deepest part of their own self to try to show it is something bad. Says a lot about the people in this forum.

Lawke

Reaction score
Figured a positive thread would get derailed so quickly via weirdness and over the top defending. Also, incredibly sad to see raising and donating millions of dollars to literally change peoples lives for the better be diminished into "a nice gesture".

You dont have to like the dude on the field or off the field (i think he played poorly this year), but yikes at downplaying the good hes done for the community because it wasnt TRULY altruistic enough to meet your standards..

RiverDog

Reaction score
RiverDog":1yxvsg7o said:

John63":1yxvsg7o said:
Okay, prove it? You're so sure he has ulterior motives to prove it?

This is the problem with this whole forum a player can't even do something good without people going into the deepest part of their own self to try to show it is something bad. Says a lot about the people in this forum.

The proof is in his Tweet and the picture of him and that big check. Why do you think he had to make such a big deal of it? Why didn't he write a check and just discretely stick it in the mail like the hundreds of thousands of other people in this country that donate to charity do? When they pass the hat in church, do you ever see someone stand up and say "Hey, man, that's a $20 I just put in there!"

The answer is that Russell wants everybody to see what a great guy he is. There are a lot of people in this country that make 7 figure donations to charity and they do it for a variety of reasons, and they're not all altruistic and they don't all brag about it over Twitter.

There are tangible benefits from making such a large, very public donation, including the tax breaks he'll receive, the increase in sales of his jerseys and other paraphernalia, and the marketability of his name, ie commercials and endorsements. There's also intangible benefits, such as in contract negotiations. He is stroking his considerable fan base that is not going to be very happy if the Hawks management get into a contract dispute with him.

I'm not saying anything bad about it. The part you must have overlooked in my original comment was that it's a very nice gesture for Russell to make that donation and I by no means want to suggest that he's being insincere about it. To the contrary, everything I've ever heard about Russell is that he's a genuine nice guy that truly cares about others. But you'd have to have your head stuck in the sand if you didn't recognize the fact that there's more to a donation like that than a simple act of charity.