Will Pete be fired after today?

• Yes

Votes: 11 10.0%
  • No

Votes: 99 90.0%

• Total voters

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Just read a report on ESPN that Seattle is not trading Wilson. Does this mean Carroll us going? Or are we just looking at more of the same next year?

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I wish there was an option of “No but he should be”

scutterhawk

Reaction score
With all the firings going on around the League? not only no, but > HELL NO <

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I don't think it's the right thing to do at this moment, but it's worrying me how possible it feels.

I'm leaning yes more than I was before.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Yeah let’s have him coaching into his 80s so we can have a dementia case on our hands worse than the president.

How is this even a question?

Yes, the time is now. Peteball cannot win anymore. It’s over. Fin.

Jville

Reaction score
All those fabricated stories were pure rope a dope fiction. LOL

But there is such a thirsty crowd, I expect more rope a dope fiction headed our way ..... very soon.

nwHawk

Reaction score
No, but I do think the media is trying to force him to retire.

seabowl

Reaction score
More possible that RW goes. IF it’s true and Haeks say they aren’t trading RW, they they just might be trying to drum up demand and increase his trade price. It all psychological games at this point.

NJlargent

Reaction score
Optimus25":esnm04zf said:
Yeah let’s have him coaching into his 80s so we can have a dementia case on our hands worse than the president.

The question is not whether he should be fired, but whether we think he will be fired. I don’t think he will because I think both the media and ownership are soft and the fan base is tolerant. After we win 6 next year (if Russ stays) then I think his firing might be a little more imminent . Although I want him gone tonight.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Optimus25":3jdth6at said:

WOW, Trump has "dementia"? that explains A LOT. :roll:
IF Jody Allen is entertaining the idea of canning Pete, she'd better have some Sure Fire Hot handed Coach at the ready...I'm betting she don't.

toffee

Reaction score
If you were Jody:

1. Are there any customer pressure to change Pete? Although enough 12s want Pete out, but not enough to force a move.
2. Has the team suck enough? OK, this is a bad season after a drought of super bowl appearance since '14. Even this year's suck team, we were in most games, with a few lucky swings, we could be playoff bound.
3. When the team hasn't suck enough and no overwhelming fan demand for change, should you waste tens of million committed to Pete?
4. Do you dislike Pete? You did gave Pete that long extension after Paul, so you at least liked him enough at one point.
5. OK, you don't care about those tens of millions, and you just wanted Pete out. Do you have a sure fire replacement? For every Belichick who replaced Pete in NE, there are dozens of Kotite, who replaced Pete in NYJ. If you replaced Pete with a Kotite like candidate, all 12s' hate will be on you.

What do you think?

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
I voted no, because I doubt he gets fired, but I think he steps down.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I vote no.

I've put 'some' thought into it, and just from a high level type thing - not 'oh jesus, he should have told bevell to go for it on 4th and 2 in the vikings game from 4 seasons ago'.

I see Pete much like BWagz. I think both have earned the right to playout their finishes with the Hawks on their own terms. Lots of people (including me occasionally) pissing on Pete's head. BUT. I think this season could have easily won 4 more games. Particularly the OT games.

I DO NOT SEE THAT PETE HAS LOST THE TEAM. I thought that he had earlier in the season. To my thinking - as long as he hasn't lost the team, and he has a plan (even if it seems to be hidden well) - he gets to stay.

I thought, and continue to think that Russ has been pushing his own fing agenda since he's gotten paid. I think that's part of the problem.

Aside from throwing his phone charger/handwarmer or whatever instead of the challenge flag a few games ago - I don't think he's 'addled'.

There are only a handful of people that have brought this franchise an Owl. Pete, Wagner, and Russ are the 3 people (even with Russ throwing a tantrum occasionally) have the street cred to end their term however they want in my opinion.

That's just me. Let him stay.

I'm sure 66% of the remaining people want all three gone and to pull a Belichick on them and the rest of the team.

And I've thought that myself this season a couple of times ;)

Optimus25

Reaction score
scutterhawk":31vnudmk said:
Optimus25":31vnudmk said:

WOW, Trump has "dementia"? that explains A LOT. :roll:
IF Jody Allen is entertaining the idea of canning Pete, she'd better have some Sure Fire Hot handed Coach at the ready...I'm betting she don't.

I’m glad you recognize him as worthy to still claim the term as the current admin does not.

Why does she need to some exceptional hire waiting in the wings? Pete has clearly proven this team is incapable of winning without superior drafting and we’ve sold the farm already. If we suffer through any more stale PC years it’s only delaying the possibility of a rebuild.

You don’t need to have Bellichick in the stable, just someone with a different vision to take over and get a feel for what change feels like. Then you can swing for the fences and either build around him or go big. But there’s certainly no logic in its either a big hire or nothing.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I think Pete Carroll gets one more year, but with a caveat. I think there is significant pressure put on him and his seat next season becomes significantly warmer. I think he's going to have to win at least one playoff game to keep his job.

I personally think that they need to limit his responsibilities. Cut him off from GM duties and have him focus on coaching. We did it to Holmgren and I think Carroll has earned a shorter leash much like Holmgren did. Maybe send JS packing and send in someone with no affiliation with Carroll.

Jville

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that Pete won't consider a contract extension before February of 2025. :p

sutz

Reaction score
Jville":3ii800xj said:
All those fabricated stories were pure rope a dope fiction. LOL

But there is such a thirsty crowd, I expect more rope a dope fiction headed our way ..... very soon.
Yeah, an early start to the silly season. :twisted:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You mean like the last 2 off seasons when we heard "Russ is gone" or "Russ wants to be traded" etc?
Only to see him under center in Seattle as always. Here comes another off season of people eating up every story that comes out. Nom Nom........

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
I don’t want him to be fired. I’d rather he resign though, in good graces and walking away from Seattle as one of its best coaches. However if he refuses to step down then Ms. Allen needs to pull the plug.