Eskridge: 64 total yards as a rookie

ivotuk

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":17fhm6fm said:
Yes, injuries happen. But it was a BS pick over Creed.

Another PC fail. At least so far ...

I'm with you on this one. They outsmarted themselves again.

I think Eskeridge will be good next year, but man could we have used Creed.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1bk41t9r said:
Hopefully he can step to that wr3 spot but he has a P-Rich 2.0 feel...
I sure get the P-Rich comparison...

I'm hoping we get year 2 production out of Eskridge. His body looks more built to withstand the rigors of the NFL, compared to P-Rich.

But yeah, Creed Humphrey woulda been nice to have.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
P-Rich won us a playoff game.

Was pivotal in a few other wins too.

Eskridge has come nowhere near P-Rich territory at this point.

Not his fault he was picked where he was but he was a luxury pick when we had holes to fill elsewhere.

OP
OP
J

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I imagine with 5 games left on his rookie deal he may start playing like a real football player. Then everyone can call it a great pick.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Ahhhh since we can't clown on the Penny pick anymore we need fresh meat.... :D

Own The West

Reaction score
We've been very unlucky with our top picks. Every one since Thomas has gotten injured in preseason.

olyfan63

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3fbhnjof said:

Not his fault he was picked where he was but he was a luxury pick when we had holes to fill elsewhere.
I liked P-Rich as a player, it was just that he seemed to be always injured and unavailable. He did develop chemistry with Russell, for those few times he was on the field.

So what you're saying then, is that Eskridge has 3 more full seasons to equal P-Rich's rookie contract final tally of 5 games where we actually know he's on the field. Except now Eskridge has closed the gap to 4 more games, since he already had the 1 game where the caught a TD pass and a nice 1st down catch and we could tell he was on the field.

OK, seriously now, it seems that NFL WR is a job that takes a lot of guys 2+ years to really wrap their heads around and excel. Doug Baldwin and Tyler Lockett are outliers. More typical is Golden Tate, who did *nothing* in his first 2 years, then had a really nice last 2 seasons of his rookie contract.

Eskridge finally got on the field, and had a handful of decent plays. If Eskridge does nothing in the 2nd half of year 2, then we can start worrying. I can't argue that he may have been a luxury pick compared to our need to have legit NFL O-Linemen.

I think it's a whole separate discussion on drafting strategy, and factoring "Expected rookie contract player impact" into the equation. For a WR, typically there are 2 years of actual significant contribution. (my guesstimate) For an OL, let's say 3 years of significant contribution, and if the OL contributes as a rookie, that's a nice bonus. Thus draft strategy would be to value a good OL prospect higher because of the 3-seasons-out-of-4 expected contribution on cheap rookie contract.

Elemas

Reaction score
This pick may have not looked as bad but when you consider Creed and Myers we’re available…

I was hoping for Myers. A bit biased as I’ve watched him since his sophomore year in HS (same city & schools as my sons).

Anyways, not feeling the pick.

misfit

Reaction score
Add on that Creed is the highest rated center in the whole NFL makes this much more painful

Elemas

Reaction score
misfit":pew73xn8 said:
Add on that Creed is the highest rated center in the whole NFL makes this much more painful

No doubt. Myers, sans injury, would’ve been right up there too. Double whammy…

LTH

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2qxfd4fu said:

I don't have an issue with Pocic at this point.... I think he is playing well

LTH

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
LTH":1qjynlfo said:
TwistedHusky":1qjynlfo said:

I don't have an issue with Pocic at this point.... I think he is playing well

LTH

He is adequate when they could have had outstanding. Its frustrating knowing the position was a glaring weakness.

seabowl

Reaction score
Just to add more insult, Creed’s PFF this year is 87.6. Ouch

RiverDog

Reaction score
Yes, injuries happen. But it was a BS pick over Creed.

Another PC fail. At least so far ...
I agree, and it was another example of Pete not putting enough emphasis on the offensive line and one of the main reasons why I was on the fire Pete bandwagon at the end of last season. However, he seems to have self-corrected with our 2022 draft.