Everyone's Coming Back to Run it Back

W

Welshers

Pete, Russ, the whole crew. This team was a couple plays from the playoffs. An injury screwed them over. But at the end of the day they were a very good team. Everyone is coming back and we're going to make a run at the SB next year

LTH

Reaction score
Amazing at how much better this team is than their record

OP
OP
W

Welshers

LTH":hunll211 said:
Amazing at how much better this team is than their record
My thoughts exactly. Bad refereeing, injuries, multiple OT losses. This team caught every bad break there was to catch. People act like they are a horrible team when they were never really blown out by anyone this year. They will be back strong next year, book it.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Not according to the great Bill Parcells:

"You are what your record says you are."

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
This team is very similar to the 12-4 team last year... but that's the problem.

We got to 12-4 by catching every break there was and winning every close game. Now we've lost all of them. But the issue is, that 12-4 team got embarassed in the playoffs.

This team, had we made it, would have gotten likely embarassed in the playoffs. If our goal is to just be a one-and-done playoff team by hoping every FG and ref call goes our way, sure, we could probably run it back, but is that the extent of what we want?

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Welshers":1t4u66ug said:
Pete, Russ, the whole crew. This team was a couple plays from the playoffs. An injury screwed them over. But at the end of the day they were a very good team. Everyone is coming back and we're going to make a run at the SB next year
By that same logic the Seahawks were a few plays from missing the playoffs in 2020. It goes both ways, our record is what it is.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
So in the big picture of things...were you entertained this year with this team. Most teams were not. Most fans were not. Some fans were. Some need adjustment. Some will or not like it. I am on the fence. I was entertained by a loss with Washington Redskins but there was an issue with that loss that is my issue. I had fun watching some of the games. So you need to determine if it was worth the time or not. It is your life...................until.

:irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers:

Good luck in your decisions.

keasley45

Reaction score
If the run blocking is what it's been this year, and Penny can stay healthy, everything else being equal, it would be the difference between our potential next year, and where we've ended up the last two years.

keasley45

Reaction score
I absolutely LOVE C Carson, but Peterson has obviously stuck his foot up Penny's ass and he's a different dude now. He's added enough of the quick burst that Chris has and brought with it the shiftiness and homerun speed that makes him hard to stop.

keasley45

Reaction score
Fingers crossed Russ sees the potential the offense has and chooses facilitating what Waldron brings instead of the MVP chase.

He looked good today.

evergreen

Reaction score
I was through with Wilson when he was sucking. He’s looked like vintage Russ the last few games. Imagine a run threat for him. Yeah boom. I wanted to see how we played against good team. Az would’ve won the division and a home playoff game had they won. We were stout. Lots of pressure on Kyler. And Penny. Wow. He’s for real. He was doing that right before his acl too. And he did it against a playoff team. We did suffer some bad breaks too. And questionable calls. That fumble in Green Bay. Against the Rams. Maybe get a better kicker. And a stud pass rusher. And a left tackle and….

James in PA

Reaction score
You can be anti-Pete, anti-Russ, anti both, or in favor of bringing them both back. The truth of the matter is (to use a Russ line), The Seahawks have some very difficult decisions to make. These last two games didn't make things any easier. Pete + Russ are winners. This was just a down year with some back breaks along the way. We could do a lot worse than these 2. Yet, nothing this organization has done in recent years gives me confidence that they will get back to another SB with these 2. The best answer I have: let's hope Russ finally accepts the fact that he is an above average game manager, but cannot be "the man." If winning is truly the most important thing to Russ, he must realize that we have to get back to the same formula we used in his early years. Otherwise it will just be more of the same.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
James in PA":25gl2naf said:
If winning is truly the most important thing to Russ, he must realize that we have to get back to the same formula we used in his early years. Otherwise it will just be more of the same.

The early years formula was relying on a historically great defense and a RB that led the league in yards after contact. The team has neither now. How is Russ suppose to realize something that is impossible to replicate at the present?

WmHBonney

Reaction score
We have a chance to go out and get a REAL DC. Vic Fangio is available. He is a fantastic DC. Get him here yesterday!

toffee

Reaction score
keasley45":vcgczinj said:
I absolutely LOVE C Carson, but Peterson has obviously stuck his foot up Penny's ass and he's a different dude now. He's added enough of the quick burst that Chris has and brought with it the shiftiness and homerun speed that makes him hard to stop.

I am pleasantly surprised that all the injury and surgeries didn't slow Penny down, or he has slowed down but still faster than most RBs. If he played like this in his first two seasons with Carson backing him up, our record could be very different.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2eckxgoq said:
Not according to the great Bill Parcells:

"You are what your record says you are."

The team with a healthy Wilson, and a productive Penny, was not 7-10

At the end of the day it doesnt matter, but to say the final product was similar to the mid year team is nonsense

The team that played today would be capable of playing with anybody in the NFC

Sac

Reaction score
James in PA":12a9d0an said:
let's hope Russ finally accepts the fact that he is an above average game manager, but cannot be "the man." If winning is truly the most important thing to Russ, he must realize that we have to get back to the same formula we used in his early years. Otherwise it will just be more of the same.

Uh, Russ is the winningest QB through his first ten years ever. He also has the second most TDs through a QBs first ten years ever. He just passed Unitas and Moon on the All Time list this game for TDs.

He's the very definition of "The Man."