Will Russell Wilson be here next year?

BigBill1945

Reaction score
That seems to be the big question all of the NFL announcers. This was front and center even on Sunday night football pregame. I think it is theater and something to incite a controversy. I do not have any inside info but I do not see him moving.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Russell sure helped his value with his showings these last couple games. Or, more precisely, Penny and the OL and Waldron sure helped Russell perform well these last couple games.

I'd be OK with Russell staying, or going, if we get amazing trade value for him. If he stays, I just want him and the O to be on the same page running the Waldron offense, and for Russell to learn and grow.

Maybe Waldron figured out how to scheme defenses out of the looks that confuse and stymie Russell; certainly Penny's emergence is a huge factor. If Waldron can keep Russell operating within his areas of QB SuperPowers, the future looks good.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
olyfan63":3o0ruh3k said:
Russell sure helped his value with his showings these last couple games. Or, more precisely, Penny and the OL and Waldron sure helped Russell perform well these last couple games.

I'd be OK with Russell staying, or going, if we get amazing trade value for him. If he stays, I just want him and the O to be on the same page running the Waldron offense, and for Russell to learn and grow.

Maybe Waldron figured out how to scheme defenses out of the looks that confuse and stymie Russell; certainly Penny's emergence is a huge factor. If Waldron can keep Russell operating within his areas of QB SuperPowers, the future looks good.
I just think that Wilson is not a field general type of QB. He has clear limitations as a player and we haven't been operating within those confines. He's never going to take over a game to the same level that Brady, Rodgers or Manning were/are. The way they're able to operate at the LOS and manipulate the opposing defense, and throw guys open will well placed timing routes is something Wilson has never been able to do consistently.

Wilson is a game manager and that is okay. If we structure our offense a little like Tennessee does I think our offense would be very formidable. The let Russ cook thing needs to die, he's just another piece of the puzzle. Good QB, but needs specific situations to succeed, especially with his body that is slowing down.

John63

Reaction score
olyfan63":1tq3wqfj said:

As long as they can figure out the best way for Wilson to cover up the wholes in this team without having to do it all by himself it should be fine., In other words, like all the other Elite Qbs have.

The last 2 games seem like they are starting to figure it out.

chris98251

Reaction score
John63":9r25bhac said:
olyfan63":9r25bhac said:

As long as they can figure out the best way for Wilson to cover up the wholes in this team without having to do it all by himself it should be fine., In other words, like all the other Elite Qbs have.

Bullshit, they had it figured out game one, Pete is a control freak, he changed the last few games out of desperation and allowed the offense to work thru Waldron and his game plan not Petes Game plan and limitations. I will also say game one or two next year Pete goes back to what Pete does, control, he can't help it. Pete saved his job the last two games by allowing Waldron to do his job.

John63

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":1iza1cru said:
olyfan63":1iza1cru said:

I just think that Wilson is not a field general type of QB. He has clear limitations as a player and we haven't been operating within those confines. He's never going to take over a game to the same level that Brady, Rodgers or Manning were/are. The way they're able to operate at the LOS and manipulate the opposing defense, and throw guys open will well placed timing routes is something Wilson has never been able to do consistently.

Wilson is a game manager and that is okay. If we structure our offense a little like Tennessee does I think our offense would be very formidable. The let Russ cook thing needs to die, he's just another piece of the puzzle. Good QB, but needs specific situations to succeed, especially with his body that is slowing down.

how soon we forget the KC game, the Pitt game from just a few years ago_Or pretty much any game where we had little to no run game at al. amazing how people forget. or ignore it.

Hmm

let see

825 of total yards, 97% of total tds, the highest percentage by any QB ever and 9-7 and only 3 missed FGs from being 12-4 in a year where your QB is the leading rusher and your defense is in the bottom 3rd in the league.

I would say that proves he can. but you see when the other Elite Qbs have to do that much they have losing seasons.

Any of you who truly things Wilson is nothing but a game manager are doing so with a short memory or sheer spite. Game managers don't lead the league in OT and 4th Qtr come back wins.

Alot of you say the Tenn QB is a game managers lets look a that.

Tenn Qb
17 games, 3734 yards, 6.9 ypa, 65 comppl%, 21 tds 14 ints, 86 Passer rating. None in the top 10

Hmm interesting lets compare

Wilson
14 games, 3113 yards, 7.7 ypa, 66% complt, 25 tds, 6 ints, Top 10 in ypa, tds, td/int, passer rating

now a couple of other QB with no names
17 games 4839 yards, 7.4 ypa, 66 complt%, 37 tds, 12 ints, 98 passer

17 games 4990 yards, 7.3 ypa, 40 tds, 12 ints, passer 100

Hmm interesting every Qb has a run game avg over 4 ypc. So they all have a run game

interesting

all have defenses that are top 10 in points.

hmm
mow keep in mid every Qb avg more attempts per game than Wilson as well.

John63

Reaction score
chris98251":2d0cc9qv said:
John63":2d0cc9qv said:
olyfan63":2d0cc9qv said:

$h!t, they had it figured out game one, Pete is a control freak, he changed the last few games out of desperation and allowed the offense to work thru Waldron and his game plan not Petes Game plan and limitations. I will also say game one or two next year Pete goes back to what Pete does, control, he can't help it. Pete saved his job the last two games by allowing Waldron to do his job.

this^^^^

John63

Reaction score
chris98251":1zupxrgt said:
John63":1zupxrgt said:
olyfan63":1zupxrgt said:

$h!t, they had it figured out game one, Pete is a control freak, he changed the last few games out of desperation and allowed the offense to work thru Waldron and his game plan not Petes Game plan and limitations. I will also say game one or two next year Pete goes back to what Pete does, control, he can't help it. Pete saved his job the last two games by allowing Waldron to do his job.

this^^^^

Jville

Reaction score
There is no shortage of conspiracy theories at dot net.

But I have read better fiction.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
John63":347u6chq said:
olyfan63":347u6chq said:

Holes? You mean the 14 Arizona points that Russ was responsible for with his fumble and interception? The guy made two huge mistakes today, stats be damned.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
John63":37vph3jn said:
Spin Doctor":37vph3jn said:
olyfan63":37vph3jn said:

how soon we forget the KC game, the Pitt game from just a few years ago_Or pretty much any game where we had little to no run game at al. amazing how people forget. or ignore it.

Hmm

let see

825 of total yards, 97% of total tds, the highest percentage by any QB ever and 9-7 and only 3 missed FGs from being 12-4 in a year where your QB is the leading rusher and your defense is in the bottom 3rd in the league.

I would say that proves he can. but you see when the other Elite Qbs have to do that much they have losing seasons.

Any of you who truly things Wilson is nothing but a game manager are doing so with a short memory or sheer spite. Game managers don't lead the league in OT and 4th Qtr come back wins.

Alot of you say the Tenn QB is a game managers lets look a that.

Tenn Qb
17 games, 3734 yards, 6.9 ypa, 65 comppl%, 21 tds 14 ints, 86 Passer rating. None in the top 10

Hmm interesting lets compare

Wilson
14 games, 3113 yards, 7.7 ypa, 66% complt, 25 tds, 6 ints, Top 10 in ypa, tds, td/int, passer rating

now a couple of other QB with no names
17 games 4839 yards, 7.4 ypa, 66 complt%, 37 tds, 12 ints, 98 passer

17 games 4990 yards, 7.3 ypa, 40 tds, 12 ints, passer 100

Hmm interesting every Qb has a run game avg over 4 ypc. So they all have a run game

interesting
No
all have defenses that are top 10 in points.

hmm
mow keep in mid every Qb avg more attempts per game than Wilson as well.

This is a Seahawks forum, you can't use logic and facts in here .

toffee

Reaction score
WmHBonney":2zpe7twq said:
John63":2zpe7twq said:
olyfan63":2zpe7twq said:

Holes? You mean the 14 Arizona points that Russ was responsible for with his fumble and interception? The guy made two huge mistakes today, stats be damned.

We would have blew the Cards away if wouldn't for those two, heck, Geno might even see the field if wouldn't for those two.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
I've been hot and cold on Russ this season and for good reason he's played badly at times . Rushed himself back into the lineup when he clearly wasn't healthy yet. That said he's a great QB . Will he be back yes he will why Seattle as alot of money to spend this off season they have found some answers on the o-line and Russ is going to want to put great film out there going into a contract year. Changing teams adds alot of variables and unkowns to that equation.