I'm actually proud for the first time this season

Tokadub

Reaction score
Well I predicted we would go 7-10 this season on this forum but, not like this... I'm very genuinely confused about this entire experience.

Is it as simple as we didn't start the right Offensive Line Men?

I don't think so but that might be a big contributing factor.

It looked like our guys were playing even harder than usual. I would say their effort throughout the season was acceptable but tonight was a different beast, our whole defense was swarming and our offense was going beyond 100%, it looked like they were playing in the Super Bowl or something.

I'm very confused why this didn't happen earlier. The way we are playing right now we might have been able to make it to at least the Conference finals, I wouldn't expect to beat Green Bay at home but...

So I guess the big question is, why did it take till week 18 to figure it out??? Next season if Pete is still here we need to put the best players on the field from the start.

Why did our Defensive Line all the sudden start actually kicking ass? I'm not anything close to a Defensive Line expert, I focus much more on secondary and the offense. Maybe someone knows why we looked like a top 5 Defensive Line tonight? If it was only effort I'm very confused what happened this season.

But at least I can say I'm proud of the team for the first time this season. That means a lot to me.

EDIT: Oh I forgot to mention that Russell had a kind of random strip fumble at the start of the game, the kind of play that broke Peyton Manning in the Super Bowl.

Wilson also had 1 really bad throw that floated for an ugly interception...

But it didn't even seem to phase us one bit... I just wish they could of figured this out before the Green Bay Game.

Maybe figure it out before Wilson got injured because that play call might of been different... butterfly effect.

chris98251

Reaction score
Tokadub":278kkem8 said:

It looked like our guys were playing even harder than usual. I would say their effort throughout the season was acceptable but tonight was a different beast, our whole defense was swarming and our offense was going beyond 100%, it looked like they were playing in the Super Bowl or something.

I'm very confused why this didn't happen earlier. The way we are playing right now we might have been able to make it to at least the Conference finals, I wouldn't expect to beat Green Bay at home but...

So I guess the big question is, why did it take till week 18 to figure it out??? Next season if Pete is still here we need to put the best players on the field from the start.

Why did our Defensive Line all the sudden start actually kicking ass? I'm not anything close to a Defensive Line expert, I focus much more on secondary and the offense. Maybe someone knows why we looked like a top 5 Defensive Line tonight? If it was only effort I'm very confused what happened this season.

But at least I can say I'm proud of the team for the first time this season. That means a lot to me.

EDIT: Oh I forgot to mention that Russell had a kind of random strip fumble at the start of the game, the kind of play that broke Peyton Manning in the Super Bowl.

But it didn't even seem to phase us one bit... I just wish they could of figured this out before the Green Bay Game.

Maybe figure it out before Wilson got injured because that play call might of been different... butterfly effect.

We had the answer the first game on offense, Pete being the control freak stopped Waldron from doing his job and drawing up his game plans, it is obvious, out of desperation Pete gave that back to Waldron the last few weeks, I also think he allowed a more attack defense then bend defense, again desperation. Pete is a control freak, he was saving his job and the job of others that work for him, he is loyal to his subordinates to a fault. Sadly, I expect a return to some of the same issues if he is saved next season.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
chris98251":2pz5vmn5 said:
Tokadub":2pz5vmn5 said:

We had the answer the first game on offense, Pete being the control freak stopped Waldron from doing his job and drawing up his game plans, it is obvious, out of desperation Pete gave that back to Waldron the last few weeks, I also think he allowed a more attack defense then bend defense, again desperation. Pete is a control freak, he was saving his job and the job of others that work for him, he is loyal to his subordinates to a fault. Sadly, I expect a return to some of the same issues if he is saved next season.
It always seems to happen. I fully expect a slow start next season and some of the same issues to creep up.

LTH

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":247txa13 said:
chris98251":247txa13 said:
Tokadub":247txa13 said:

It always seems to happen. I fully expect a slow start next season and some of the same issues to creep up.

Still nobody understands Carrolls process... this is the way it happens every year except most years they are competitive for the playoffs and or the division. It's NOT how they start it's how they finish... thats always been a Pete Carroll thing and it always will be.

This is a very well coached ball club and anybody who can't see that doesn't know football period! I would go into it further only I'm not going to WAIST my time as people just don't get it.

LTH

chris98251

Reaction score
LTH":6io1h27m said:
Spin Doctor":6io1h27m said:
chris98251":6io1h27m said:
Tokadub":6io1h27m said:

Still nobody understands Carrolls process... this is the way it happens every year except most years they are competitive for the playoffs and or the division. It's NOT how they start it's how they finish... thats always been a Pete Carroll thing and it always will be.

This is a very well coached ball club and anybody who can't see that doesn't know football period! I would go into it further only I'm not going to WAIST my time as people just don't get it.

LTH

Getting it, backing in and hoping for other teams to lose to get a wild card is not progress, that competitiveness is style of our team to give the defense game control not dictate the game like we did in the LOB years and get turnovers and quick scores.

There is a difference and many here seen the decline and brought up how we got there. Attrition and a few injuries swung the pendulum to the other side of that style this season while the attrition continued. Petes control over everything contributed more rather than let his fix in Waldron do his job with game plans and execution after game 1 where we seen what could have been there all season.

Pete is like a Chef; he plans a menu but rather than let his under chefs do their job wants to slice the meat and add ingredients himself rather than trust them to do their job.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
LTH":2ldu0blf said:

LTH

Only you get it buddy. Only you.

Optimus25

Reaction score
LTH":2kr4vz1s said:
Spin Doctor":2kr4vz1s said:
chris98251":2kr4vz1s said:
Tokadub":2kr4vz1s said:

LTH

Very well coached team my left nut. A decade with Russell Wilson and we still can’t coach him to not take critical sacks and to get the ball out. Multiple years with the biggest baddest receiver in the league and minimal usage constantly. A virtual deliberate effort to not throw him short quick ‘box out’ routes to establish a rhythm, and instead relentlessly try to pound the rock with a washed up Alex Collins. That’s not good coaching.

Pete ball is dead as a door nail.

Loved the win today as much as anybody for sentimental reasons but if you want anything even close to super bowl aspirations again pete can’t leave soon enough.

Jville

Reaction score
LOL ............ There will always be those who don't get what a process is and consists of.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Homer or not, I'm proud of the team too. They could have folded. Zero give up in that team. Yesterday just reminded us what they are capable of doing.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Jville":12gsmt4d said:
LOL ............ There will always be those who don't get what a process is and consists of.

What exactly is the process again?