I know…the last 4 years..but

Elemas

Reaction score
You gotta resign Penny.

Perhaps we’re seeing what Pete and John knew all along.

This dude has big play potential on every…single…touch. I never thought he could be a #1 back. Gladly eating those words and pulling my foot out of my mouth.

AP as an assistant RB coach…Resign Penny.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Talent isn't the question. Durability is. And, if it's truly AP that made a difference, then absolutely keep him around in some capacity.

OP
OP
E

Elemas

Reaction score
WmHBonney":33qw6jxg said:
Talent isn't the question. Durability is. And, if it's truly AP that made a difference, then absolutely keep him around in some capacity.

Totally agree. But, I can’t see not signing him out of fear of injury.

Optimus25

Reaction score
What he’s willing to sign for is the question. Look at the 9ers. They found quality in the 6th round. Didn’t we get Carson around there too? Not like resigning Penny makes or breaks much if we just target the right guy somewhere mid rounds.

We can’t build a championship team over paying stars and mid level talents. We need great value somewhere and RB is probably the best place to start the hunt.

GaiusMarius

Reaction score
Let him hit free agency. If he can be had for a lower cost (with performance incentives), great! If not, good luck!

sutz

Reaction score
Someone will give him $4-5 mill over 4 years. Might as well be us.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I don't think that you need to sign the Peny To me, the biggest story was the offensive line. They were opening up some massive holes, some like I haven't seen since 2005. Curhan and Jackson in particular were really putting the hurt down on defenses. Penny certainly was doing good -- but above all else what the late season surge in the run game said is; stop cheaping out on the offensive line. Penny played good for sure, but I'm sure a lot of backs could get a decent performance out of that line, the way they were playing.