AD and his influence on Penny

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I'd be really interested to know how bringing in Peterson has affected Penny in such a potentially positive way. A coincidence or is this guy a must hire for the coaching staff?

Thoughts?

chris98251

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":2kmwphj7 said:
I'd be really interested to know how bringing in Peterson has affected Penny in such a potentially positive way. A coincidence or is this guy a must hire for the coaching staff?

Thoughts?

He has been asked by Pete but declined at this point, probably feels he has something left in the tank, also displaying his work ethic and training regimens as a player and on game day may not translate as well, but you don't know until it's been tried. I think resigning him as depth and let him do his thing might be an option however.

RiverDog

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":2s3x9jeh said:

Thoughts?

There's a good chance that there would be significant public blow back due to his past history of child abuse:

Peterson was suspended in 2014 after being charged with felony child abuse for using a switch to spank his then-4-year-old son. It resulted in cuts and bruises all over the boy's body, including his buttocks and scrotum.

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/child-abu ... d=59352482

chris98251

Reaction score
RiverDog":ktjhjcp6 said:
UK_Seahawk":ktjhjcp6 said:

Thoughts?

There's a good chance that there would be significant public blow back due to his past history of child abuse:

Peterson was suspended in 2014 after being charged with felony child abuse for using a switch to spank his then-4-year-old son. It resulted in cuts and bruises all over the boy's body, including his buttocks and scrotum.

Went a bit too far granted but spanking is not child abuse if you are not beating them.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
What was the biggest influence in Penny's resurgence? Was it AD or a new contract? Regardless, Seattle needs to tread lightly going forward with him.

RiverDog

Reaction score
chris98251":1zllf62q said:
RiverDog":1zllf62q said:
UK_Seahawk":1zllf62q said:

Thoughts?

Went a bit too far granted but spanking is not child abuse if you are not beating them.

He took a plea agreement and plead no contest to misdemeanor reckless assault, likely because he or his lawyer didn't like his chances in front of a jury as he could very well have ended up behind bars had they taken it to trial. IMO if you're whipping your kid's balls, it's child abuse.

olyfan63

Reaction score
RiverDog":3e41kbzu said:
UK_Seahawk":3e41kbzu said:

Thoughts?

So many of you are underestimating the power of corporal punishment, or at least the threat of it, for *adult* NFL players. I'm kinda thinking AP for "Run Game Coordinator" so he is over the O-Line as well as the RBs.

I mean, if you know, as a RB, that you'll get your butt and balls whipped raw if you miss the cutback lane, or as an OL you whiff on a key block, wouldn't that inspire and motivate you to perform better? Wouldn't you feel grateful if on this screwup it was just a verbal scolding instead of an ass-and-balls-whipping?

Seriously, if AP can get the RBs or linemen over his knee, I say #1) let the whipping begin, #2) If it's a lineman, skip the whipping, cut that lineman, he's too weak for the NFL, #3) If it's a RB he gets over his knee, that RB deserves every lash until he breaks that tackle, and #4) AP has a serious big-money rasslin future in UFC or WWE. Oh yeah, #5, keep AP the hell away from Tyler Lockett, but maybe give DK some RB reps with AP coaching, and sell tickets for that clash of the titans.

Even more seriously, AP seems to have had a positive effect on things here. Let's keep him around in whatever way we can. I have 3 kids but the only one I had to spank more than a couple times was my butt-headed defiant son. But never in anger, and only as a pre-decided consequence for certain behaviors. AP got emotional and carried away and what he did was clearly child abuse. I'd bet AP has learned his lesson from the 2014 situation, been through counseling and parenting classes, and is a changed man in that regard. Let's give AP room to grow and change and improve with regard to that sad chapter of his past. I bet he's being effective as a mentor in the RB room *because of* his growth since that incident.

RiverDog

Reaction score
olyfan63":3h8w8dts said:
Even more seriously, AP seems to have had a positive effect on things here. Let's keep him around in whatever way we can. I have 3 kids but the only one I had to spank more than a couple times was my butt-headed defiant son. But never in anger, and only as a pre-decided consequence for certain behaviors. AP got emotional and carried away and what he did was clearly child abuse. I'd bet AP has learned his lesson from the 2014 situation, been through counseling and parenting classes, and is a changed man in that regard. Let's give AP room to grow and change and improve with regard to that sad chapter of his past. I bet he's being effective as a mentor in the RB room *because of* his growth since that incident.

Spanking was common when I was growing up. As a matter of fact, us boys used to get 'hacks'...bend over and grab your ankles was the command...from male teachers in junior high if we got out of line. Personally, I don't object to corporal punishment so long as it's within certain parameters, and what Peterson did to his 4 year old child was way over the line.

I'm not objecting to hiring AP. IMO what he did was quite some time ago, it's the only strike on his resume, and I'm personally willing to forgive him for his mistake. My point is that there is very likely to be a lot of blow back from many in the public if we hire him full time. Plus if Pete hangs onto his job, he's not likely to want to rock his boat any further by making a controversial hire.

chris98251

Reaction score
RiverDog":5mjnjgca said:
olyfan63":5mjnjgca said:

Spanking was common when I was growing up. As a matter of fact, us boys used to get 'hacks'...bend over and grab your ankles was the command...from male teachers in junior high if we got out of line. Personally, I don't object to corporal punishment so long as it's within certain parameters, and what Peterson did to his 4 year old child was way over the line.

I'm not objecting to hiring AP. IMO what he did was quite some time ago, it's the only strike on his resume, and I'm personally willing to forgive him for his mistake. My point is that there is very likely to be a lot of blow back from many in the public if we hire him full time. Plus if Pete hangs onto his job, he's not likely to want to rock his boat any further by making a controversial hire.

You are the first person to bring this up that I have seen, I don't think it's an issue.

WarHawks

Reaction score
chris98251":3qa3s34g said:
RiverDog":3qa3s34g said:
olyfan63":3qa3s34g said:

You are the first person to bring this up that I have seen, I don't think it's an issue.

+1

olyfan63

Reaction score
chris98251":cvhkr4b9 said:

Does seem to be a PR issue. I think it's a legit conversation to have, and if Pete decides to bring AP into coaching, I'd expect Pete to be asked about it at a presser, and Pete should be prepared with a sincere and forthcoming answer, "...we looked into that, and what we found was... ...and it's not an issue going forward because..."

P.S. Yup, spanking common in my youth also. Hot wheels tracks across the back of the legs were the worst, belt 2nd worst. Got one swat at school in 6th grade for being in wrong place at wrong time on playground, guilt by proximity, unjust at time, but I survived.

Elemas

Reaction score
I don’t agree with the degree of spanking that caused the welts on his son.

But, it appears he’s paid his debt/dues and has been forgiven as he’s still in the NFL. People change…

Also, Pete allows him to run for us but wouldn’t let him on staff because that would be a bad look? Lololololol..,sure.

Elemas

Reaction score
olyfan63":3f7wlwb2 said:
chris98251":3f7wlwb2 said:

Does seem to be a PR issue. I think it's a legit conversation to have, and if Pete decides to bring AP into coaching, I'd expect Pete to be asked about it at a presser, and Pete should be prepared with a sincere and forthcoming answer, "...we looked into that, and what we found was... ...and it's not an issue going forward because..."

P.S. Yup, spanking common in my youth also. Hot wheels tracks across the back of the legs were the worst, belt 2nd worst. Got one swat at school in 6th grade for being in wrong place at wrong time on playground, guilt by proximity, unjust at time, but I survived.

Paddles with holes in them was my bane. Asst Principal wore my ass out one time.

toffee

Reaction score
chris98251":35kzwypw said:
RiverDog":35kzwypw said:
UK_Seahawk":35kzwypw said:

Thoughts?

Spanking was an acceptable method of teaching at some point not that long ago, our parents' general or grandparents'? I think folks over 60 may have experienced or witness spanking in their childhood, some of those developed a longing for that in bedrooms during their adulthood.

John63

Reaction score
From everything I have seen, heard, and read AD has had a huge impact on not just Penny but all the RBs.

Latest posts