Pete Carroll is amazing

Tical21

Reaction score
For a proud franchise that is so used to winning - to finish so strongly and manage to treat a meaningless week 18 game like a playoff game...the rarity of this is vastly underrated.

I don't know what it will mean going forward, but that is a helluva coaching job.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Team improves when Wilson gets healthy and Penny finally starts running with some purpose, but Pete Carroll is amazing. Lol. Only time he ever amazed me was when he openly admitted to not understanding what other teams did to beat him.

chris98251

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3iarg7lu said:
Team improves when Wilson gets healthy and Penny finally starts running with some purpose, but Pete Carroll is amazing. Lol. Only time he ever amazed me was when he openly admitted to not understanding what other teams did to beat him.

Well the highlighted and him saying he wasn't sure how to fix a losing trend.

These tidbits would be what as a operations person working for Jody I would bring to the meeting and ask Pete to explain how that can happen as the Head Coach and President.

LTH

Reaction score
Tical21":ap337j9e said:
For a proud franchise that is so used to winning - to finish so strongly and manage to treat a meaningless week 18 game like a playoff game...the rarity of this is vastly underrated.

I don't know what it will mean going forward, but that is a helluva coaching job.

I agree it was a great job of coaching in several different areas with several different coaches on this team...

LTH

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
The team was scratching and clawing to hang on to long shot playoff hopes early as it was looking dismal yet not a single guy packed it up and quit.. let alone after any chance of post season was dashed. Frustrated as next with coaching decisions when not adapting and falling back into same scheme’s or lack there of to capitalize on our strengths but not one player packed it up. That says quite a bit for Pete. Russ had some rough times and dealt with first time having an injury to sideline him. Maybe came back early but anyone thinking just wanted out he wouldnt have pushed to get back or ran for tds in AZ in a meaningless game in AZ…he has nothing to “audition” for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xray

Reaction score
Tical21":rz3itzq4 said:

^
This shows why .NET needs a homer forum . Let the slobbering begin . :D

Reaction score
Tical21":y4yvs4uu said:

I agree. There is absolutely no quit on a Pete Carroll coached team.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Never mind the Seahawks, what about the Jags?

By that logic that Jags must be sitting pretty!

Imagine what an incredible job their coach did. They also won in a meaningless game against a team that needed a playoff win. What a showing by their head coach. They beat a team that had to win that game to go into the playoffs. One of the more dangerous in the AFC that had to have that game to go to the playoffs.

Tremendous job of motivation by Carroll and whoever is coaching the Jags now.

Sure you could say that the Cards have been on the downslope recently.

Or that a literal hallmark of an aging ineffective coach is suddenly popping up with one or two meaningless wins once the season is over (go look at how Levy was doing before he retired). The concept of suddenly playing better or coaching better when there is literally no pressure even has a nickname, it is so common.

But what an amazing future the Jags and Seahawks have next season after the coaching win in that last meaningless game.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I don't think most of us ever questioned Pete's leadership abilities, or culture building, or the amazing job he's done at building this franchise.

It's the X's and O's, personnel, drafting, scheme, etc that a lot of us would like to see him now have a diminished role in. Or not be involved with at all.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Tical21":2g9y0khm said:

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Quitters quit.
I mean, the Stealers have their yellow "Terrible Towels", maybe for this Seahawks Fandom, we can push to get some Seafoam green "Crying Towels"
Has it occurred to anyone that maybe the players were playing for their pride, only to have a bunch of snivelers totally not give a $hit?

justafan

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":ic6yw1ti said:
I don't think most of us ever questioned Pete's leadership abilities, or culture building, or the amazing job he's done at building this franchise.

It's the X's and O's, personnel, drafting, scheme, etc that a lot of us would like to see him now have a diminished role in. Or not be involved with at all.

My biggest problem is talent and the draft. But I think the problem is too much collaboration between the GM and coaches. I dont think Pete is the iron handed ruler making all the decisions. At the end of the day he is the one to blame because that was the responsibility he wanted. I think too many times they listened to people like Cable, Bevell, Schotty or whoever with nobody being held responsible for the choices except Pete. Thats the problem with their office with no walls policy they talk about, everyone has input but who do you blame. We know JS made the trade and pick for DK but who wanted Collier or a another WR last year. I think JS is a bigger problem than most but Pete catches all the blame, thats a pretty good gig for JS.

I would like the GM and scouting dept. to have the autonomy to make all the draft picks. Then we know without a doubt who is the responsible. Right now we are all guessing who does what on the drafting and talent acquisition. I doubt Pete would fire or replace JS, it seems they have a strong relationship.

I do agree with the OP. I think Pete is a amazing coach. I think he has done more with less than many of the other coaches talked about here,

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
justafan":quk187kn said:
I do agree with the OP. I think Pete is a amazing coach. I think he has done more with less than many of the other coaches talked about here,

This is where I wholeheartedly disagree. If you pitted the exact same team against each other, I feel the Carroll coached team would lose against the majority of the other coaches in the NFL. I think he's awful as an X and O's coach. Pete needs the utmost talent to succeed in my opinion. I think a bunch of coaches would have gotten more out of Seattles early Pete Carroll roster than he did. God bless him for putting it together, but leading them,,,,

scutterhawk

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3dg5zopm said:
justafan":3dg5zopm said:

This is where I wholeheartedly disagree. If you pitted the exact same team against each other, I feel the Carroll coached team would lose against the majority of the other coaches in the NFL. I think he's awful as an X and O's coach. Pete needs the utmost talent to succeed in my opinion. I think a bunch of coaches would have gotten more out of Seattles early Pete Carroll roster than he did. God bless him for putting it together, but leading them,,,,
With an all beat to hell Offense for most the season, his Coaching style beat the 49rs TWICE, & split with a supposedly superior Cardinals team.
Pete haters are gonna keep on hating & I don't care :17:

justafan

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":vl8l680d said:
justafan":vl8l680d said:

And I am ok with that. We all have opinions. I would pay to see Pete or any coach who has had his success go one on one at a white board with fans who think they know Xs and Os. I dont know your level of knowledge or intelligence and Im not judging that or anyones but the man has spent 50 years of devoting his life to coaching. It would be be like challenging DK to a 100 yrd dash.

How good would Petes Xs and Os be with Donald, Ramsey, Lloyd, Gaines, Von Miller and Williams be? We would probably have a top 5 D. We would be a playoff team. Would Mcvay be a genius with Hyder, Mone,Taylor, Brown and Jones? Maybe a 500 team. Talent trumps Xs and Os. Did Norton outcoach Dingleberry with Xs and Os in AZ last week or did the players just outplay theirs. All the pro coaches have schemes that work if you have the players with talent and intelligence to pull them off.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3coyit0d said:
pittpnthrs":3coyit0d said:
justafan":3coyit0d said:

With an all beat to hell Offense for most the season, his Coaching style beat the 49rs TWICE, & split with a supposedly superior Cardinals team.
Pete haters are gonna keep on hating & I don't care :17:

Is that really that impressive? Seattle beats the Niners all the time. The Niners beat the Rams all the time. The Rams beat Seattle all the time. Its just the way the football Gods have it drawn up. Sprinkle in some Cardinal games that can go either way and thats the NFC West. I wouldnt consider that a coaching epiphany. I would say thats a normal season.

taylorvon29

Reaction score
Trolled the entire forum...yall deserve it

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

jeremiah

Reaction score
DJ_CJ":300bfze4 said:
The team was scratching and clawing to hang on to long shot playoff hopes early as it was looking dismal yet not a single guy packed it up and quit.. let alone after any chance of post season was dashed. Frustrated as next with coaching decisions when not adapting and falling back into same scheme’s or lack there of to capitalize on our strengths but not one player packed it up. That says quite a bit for Pete. Russ had some rough times and dealt with first time having an injury to sideline him. Maybe came back early but anyone thinking just wanted out he wouldnt have pushed to get back or ran for tds in AZ in a meaningless game in AZ…he has nothing to “audition” for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What you saw at the end of the year, was the players rallying. They were not likely playing to keep the HC around, they were playing for pride. In my opinion, they were finishing out the string as a "goodbye present" to the coaching staff. Imagine how shocked they are that this 71 year old man is going to still coach them. I remember the Buffalo Bills coach, Marv Levy I think, took multiple iterations of the team to the Super Bowl. He was finished at a certain age, which I believe was younger than PC. There comes a time when you cut bait, that time IS NOW.

As an older man myself, I can tell you that there is a tendency to go ALL IN to win, on the football front by making moves a young coach doesn't make. You know that this is likely your last hurrah, so you gamble and WILDLY overpay for a Safety, giving up QB type of compensation in draft capital, and $$$$'s. There is no long term planning, as Pete is likely planning for his first heart attack, or a stroke. It is very likely to happen, the odds are in the favor of it.

The way to continue building this team is through the draft, player acquisition, and finding the next QB. Even SF moved on from Montana, the Pats moved on from Brady and the Packers moved on from Favre. This team needs a plan to do that. Russ is not finished yet, but he is damn close. When HIS wheels come off, as they are now, he will be a sitting duck and an I N T machine.

jeremiah

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1e27232d said:
justafan":1e27232d said:

I could not agree more.....

John63

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1pqlmdu8 said:

This^^^^