Next Seasons Schedule

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I just looked at next seasons schedule, and I was wrong. Its not nearly as hard as I thought it was originally. Besides conference teams, the home schedule is a cream puff. The away games are the ones that are brutal. Lets see.

Home-
Cards
Rams
Niners
Falcons
Panthers
Broncos
Raiders
Jets
Giants

Away-
Cards
Rams
Niners
Chiefs
Chargers
Saints
Tampa
Lions

Team will probably have 9-10 wins next season

sutz

Reaction score
Well, that's what a last place schedule does for you. :twisted:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Also, this has become a pretty good road team. But yeah, that road schedule is brutal.
Get back to an actual HFA, and they have a real shot at good record. Way too early to predict, but I could see 11-6 happening, 10-7 probably more realistic. But, gotta' see how the off season, draft and FA plays out.
I'm glad they had the extra road game this year, turned out a lot better. 9 at home will be pretty sweet. And better yet, just ONE home pre-season game.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Jets and Giants at home is pretty sweet.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Considering how they have been playing at home last couple of seasons, I wouldn't call any of the non division home games easy wins either. Losing to the Bears at home this season is proof of that.

However, it's way too early to predict what happens next season.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hoping for another New Orleans road trip. Of all the road games I've been to, that was maybe the most fun we ever had.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":181gzopm said:
Hoping for another New Orleans road trip. Of all the road games I've been to, that was maybe the most fun we ever had.

Ditto!! Easily my favorite away game (not including the 11/1/99 MNF game at Lambeau Field, Holmgren's first return back to GB and we stomped them)...I fell in love with New Orleans! The people, the vibe, the music, the food...Sign me up again!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hoping it all lines up to go see a major college game on Saturday. Last time, a friend of ours went to the LSU game, said it was insane. New Orleans is def. a week long trip. If it doesn't line up, maybe do Tampa Bay.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
If they are requiring a shot to get in......the NFL can go to hell. I will not take an EXPERIMENTAL DRUG for anyone.

I like New Orleans. But SCREW IT IF I HAVE TO TAKE AWAY MY RIGHTS FOR A FOOTBALL GAME.
Good luck sheep.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Split the divisional rival games and I can see 12 wins realistic.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":3am8j9ei said:
If they are requiring a shot to get in......the NFL can go to hell. I will not take an EXPERIMENTAL DRUG for anyone.

I like New Orleans. But SCREW IT IF I HAVE TO TAKE AWAY MY RIGHTS FOR A FOOTBALL GAME.
Good luck sheep.

Is trump bad to you now? Sheep

WarHawks

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":240ivv62 said:

Good luck sheep.

Uh, literally BILLIONS of people have taken it, with no ill effects. Good grief. The idiocy never stops. Talk about a sheep. Wow.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I'm wondering if they are going to schedule us with any international games or if they'll still be reluctant due to the pandemic. I've always felt that one of the motivations for the 17 game schedule is that it creates an opportunity for each club to have a neutral site game in which no team would have to forfeit a home game.

The first NFL game I ever saw in person was an exhibition game in 1970 between the 49'ers and Broncos held in Spokane's Albi Stadium. I would love to see the league take that 17th game and use it for neutral site games in places like Boise, ID, Lincoln, NE, Missoula, MT, Santa Fe, NM, and so on, cities that are some distance from an NFL city, and give those folks a taste of NFL football.

sutz

Reaction score
RiverDog":vv0hi9ac said:
I'm wondering if they are going to schedule us with any international games or if they'll still be reluctant due to the pandemic. I've always felt that one of the motivations for the 17 game schedule is that it creates an opportunity for each club to have a neutral site game in which no team would have to forfeit a home game.

The first NFL game I ever saw in person was an exhibition game in 1970 between the 49'ers and Broncos held in Spokane's Albi Stadium. I would love to see the league take that 17th game and use it for neutral site games in places like Boise, ID, Lincoln, NE, Missoula, MT, Santa Fe, NM, and so on, cities that are some distance from an NFL city, and give those folks a taste of NFL football.
That's actually not a bad idea. I like it, though there may not be enough revenue to attract the suits at NFL HQ.

RiverDog

Reaction score
sutz":1qpvw1z2 said:
RiverDog":1qpvw1z2 said:

That's actually not a bad idea. I like it, though there may not be enough revenue to attract the suits at NFL HQ.

Only a small portion of the league's revenue comes from in the stadium attendance, so they might be able to justify it by their ability to generate more interest in these fringe markets. Besides, a lot of teams have seen a dip in attendance. I was at the Hawks-Jags game this season and there were a lot of empty seats. Hold the same game in Salt Lake City and they'd pack the place.

Beren

Reaction score
A worse Giants team (QB'd by Colt McCoy) beat a Pete Carroll Seahawks team not too recently.

Wouldn't start counting those chickens yet. Pete Carroll can get us playing down to anyone's level.

Gotta keep it tight until the fourth quarter after all. No blowouts for us, no siree.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
A tread about the schedule, some good talk about it..........then someone turns it in to anti vax, screw the NFL talk.
Typical.......

RiverDog

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":fjdfz2e8 said:
A tread about the schedule, some good talk about it..........then someone turns it in to anti vax, screw the NFL talk.
Typical.......

Which is why I tried to turn it back to topic. That's one of the reasons why I'm a hit-or-miss poster in here, too many people diverting good discussions or getting into giant pissing contests.

So, with that in mind, what do you think about my suggestion for the 17th game, ie international games and domestic neutral fields?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That's a tough one. I can kind of see both sides to adding that extra game as an international game etc. But it also adds a lot of travel. And some teams travel enough as it is. Some games up in Canada would be cool though. This weekend's games were kind of disappointing overall, and I think there will be a lot of talk about how adding that 7th playoff team will water it down etc.
One year sample, but hopefully next year the games are a little better in that first round.

RiverDog

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":hq1195lg said:
That's a tough one. I can kind of see both sides to adding that extra game as an international game etc. But it also adds a lot of travel. And some teams travel enough as it is. Some games up in Canada would be cool though. This weekend's games were kind of disappointing overall, and I think there will be a lot of talk about how adding that 7th playoff team will water it down etc.

One year sample, but hopefully next year the games are a little better in that first round.

IMO travel isn't a consideration. If anything, it would even it out some. Jacksonville plays a game across the pond every year, we've played over there just once. Every team would have 9 road or travel games.

Having a few games in Canada is a great suggestion except that there aren't many stadiums with seating capacities of 50,000+, which I would think would be a minimum requirement. But there are a couple, including Vancouver, Edmonton, and Toronto. Honolulu is also an option. Who wouldn't jump at a chance to go watch the Hawks in Hawaii in November?

There would be 16 games per season that would need to be scheduled at either an international venue, of which there are a lot of candidates with 50,000+ seat stadiums, like Tokyo and Seoul, South Korea, or domestic neutral fields like Oklahoma City or Birmingham. That doesn't seem like an insurmountable problem. They could alternate responsibility for scheduling, with each team having to schedule one game at a neutral/international site every two years.

Agreed about the 14 playoff teams. Nearly half of the teams making the playoffs is absurd. Both #7 seeds, Philly and Pittsburgh, lost badly. They didn't deserve to be there.