Pete Stays, according Gregg Bell

toffee

Reaction score
A league source who would know the upshot of the end-of-season meeting of Pete Carroll, John Schneider and Jody Allen folks are hyperventilating over tells me “I’m not authorized to comment.” No surprise: Seahawks status remains quo. Take a walk. Adopt a dog. Enjoy your weekend

https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status ... 71169?s=20

There’s also some simple math involved. Carroll signed a five-year extension in November of 2020. Firing him at this point would cost the team an eight-figure buyout. Unless he said or did something problematic on a Jon Gruden or Urban Meyer type level he was never going to get canned unless his team totally failed on the field. Things may have gone differently if Seattle had lost to lowly Detroit as well as Arizona but the team finished the 2021 season on a strong note and it certainly sounds like most of the players want to run it back.

Nobody coaches forever, but restless fans who want to see a change are going to have to wait a few more years.

https://sports.yahoo.com/pete-carroll-m ... 19903.html

Msfann

Reaction score
I can live with Pete staying but I sure hope we see some dramatic changes in this off season to fix things. I know its still early but the first thing I do when I come to this forum is to check to see if Norton has been let go yet.

If this team wants to win multiple subpar blows with Wilson then they have got to be serious and quit dicking around because the clock is ticking. Right now they are spinning their wheels sliding toward mediocrity . Do they want to be elite or fade away?

massari

Reaction score
It's going to be fun watching Wilson win the MVP playing in New Orleans or whatever team he waives the NTC for

IndyHawk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":midlg8v4 said:
Donn2390":midlg8v4 said:
GREAT NEWS...!!
:irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :2thumbs:
:0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l:

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I think they should have at least taken away his GM privileges. Honestly, the length of that extension was idiotic given his age at the time.

I don't know why you guys are so excited about this.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":3lqu4stw said:
I think they should have at least taken away his GM privileges. Honestly, the length of that extension was idiotic given his age at the time.

May be those folks remember Jim Mora Jr. And Rich Kotite?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

LTH

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":3i2iezp4 said:

I think they should have just pissed in his cheerios and sent the bitch packing... come on now! LMAO!!

LTH

Beren

Reaction score
Easy to read between the lines that PC is staying.

I'm now reluctantly in favour of blowing it all up. Wish RW the best in a better set up (having wasted his prime years under Peteball), hope we can get some picks for him which have value beyond the end of PC's tenure rather than watching him walk away for zilch at some point.

I'd also get rid of DK, whose contract will be inflated for PC's successor.

Gutted, next season is a write off, between 4 and 8 wins. A tank for picks type year hopefully.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Beren":3po4ldck said:
Easy to read between the lines that PC is staying.

I'm now reluctantly in favour of blowing it all up. Wish RW the best in a better set up (having wasted his prime years under Peteball), hope we can get some picks for him which have value beyond the end of PC's tenure rather than watching him walk away for zilch at some point.

I'd also get rid of DK, whose contract will be inflated for PC's successor.

Gutted, next season is a write off, between 4 and 8 wins. A tank for picks type year hopefully.
We don't need to trade DK if Wilson leaves, we have cap and picks with Wilson trade.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk