Wilson? Now that Pete stays.

toffee

Reaction score
After annual meeting of Jody Allen and Pete Carroll, Gregg Bell reported that Pete is staying, not fired, still the HC. With that, we could turn our eyes to Russ, will he go and stay? My money on Wilson staying, for two reasons:

1. Demand for Wilson this off-season probably not as hot as last off season, offers for Wilson last off season wasn't overwhelming, an a year older, fresh out of injury Wilson should get even less on trade market? None, if any team will make an offer that Hawks' couldn't resist.

2. The biggest Wilson homer is none other than Pete Carroll, he will do whatever he could to hold on to Wilson.

So like it or not, Wilson shall be back, so will Pete. If football God smiles at us just a bit, we shall be a playoff team next year, heck, we could be in the playoffs now if couple of tight games swung our way. To go deep into playoff, we need help, lots of it. Pete could start with drafting or signing a backup QB with potential to takeover, and ability to push Wilson, making Wilson uncomfortable could be key to making Wilson change.

evergreen

Reaction score
I want that Russell Wilson back. Not the shadow we’ve even watching. Give him a solid run game and watch out!

chris98251

Reaction score
There will be a sense of urgency and desperation this coming season, Wilson will be wanting to set up his next contract and or trade and needs to perform, Pete and John need to correct things, Jody may have been forgiving with one down season on paper, don't think that will continue. There is now a spotlight on Pete, I think they hit a bigger batch of free agents rather than bargain shopping, they will also maybe work the draft harder to get the holes and depth filled.

They will have to sign our own FA's as well, can't start over again like we do every season, need to come out of the gate hot for a change.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Yep, both will stay and next season we will see the same issues. Slow season start on defense, Wilson trying to play hero ball too much, etc etc and we'll wonder why isn't this working...AGAIN.

We're just wasting another year just to end up slightly above-average with the ceiling being another early exit from the playoffs. Call me negative, doom-and-gloom, etc. all you want...but if nothing changes for the better, do you really expect better outcomes?

seabowl

Reaction score
I still think there is a better then 50% chance that RW is traded. Once the season is over and teams start really evaluating their qb situation the market for Wilson will once again get hot. If they get a great offer the Hawks IMO will pull the trigger on the trade.

FYI the best thing that came out of the last few weeks of the season was RW playing better as this brought his trade value up from where it was soon after he came back from injury.

Again IMO RW more likely than not to be traded.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
MyrtleHawk":2q0yxl8p said:
Yep, both will stay and next season we will see the same issues. Slow season start on defense, Wilson trying to play hero ball too much, etc etc and we'll wonder why isn't this working...AGAIN.

We're just wasting another year just to end up slightly above-average with the ceiling being another early exit from the playoffs. Call me negative, doom-and-gloom, etc. all you want...but if nothing changes for the better, do you really expect better outcomes?

Pretty much this

NJlargent

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2shjedor said:
MyrtleHawk":2shjedor said:

Pretty much this

Either Wilson stays and we win 7 or leaves and we win 4 or 5. Id prefer he stays to eliminate the excuses and force the overdue firing of Carroll

hawks85

Reaction score
MyrtleHawk":wmui3n6p said:

Man, I've been saying this for a long while. Wilson is EXTREMELY overrated and isn't a fit for the west coast offense. It doesn't matter who the coaches are. Wilson thinks his backyard QB style is a fit but Waldron's offense exposed Wilson big time. Unless Wilson learns to stay in the god damn pocket take check downs and orchestrate offensive drives, sorry folks same results next year, maybe worse. Wilson lives in his own fantasy world.

John63

Reaction score
MyrtleHawk":2uhyfoom said:

Or and here is a novel concept. They all learned their lesson and what we saw the last 2 game is what we get.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
John63":2dnaxkp2 said:
MyrtleHawk":2dnaxkp2 said:

Or and here is a novel concept. They all learned their lesson and what we saw the last 2 game is what we get.

Last year the defense struggled up until between the last half and last quarter of the season, what changed from them learning their lesson for this past season? Their excuse this past season will be the same excuse for the offense next season.

My main point being, is I'm sick of excuses and bandaids. We're not going anywhere with Carroll having as much control as he does.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Nothing will change.

This team has always had a difficult time starting quickly on offense post Patriots Super Bowl.

The defense cannot play well if they are constantly on the field.

Sure, it’s cool that Brooks and Wagner can get a lot of tackles but that also means they are on defense too long.

There is an imbalance that plagues this team from being able to be consistent.

It’s not enough to beat non playoff teams and this team struggles against playoff teams.

They need to start fast and game plan better but gets out coached alot by other teams.

You cannot expect to succeed that way.

Nothing will change unless Seattle gets elite players on both sides of the ball again.

John63

Reaction score
MyrtleHawk":lo8tdunf said:
John63":lo8tdunf said:
MyrtleHawk":lo8tdunf said:

Last year the defense struggled up until between the last half and last quarter of the season, what changed from them learning their lesson for this past season? Their excuse this past season will be the same excuse for the offense next season.

My main point being, is I'm sick of excuses and bandaids. We're not going anywhere with Carroll having as much control as he does.

I don't disagree totally but as it relates to the offense I was pleased with what I saw the last
2 games. To.me PC needs to fix his defense so the offense does not need to feel like they have to play hero ball as u call it. I have to think there were some provisions put on PC. We will see.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
John63":1nnvvz9p said:
MyrtleHawk":1nnvvz9p said:
John63":1nnvvz9p said:
MyrtleHawk":1nnvvz9p said:

I don't disagree totally but as it relates to the offense I was pleased with what I saw the last
2 games. To.me PC needs to fix his defense so the offense does not need to feel like they have to play hero ball as u call it. I have to think there were some provisions put on PC. We will see.
How do you propose Seattle fixes the defense?

Seattle has two glaring needs on defense: A run stuffer and combination of pass rushers.

They’ve been trying for years to fix their pass rush but nothing has came about with success but only Taylor.

Taylor needs an inside presence for assistance.

A true stuffing DT is what Seattle needs desperately and if they cannot draft one in April they will not sign one via free agency.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":3kdbpp69 said:
A true stuffing DT is what Seattle needs desperately and if they cannot draft one in April they will not sign one via free agency.

They tried with Sheldon Richardson and that didnt work either. Makes you think if its really the players at this point.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":tsleeqk5 said:
Nothing will change unless Seattle gets elite players on both sides of the ball again.

Which isnt going to happen so why is the organization wasting its time with the same regime?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
hawks85":3tg9o9mx said:
Man, I've been saying this for a long while. Wilson is EXTREMELY overrated and isn't a fit for the west coast offense. It doesn't matter who the coaches are. Wilson thinks his backyard QB style is a fit but Waldron's offense exposed Wilson big time. Unless Wilson learns to stay in the god damn pocket take check downs and orchestrate offensive drives, sorry folks same results next year, maybe worse. Wilson lives in his own fantasy world.

That extremely overrated QB is the only thing thats kept that team above water for years now. Go ahead and get a game manager, check down QB and see what happens.

John63

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":122s8b0n said:
John63":122s8b0n said:
MyrtleHawk":122s8b0n said:
John63":122s8b0n said:

Seattle has two glaring needs on defense: A run stuffer and combination of pass rushers.

They’ve been trying for years to fix their pass rush but nothing has came about with success but only Taylor.

U just answered the question on how.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
John63":3ml6yp9r said:
TheLegendOfBoom":3ml6yp9r said:
John63":3ml6yp9r said:
MyrtleHawk":3ml6yp9r said:

U just answered the question on how.
I was asking for your opinion.

That’s how I would fix the defense.