Russell Wilson: Report says he wants to explore options with

chris98251

Reaction score
Ok here we go again, the says and then going to the agent saying is what stirred all this up last year. Which is it Ian Wilson or his Agent ?

seahawksteve

Reaction score
Well, that didn't take long for the Wilson camp to start things post Jody and PC meeting, and PC is staying.

not even out of the WC round and Russell making moves for 2022 season. . . disappointing but not surprising.

Not sure what that REAL problem is between the two, but unfortunately Pete needs Russell and Russell needs the things that PC preaches (i.e running game and strong D) to be effective.

Too bad that there have been too many wasted front moves, trades, etc that have Seattle in the unsettling situation.

hinton

Reaction score
Here's the first of many predictable Wilson camp media campaign updates. Shame really.

In terms of the article RW wants to “put (himself) in a better position to win another championship and create the legacy he sees for himself,” which is more than a little patronising.

I think the team could also fairly say they'd like their franchise QB to perform to the level his perceived legacy requires, and in turn put the team in a better position to win another championship.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Explore options means wants out..if article is true. Hes gonna have to look like the bad guy now though if he in fact wants to go elsewhere.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Denver is a win now team but once November hits Wilson would freeze up...so he wouldn't go there.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
This is a significant piece of the article that was provided in the OP -

"A lot of these reports and the speculation that follows probably can be blamed on Wilson’s agent, Mark Rodgers. Rodgers is an agent who works mostly with baseball players and thinks the NFL works the same way; A player wants out, maybe the team will trade him."

His agent is a father figure to him. I believe is following his agent's advice and because of the agent's relative inexperience with the way the NFL works, this has become a problem.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Here we go with another circus. The double-speak from Russell and his camp is old.

Just get him out of here if this is the new yearly thing. The boy who cried trade act has already worn thin.

Jville

Reaction score
Perhaps it would be helpful to look at this as being along the lines of a staff member or assistant coach talking to other teams about opportunities. Wilson is consistent with Pete's philosophy of being open to all possibilities at the beginning of an annual process. Player agents talk to each other and to teams routinely. It's not something out of the ordinary. It's been going on for years.

These types of articles are nothing more than pumped up opinions and editorials intended to fill in dead space and entertain their subscriber subjects. They are not news.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
Not to say there isn’t tension here.

But I’ve watched this movie before. Getting Jody Allen (who seems committed to status quo) to buy in, Pete Carroll to buy in (at 71), Wilson to sign off and waive his no trade clause, and a team willing to pay Schneider’s price is extremely unlikely. And you have to clear all 4 hurdles to make a trade happen in one of the worst QB drafts I can remember. 2013 (Geno, Matt Barkley, Mike Glennon) bad.

Let’s accept that and try not to argue about this for the next few months.

chris98251

Reaction score
Yxes1122":1zvpd6qk said:
Not to say there isn’t tension here.

But I’ve watched this movie before. Getting Jody Allen (who seems committed to status quo) to buy in, Pete Carroll to buy in (at 71), Wilson to sign off and waive his no trade clause, and a team willing to pay Schneider’s price is extremely unlikely. And you have to clear all 4 hurdles to make a trade happen in one of the worst QB drafts I can remember. 2013 (Geno, Matt Barkley, Mike Glennon) bad.

Let’s accept that and try not to argue about this for the next few months.

Too late, this will go from warm water to boiling the pan dry by the Draft.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Is anyone really surprised? Did everyone really think the whole crew would come back holding hands singing kumbaya?

Wake me up if a trade actually happens.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Why do people keep downplaying this? This is a consistent problem now, not just clickbait crap. He’s sick of the system and style that is stunting him. The franchise chose Pete so Wilson wants to leave and quite frankly I don’t blame him.

justafan

Reaction score
These guys are the ratty little bastards of the sports world. Running around the shadows claiming unnamed sources told them the real scoop. Last week is RW is staying.

Every office or jobsite has people like this who talk shit behind peoples backs, spread garbage and stir up the dust. Except these guys get paid for it. Keep on clickin.

Rat

Reaction score
justafan":2on8luqs said:
These guys are the ratty little bastards of the sports world. Running around the shadows claiming unnamed sources told them the real scoop. Last week is RW is staying.

Every office or jobsite has people like this who talk $h!t behind peoples backs, spread garbage and stir up the dust. Except these guys get paid for it. Keep on clickin.

It's funny, because if the same source was reporting that he wants to stay, it'd be repeated as gospel here. It would be all "See? The clickbait journalists were wrong!".

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Rat":17onjh33 said:
justafan":17onjh33 said:

Every office or jobsite has people like this who talk $h!t behind peoples backs, spread garbage and stir up the dust. Except these guys get paid for it. Keep on clickin.

It's funny, because if the same source was reporting that he wants to stay, it'd be repeated as gospel here. It would be all "See? The clickbait journalists were wrong!".
Very true..people believe what they want. The RW camp cannot grasp that he wants out.

nanomoz

Reaction score
We've seen Russ's last days in a Seahawks uniform. It sucks a whole lot. Having a 70-something-year-old Pete does not make this worth it. Pete's days of winning championships are over. I don't believe Russ's are.

Rappaport is confirming this, for those of you that think this is click bait. This is coming from Russ's agent. If you don't acknowledge it, I feel bad for you. Because you're in denial and living in a world of confirmation bias.

https://www.nfl.com/news/seahawks-qb-ru ... -offseason

massari

Reaction score
Rat":2i956ha2 said:
It's almost like people never listened to Wilson on the Dan Patrick show, or the fact that he gave a list of teams he's waive his NTC for.

iTs oNlY CLiCkbAiT

Yxes1122

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":2iwtjzkz said:
Why do people keep downplaying this? This is a consistent problem now, not just clickbait crap. He’s sick of the system and style that is stunting him. The franchise chose Pete so Wilson wants to leave and quite frankly I don’t blame him.

There’s Russ wanting out, and Russ getting out.

If it’s all about legacy, then a true hold out wastes a year of his prime. If it’s all about where he lands, then the team has to be willing to pay the draft capital. Team isn’t moving on from Pete.

It’s not downplaying. It’s just looking at the reality that Russell Wilson is going to be monumentally hard to move no matter how mad he is.

There is no downside for Wilson’s team to build this narrative as it keeps Russell Wilson’s brand in the spotlight all year round. If Seattle tries to trade him to a bad team, he can veto the trade. If a good situation lands in his lap, good for him. If nothing changes, the national media and fans of bad teams spend an entire offseason talking Russell Wilson. Every tweet will be treated as if it’s a “hint at a trade” (just like his light at the end of the tunnel tweet). Every media appearance will be a big deal.

Russell has a crack PR team. And they are building his brand and controlling the narrative because that’s what they do. It’s not saying there’s no issue, it’s just saying this media blitz isn’t going to result in a trade.

Relax. Keep you #3 Jersey. He’s not going anywhere.