Why wouldn’t RW want to leave?

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Absent some local business relationships why wouldn’t RW want to go? I wouldn’t blame him at all (unlike how I feel about Steve Hutchison)

If you are someone wanting to be a hall of fame QB you want to go to the Super Bowl or at least have a chance. The Seahawks and some here are more than satisfied with just getting to the playoffs. If you want to argue that please point to any actions that point to them giving a crap about getting to the big game.

Joe Burrows and the Bengals have won as many playoff games as the Seahawks in the last 5 years. And may double them up next week. RW can see that.

GaiusMarius

Reaction score
Exactly.

Carroll thinks that we are close.

Wilson does not and he wants more rings.

One more ring equals the Manning Bros. Two more puts him in elite company. And the clock is ticking.

It's that simple. Fans giddy about Carroll (evidently) staying generally are more optimistic on our chances next season. The rest of us are not.

I'll credit Wilson with having a clearer view of management, coaching and the Seahawks' prospects for next season.

nwHawk

Reaction score
If Russ is so worried about winning in the playoffs, or matching Joe Burrow maybe he should improve on the the little things that make a big impact.

At some point Hawk fans will have to ask why wouldn’t we want to trade him. A number of past stud Seahawk players have cast a shadow on Russ. Looks like they were correct in hindsight.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":2fbbcqit said:
Absent some local business relationships why wouldn’t RW want to go? I wouldn’t blame him at all (unlike how I feel about Steve Hutchison)

If you are someone wanting to be a hall of fame QB you want to go to the Super Bowl or at least have a chance. The Seahawks and some here are more than satisfied with just getting to the playoffs. If you want to argue that please point to any actions that point to them giving a crap about getting to the big game.

Joe Burrows and the Bengals have won as many playoff games as the Seahawks in the last 5 years. And may double them up next week. RW can see that.

Well then maybe Russ should play more like Joe Burrow

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":7rwwk4nu said:

With a less talented offensive line, too. Hmm.

Really makes ya think.

John63

Reaction score
I will say it again. We have no quote from Wilson or PC saying this is all hearsay again. Till Wilson or PC says it, it aint real.

OP
OP
J

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
John63":wtottt7i said:
I will say it again. We have no quote from Wilson or PC saying this is all hearsay again. Till Wilson or PC says it, it aint real.

I don’t know whether it is true or not but in all honesty, if it were 100% true would you expect either of those two to say anything? On RWs side that is exactly what an agent is for. Especially to take the bad publicity that may come and to be the fall guy if needed. The team wouldn’t want to weaken its trade position by stating it openly because if teams believed we had no choice but to trade him they wouldn’t offer as much.

IF I was RW and I wanted a shot at the Super Bowl and I thought I would waste another season under PC I would push to get out too. I don’t see this as RW being the bad guy I just see this as a marriage that was hot and heavy at the beginning and then one of the spouses ends up effing things up.

Why would RW want to come back to another years of the issues that PC refuses to fix? We are not going to win more than one playoff game next year and that is even highly unlikely. How do I know this? Years of watching this same shtshow.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Of course I want out if i'm Wilson. Why wouldnt he? Jody and Pete have their meeting and its pretty clear Jody wants to hold on to him as long as she can because she has no plan going forward once he's gone, so Russ has to endure another season of his coaching incompetence. If I were Wilson, I would do whatever it takes to get out of the Groundhog Day organization that is the Seahawks. Its always people crying about Wilson being better and elevating his game instead of actually fixing the shortcomings of the team like stability at the RB position, an improved offensive line, a defense thats worth a damn, and most importantly,,,,coaching.

The people that want to keep Pete Carroll around are more worried about not sucking instead of improving and actually being contenders. If mediocrity is what you strive for, Pete Carroll is your man.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1avur9ma said:
Of course I want out if i'm Wilson. Why wouldnt he? Jody and Pete have their meeting and its pretty clear Jody wants to hold on to him as long as she can because she has no plan going forward once he's gone, so Russ has to endure another season of his coaching incompetence. If I were Wilson, I would do whatever it takes to get out of the Groundhog Day organization that is the Seahawks. Its always people crying about Wilson being better and elevating his game instead of actually fixing the shortcomings of the team like stability at the RB position, an improved offensive line, a defense thats worth a damn, and most importantly,,,,coaching.

The people that want to keep Pete Carroll around are more worried about not sucking instead of improving and actually being contenders. If mediocrity is what you strive for, Pete Carroll is your man.

Who is your audience for this rant?

Are there very many fans that want Pete OVER Russ?

I think most fans that want Russ gone want a clean start all together.

Pete has been great, but I think most here would be ok with a fresh start altogether (if they are clamoring for change at all)

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Hawkpower":d4sb09e5 said:

Are you new here? There's tons of people that would love to get rid of Russ and keep Pete.

BASF

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3lvrkq02 said:
Hawkpower":3lvrkq02 said:

Are you new here? There's tons of people that would love to get rid of Russ and keep Pete.

I can think of maybe two. Who are the others?

12th Dimension

Reaction score
Why does any husband and father do just about anything? For the families welfare, maybe? I’m in the minority here, but Russ leaving for non-football related reasons seems more likely to me than some conspiracy theory about Pete.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score

John63

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1r7jaox5 said:
BASF":1r7jaox5 said:
pittpnthrs":1r7jaox5 said:
Hawkpower":1r7jaox5 said:

Seems like almost half the board feels that way.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=177774

LOL I did a pole and almost half said they would give up the Sb win to get rid of Wilson

Hawkpower

Reaction score
John63":1clwgoj0 said:
pittpnthrs":1clwgoj0 said:
BASF":1clwgoj0 said:
pittpnthrs":1clwgoj0 said:

LOL I did a pole and almost half said they would give up the Sb win to get rid of Wilson

I know you have blinders John, but try to stay on topic

The question at hand is keep Pete but not Russ......Not just get rid of Russ

Plenty of people here want Pete gone too

Hawkpower

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3osk9nfv said:
BASF":3osk9nfv said:
pittpnthrs":3osk9nfv said:
Hawkpower":3osk9nfv said:

Half the board wants to keep Pete but dump Russ???

Cmon man. That's just not reality

Most are either keep it as is, blow it up and start over, or keep Russ fire Pete.

John63

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2ugpozso said:
John63":2ugpozso said:
pittpnthrs":2ugpozso said:
BASF":2ugpozso said:

Actually, the topic is why wouldn't Wilson want to leave not keep PC not Russ. I was replying to the poster before me.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
John63":yzdt14il said:
Hawkpower":yzdt14il said:
John63":yzdt14il said:
pittpnthrs":yzdt14il said:

Actually, the topic is why wouldn't Wilson want to leave not keep PC not Russ. I was replying to the poster before me.

Well you quoted the post where we were discussing which hawk fans prefer, Pete or Russ

So again, either stay on topic, or learn to use the quote feature correctly ;)

getnasty

Reaction score
Why would he want to stay? Probably because Seattle gives him the best chance to win, it's a great organization, he's got good weapons, forcing a trade would look pretty bad on his resume.