Whats next

LTH

Reaction score
They need to KILL this draft. This is the first time in like 9-10 years that the Hawks have had a decent draft position.

I've made this point over and over again how does anybody really expect the Hawks to remain competitive drafting where they draft year after year?

It means that for the last ten or so years 25-27 teams have a chance to draft better players than the Hawks do and so the premise that the Hawks don't draft well even though they have missed on some draft picks is ridiculous in nature because they have still remained competitive even above this handicap. That IS DUE to great coaching with sometimes average players but just unable to get over the top because of this.

There is no argument to refute this. This is just a fact.

You watch if they Kill this draft, even though they don't have a first round pick they are going to be contenders and Pete and john Know this. Watch and see how they nail this draft and watch and see what happens next year. A top ten draft is going to fix everything.

LTH

toffee

Reaction score
One of the problems could be that John and Pete are on one year probation, and Pete is getting quite old. They don't have the luxury time, that and holes on our roster. Therefore drafting the best talent available? no, they have to draft the whatever talent available that matches our needs and ready for 2022.

John has good eyes for QB, I am hoping that he use pick to get a good one in third round, a taller fellow this time please?

keasley45

Reaction score
LTH":2byw2men said:
They need to KILL this draft. This is the first time in like 9-10 years that the Hawks have had a decent draft position.

I've made this point over and over again how does anybody really expect the Hawks to remain competitive drafting where they draft year after year?

It means that for the last ten or so years 25-27 teams have a chance to draft better players than the Hawks do and so the premise that the Hawks don't draft well even though they have missed on some draft picks is ridiculous in nature because they have still remained competitive even above this handicap. That IS DUE to great coaching with sometimes average players but just unable to get over the top because of this.

There is no argument to refute this. This is just a fact.

You watch if they Kill this draft, even though they don't have a first round pick they are going to be contenders and Pete and john Know this. Watch and see how they nail this draft and watch and see what happens next year. A top ten draft is going to fix everything.

LTH

I think they're going to do well too. Contrary to popular belief, although we did have a couple of dark drafts in thr last 7 years, we did well last year with the three picks we had last year, and the year before netted us Brooks and Taylor . The 1st rnd pick of Penny can't be classified as a bust anymore either, really.

I think they continue the positive MOJO this year. Question is whether we go in with the picks we have now or in addition, a number 1 and whatever else we might net if Russ really is expressing interest in wanting out.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
If they move Russ that's when it gets REALLY interesting... I don't see it happening but if it does, my goodness, it creates some very interesting scenarios.

LTH