Kellen Moore as HC

toffee

Reaction score
Folks on dot net still prefer him over old Pete Carroll.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Calling a QB draw at midfield with 14 seconds left and no timeouts? Yeah, sure, let;'s go get THAT guy.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Tusc2000":335nd7ck said:
Calling a QB draw at midfield with 14 seconds left and no timeouts? Yeah, sure, let;'s go get THAT guy.

It might have worked out better if the team didn't shoot themselves in the foot: Dak should've handed the ref the ball immediately after getting up so he could've had at least 2-3 seconds to spike the ball. It was just awful for the whole O Line, blocking the ref the way they did. It might have been an amazing play if it had worked, but that sounds a little too familiar. It came down to one minor detail that was overlooked by the whole team (ref has to spot the ball before it's snapped).

I'm not defending Kellen by any means, just saying.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Tusc2000":1nxxzqe4 said:

MyrtleHawk":1nxxzqe4 said:
It might have worked out better if the team didn't shoot themselves in the foot: Dak should've handed the ref the ball immediately after getting up so he could've had at least 2-3 seconds to spike the ball. It was just awful for the whole O Line, blocking the ref the way they did. It might have been an amazing play if it had worked, but that sounds a little too familiar. It came down to one minor detail that was overlooked by the whole team (ref has to spot the ball before it's snapped).

I'm not defending Kellen by any means, just saying.

That's my take, too. The play call was questionable as with 14 seconds, they had at least two and likely 3 plays left from the 40. But it was Dak and Dak alone that screwed up. You can't blame it on the OL as they were fixated on getting to the LOS and into their 3 points. Dak should have immediately found a ref and gotten the ball to him. Of all people, a veteran NFL QB should know that the ref has to handle the ball before the next play. They constantly practice 2 minute drills so he should be able to go through that routine in his sleep. There's no excuse.

But let's not get fixated on the last play. The odds were no better than 1 in 20 that they score a TD from the 40 yard line with 14 seconds and no timeouts. The Cowboys committed 14 penalties, some just killers, and Dak's completion percentage was just 53%. Not sure I can blame all of that on the OC.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Tusc2000":39ohyhub said:
Who is to say that Kellen Moore even called that play? It very well could've been a McCarthy call.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":3dwjb6w0 said:
Tusc2000":3dwjb6w0 said:
Who is to say that Kellen Moore even called that play? It very well could've been a McCarthy call.

Moore made the call on the QB draw:

According to Michael Silver of NFL.com, Cowboys offensive coordinator Kellen Moore is the one who called the draw. Head coach Mike McCarthy agreed.

https://larrybrownsports.com/football/r ... %20OK%20it.