Don't think PC or JS should be fired

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I know there's alot of annoyance on on here and rightly so. But I think it would be a HUGE mistake and incredibly premature to fire either JS or PC after this year. One bad year does not justify such actions IMO.

Look at the Packers in 2018 (2017 too), they were bad only to rebound in 2019, the Patriots last year were 7-9 and now they are 10-7 this year. Alot can happen in a year. Seattle was starting to find it rhythm at the end of the year.

I think if next year isn't a playoff year then fine, fire them. But to do it after 1 year, especially when your franchise QB goes down for 3 games and your backup is useless. 5 games decided by 3 points or less. It was a tough break season with gads of injuries to some of the best players on the team. I think the staff deserves another chance IMO.

nanomoz

Reaction score
jlwaters1":egyxhqy2 said:
Look at the Packers in 2018 (2017 too), they were bad only to rebound in 2019, the Patriots last year were 7-9 and now they are 10-7 this year. Alot can happen in a year. Seattle was starting to find it rhythm at the end of the year.

This is a case for firing Pete. You realize that the Packers rebounded after firing Mike McCarthy, right?

I want this team to compete for championships. If you think Pete is ever going to coach/build a team of that caliber again, you haven't been watching what I've been watching. During the season and in the off-season. With arguably the best player in franchise history at QB, the Hawks have one playoff win in six years against an 874-year-old backup QB.

Ken Norton, Jr. still has a job, for Chrissakes. The first half of last season and the first half of this season are literally two of the worst stretches of defense in NFL history.

Pete''s not even trying put great/innovative coaches around him. He hires sycophants and family members. It's time to move on.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Premature after 1 playoff win in 5 years? How many more years of horrible post seasons will it take for some of you? LO effing L

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
nanomoz":3de8no06 said:
jlwaters1":3de8no06 said:

This is a case for firing Pete. You realize that the Packers rebounded after firing Mike McCarthy, right?

I want this team to compete for championships. If you think Pete is ever going to coach/build a team of that caliber again, you haven't been watching what I've been watching. During the season and in the off-season. With arguably the best player in franchise history at QB, the Hawks have one playoff win in six years against an 874-year-old backup QB.

Ken Norton, Jr. still has a job, for Chrissakes. The first half of last season and the first half of this season are literally two of the worst stretches of defense in NFL history.

Pete''s not even trying put great/innovative coaches around him. He hires sycophants and family members. It's time to move on.
Aw, come now. Remember 2013? That Super Bowl the team won almost 9 years ago? Argument defeated. :sarcasm_on:

morgulon1

Reaction score
I love hink the fact that people want a Superbowl winning coach fired and HOF quarterback traded
Shows me how little people know and how spoiled these new fans are.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
morgulon1":32b0kfd0 said:
I love hink the fact that people want a Superbowl winning coach fired and HOF quarterback traded

Does that one Super Bowl win almost a decade ago give him a lifetime exemption though? I know it does to a lot of people, but it shouldnt.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
morgulon1":2pb6dn7i said:

:2thumbs: :ditto:

Rat

Reaction score
morgulon1":i6jshmiv said:

:yawn:

I would agree with you if we were getting the 2013-14 version of either of those things, but Russ doesn't have the legs or the contract he had then, and Pete doesn't have an historically-elite defense, nor has he seemed to have adapted tremendously to the current NFL.

If you're going to condescendingly put down other people's opinions, you should offer a solution that doesn't require a time machine.