Our Most valuable tradable players

QuahHawk

Reaction score
It looks like we are running it back with Pete, John, and Russ. Maybe we will see Norton canned and a new DC. We have no first round pick and do have some holes to fill. Tons of trade talk regarding Russ and i'd say consensus is he could fetch us two first rounds picks. Let just say we all agreed that keeping Russ is our best chance to be a playoff team and Super Bowl caliber team. We have to make a move to get better, that move may be done by moving an important piece.

So who do we have that has trade value and what do you think they are worth

DK Metcalf - Two 1's
Darrell Taylor - 1st
Jordan Brooks - 1st
Jamal Adams - 1st
Tyler Lockett - 2nd
Damien Lewis - 3rd
Poona Ford - 4th
Bobby Wagner - 5th
Chris Carson - 5th

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
QuahHawk":1amf1vb4 said:
It looks like we are running it back with Pete, John, and Russ. Maybe we will see Norton canned and a new DC. We have no first round pick and do have some holes to fill. Tons of trade talk regarding Russ and i'd say consensus is he could fetch us two first rounds picks. Let just say we all agreed that keeping Russ is our best chance to be a playoff team and Super Bowl caliber team. We have to make a move to get better, that move may be done by moving an important piece.

DK Metcalf - Two 1's
Darrell Taylor - 1st
Jordan Brooks - 1st
Jamal Adams - 1st
Tyler Lockett - 2nd
Damien Lewis - 3rd
Poona Ford - 4th
Bobby Wagner - 5th
Chris Carson - 5th

No one is trading a first for Darrell Taylor.

Not yet.

John63

Reaction score
QuahHawk":mqpedvt6 said:

DK Metcalf - Two 1's
Darrell Taylor - 1st
Jordan Brooks - 1st
Jamal Adams - 1st
Tyler Lockett - 2nd
Damien Lewis - 3rd
Poona Ford - 4th
Bobby Wagner - 5th
Chris Carson - 5th

well, first you have a few that I do not believe are people we should trade

DK Metcalf - Two 1's NO
Darrell Taylor - 1st
Jordan Brooks - 1st NO
Jamal Adams - 1st
Tyler Lockett - 2nd NO
Damien Lewis - 3rd
Poona Ford - 4th NO
Bobby Wagner - 5th ???
Chris Carson - 5th

The rest pretty much agree but remember if you trade them you need to replace them as well.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Wilson is the most valuable trade piece then Metcalf. No one would give a rd 1 for the rest of any player mentioned so far.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
No one is gonna give up a first for Adams. At very best, and I’m being generous, a 2nd Rounder.

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
If we keep Russ, I say trade DK then. Russ does not get the value out of him.

nutluck

Reaction score
I don't think any one would make those trades other than maybe these three.

DK maybe I think a 1st and 2nd more likely
Locket
Adams maybe but his contract makes that impossible so a moot point

With this said I wouldn't trade DK or Locket, since it looks like the Hawks are running it back both will be needed.

toffee

Reaction score
Our most valued and tradable player is exploring opportunities as he put it, just so he can sacrifice himself for the great good of Seahawks.

Go Hawks.

Spohawks

Reaction score
You will never convince me that which ever teams are selecting 27-32 and are in need of a MLB wouldn't trade their pick for Wagner and his 500 tackles last year. The dude shows no sign of slowing down, he is worth a 1st all day!

nwHawk

Reaction score
QuahHawk":nxfjw9j3 said:

DK Metcalf - Two 1's
Darrell Taylor - 1st
Jordan Brooks - 1st
Jamal Adams - 1st
Tyler Lockett - 2nd
Damien Lewis - 3rd
Poona Ford - 4th
Bobby Wagner - 5th
Chris Carson - 5th

Very, very optimistic.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
QuahHawk":2mm4s19c said:
DK Metcalf - Two 1's
Darrell Taylor - 1st
Jordan Brooks - 1st
Jamal Adams - 1st
Tyler Lockett - 2nd
Damien Lewis - 3rd
Poona Ford - 4th
Bobby Wagner - 5th
Chris Carson - 5th

Even with a rebuild, I'm not sure why you'd trade away a 1st/2nd year rookie that's still on a rookie contract that's playing above a rookie level. That just doesn't make sense to me.

If Russ stays, the only person I see us realistically trading on this list is DK due to him not being utilized as much as HE wants. Even for a 5th I don't believe someone would be willing to accept Wagner's 20 mill pricetag this season. Lockett is not getting traded. Carson is coming off of a major injury (potentially career ending) and I'm not sure anyone would offer a 5th for him. The rest don't really make sense.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You guys are your little childish shots at Russ. So hilarious.
Best part is, when he's under center in Seattle in 2022, you get to whine and moan about him for another season :yawn:
I love how many people hate the guy. He's living rent free in your heads.
It's one thing to criticize a guy, it's very much justified at times. But this constant bashing of the guy, change the record. We get it already.

Chapow

Reaction score
QuahHawk":7lbys8wo said:

Sincerely not trying to be an asshole here, but damn, you literally couldn't be more wrong if you tried. Russ and the Seahawks get exceptional value (and production) out of Metcalf on his current contract.

D.K. Metcalf signed a 4 year, $4,586,050 contract with the Seattle Seahawks, including a $1,355,308 signing bonus, $1,759,308 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $1,146,513. In 2022, Metcalf will earn a base salary of $1,120,371, while carrying a cap hit of $1,459,198 and a dead cap value of $338,827.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-sea ... 4338%2C827.

2019 - 58 receptions, 900 yards, 7 TD's.
2020 - 83 receptions, 1303 yards, 10 TD's.
2021 - 75 receptions, 967 yards, 12 TD's (in a year that Russ missed 3 games and clearly wasn't ready to be back in 3 more).

If Russ is back, and both he and Metcalf stay healthy, we're talking about a guy that is almost certainly going to be in the 80 receptions, 1000+ yards, and double digit TD's range... for a $1.5 mil cap hit. Again, that is exceptional value.

themunn

Reaction score
Why would you any of these players unless:

They're malcontent
Locker room cancer
Contract problems

None of the players above fit that mould. Carson potentially if we decided we were going to cut him and shopped him around first. But that's a low value trade coming off his injury and knowing that we're shopping him for that very reason. You probably get a conditional

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Chapow":21d96ym0 said:
QuahHawk":21d96ym0 said:

Sincerely not trying to be an @$$h0le here, but damn, you literally couldn't be more wrong if you tried. Russ and the Seahawks get exceptional value (and production) out of Metcalf on his current contract.

D.K. Metcalf signed a 4 year, $4,586,050 contract with the Seattle Seahawks, including a $1,355,308 signing bonus, $1,759,308 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $1,146,513. In 2022, Metcalf will earn a base salary of $1,120,371, while carrying a cap hit of $1,459,198 and a dead cap value of $338,827.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-sea ... 4338%2C827.

2019 - 58 receptions, 900 yards, 7 TD's.
2020 - 83 receptions, 1303 yards, 10 TD's.
2021 - 75 receptions, 967 yards, 12 TD's (in a year that Russ missed 3 games and clearly wasn't ready to be back in 3 more).

If Russ is back, and both he and Metcalf stay healthy, we're talking about a guy that is almost certainly going to be in the 80 receptions, 1000+ yards, and double digit TD's range... for a $1.5 mil cap hit. Again, that is exceptional value.

Two things on DK
I didn't mean value as in his price for production, I mean as a team, we do not leverage his value to as much as another organization and QB could. We need to be a run first team. How many Super Bowls did Calvin Johnson Win? TO, Julio, AJ Green, etc. I don't think beast WR's are as important to winning as people like to imagine.

When DK wants $20 mil per year, and we try to Run Russ back out again we are not going to get more wins. I'd take a guy like Bosa, TJ Watt, or another massively disruptive DE than a Beast and Diva WR.

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1uav70sj said:
Thx for posting those numbers, Chapow. That's some damn good production on that rookie deal.

It is great production, and his value is at it's peak. DK and Russ seem like the only two trade chips we have that can get us anything back.

Without DK would we still be a 7-10 Team this year? How about next year when he is a $20mil APY player. Selling high should be on the table.

The point is, how do you get better with no first round picks, and assuming we keep Russ?

Most likely scenarios
Change Coaches
Add Free Agents

chris98251

Reaction score
QuahHawk":2yj0mmdz said:
SoulfishHawk":2yj0mmdz said:
Thx for posting those numbers, Chapow. That's some damn good production on that rookie deal.

It is great production, and his value is at it's peak. DK and Russ seem like the only two trade chips we have that can get us anything back.

Without DK would we still be a 7-10 Team this year? How about next year when he is a $20mil APY player. Selling high should be on the table.

The point is, how do you get better with no first round picks, and assuming we keep Russ?

Most likely scenarios
Change Coaches
Add Free Agents

If you don't keep Russell and need a F.A. Metcalf, Lockett and possibly Penny are pieces that entice top teir F.A. QB's if you don't go full rebuild.

You don't need first round picks, you need good evaluation, first round picks are nice, top ten picks costly to retain and are just as likely to bust. If you have multiple holes a more balanced approach with multiple 2nds and 3rds can replenish a roster fast if the evaluation is sound.