Another type of offense to prepare for

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Largent80":xjsm0upg said:
Carolina runs the option with Newton.

This may not be such a bad thing for the Hawks to defend since we have a very young defense and as everyone knows the option is used extensively in college.

http://seattletimes.com/html/seahawks/2 ... wks06.html
We have two advantages for killing the option: Our defensive ends are good about staying at home on the ends, and our cornerbacks are not the type to be run over by a 245 pound QB.

VHawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":15e5jclg said:
Largent80":15e5jclg said:
Carolina runs the option with Newton.

This may not be such a bad thing for the Hawks to defend since we have a very young defense and as everyone knows the option is used extensively in college.

http://seattletimes.com/html/seahawks/2 ... wks06.html
We have two advantages for killing the option: Our defensive ends are good about staying at home on the ends, and our cornerbacks are not the type to be run over by a 245 pound QB.

Cam has been a little careless with the rock lately,should see some ball hawkin'.

VHawk

Reaction score
There might be some fireworks in store because Steve Smith is a real emotional hot head and our secondary is pretty aggressive.

suppaball

Reaction score
VHawk":304fc5ye said:
There might be some fireworks in store because Steve Smith is a real emotional hot head and our secondary is pretty aggressive.
Any body in our secondary would mop the floor with Steve Smith.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I love your avy, Largent!

Our Hawkaz got this though! I think our defense can pretty much stop anything The Carolina offense tries to throw at them.

The Radish

Reaction score
From my past experience and listening to coachs talk through the years like all offensive moves this one is easy to defend if everyone holds their zone and doesn't get carried away with fakes. Its defended about like an end around. Everyone holds their gaps while the ends and the line backers string the play out to the sideline. By doing that correctly they eliminate the possiblity of the QB turning upfield and forcing the outside player to get clear to the sidelines where he can't advance. If one idiot defender decides he has an easy tackle and breaks containment either the QB or the RB cut right through that gap.

Again the trick is HOLD YOUR GAP!!! DON'T BREAK CONTAINMENT!

I'm glad Kaz isn't playing anymore cause he was terrible at breaking containment and the team would run through the place he just left.

BTW getting everyone to hold their gaps with the amount of young people we have is asking a lot.

:141847_bnono: