PFF breakdown Hawks Panthers nice read on defense

hawksfan515

Reaction score
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... rs-week-5/

it’s time fans recognized Seattle as one of the best defenses in the league.

They also liked Russell Wilson's game, calling it the best the season for him. Richard Sherman got the game ball. In other news, both Brandon Browner and Richard Sherman are ranked in their top 10. That's legit!

The Seahawks’ starting defensive front four is already pretty good in it’s own right, so having Jason Jones and rookie Bruce Irvin available in their substitute packages is simply an embarrassment of riches.

I love hearing that so much.

The Seahawks’ ground defense has been stellar this season, led by the stout inside presence of tackles Brandon Mebane (+12.5 run defense grade) and Alan Branch (+1.6)

Brandon Mebane for all-pro! And for all the people saying Alan Branch is the weak link in our D, no he is NOT. Read this article and be prepared to prove wrong, as Irvin's strip sack is all due to Alan Branch's beastiness.

but the guy that makes this go is #99, Alan Branch.

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2012/10/9/347 ... -execution

Irvin should be thanking the whole D-line for that sack.

And the cherry on top....

– In a microcosm of the game for the Panthers’ offense, Clemons batted down Newton’s pass with 2:03 left in the third quarter, despite the Seahawks having only 10 defenders on the field.

Even with 10 players on the field, our D still dominates.

SmokeyHawk

Reaction score
Nice, why is this the first I've heard/read of us/Clem getting a batdown with 10men on the field? (Might be my attention span, haha)

-SH

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
SmokeyHawk":1zx34vru said:
Nice, why is this the first I've heard/read of us/Clem getting a batdown with 10men on the field? (Might be my attention span, haha)

-SH
First time I heard that too.