we need a shorter and quicker passing attack

Crizilla

Reaction score
its either run the ball or try and go deep in seems. It's really freakin obvious but it's been 7 games and still nothing. Our offense has only scored more than 20 points only 1 time. Bevell needs to be wake up. Have RW throw more rockets for short gains and hurry the offense up

i feel like im a broken record saying this stuff

legend38

Reaction score
Yep,no tempo in this offense.Mr.Mike would be rolling over in his grave.

razor150

Reaction score
The deep ball is meant to keep the defense honest and generate a bit play now and again. It shouldn't be the sole means in which a team advance the ball through the air.

Starrman44

Reaction score
Our qb is already a midget. Guess we need some shorter receivers...

bad humor, just getting the low hanging fruit. I am a huge Wilson fan and I do think we need to get some rhythm in our offense and not just depend on the deep ball. However, I think as we get it straightened out our offense will come into its own...

mistaowen

Reaction score
Rice is so good at catching the ball with his hands and we don't take advantage of it at all. He should be focused on constantly in the short/intermediate routes. Even if he is covered, he has long arms and can catch the ball with his hands, which is something Tate can't do.

Same with Miller. Some of our biggest plays come from RW throwing a beatiful seam pass to Miller down the middle, and yet we almost never do it. Very frustrating.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Unless Flynn is the QB, that's just not our identity right now. We're more of a vertical passing team than we are an uptempo WCO. We don't really have receivers than can get a lot of YAC, anyway. It's gonna be running game with play action, and big chunks through the air. When it works like last week, it's great, but it's a low percentage formula. I'd prefer a high percentage, balanced attack but the offense isn't quite there yet. They can't even execute a WR screen but love to call that play.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Starrman44":2j58krml said:
Our qb is already a midget. Guess we need some shorter receivers...

bad humor, just getting the low hanging fruit. I am a huge Wilson fan and I do think we need to get some rhythm in our offense and not just depend on the deep ball. However, I think as we get it straightened out our offense will come into its own...

Hahahaha a "shorter" passing attack. ZINGER !!!!!!

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Honestly, I think this thread is nonsense. If any of Wilson's target's had caught the long ball after it hit them in the hands, this wouldn't even be a conversation.

Starrman44

Reaction score
BlueTalon":2zefdhfa said:
Honestly, I think this thread is nonsense. If any of Wilson's target's had caught the long ball after it hit them in the hands, this wouldn't even be a conversation.

Totally agree. The ball was on the hands and the opportunities were there. Gotta capitalize.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Dropped balls were a problem in this game, no doubt, but if caught, that would have put us up at maybe 13, 14 points? That's just not enough to consistently win unless we expect our D to be near perfect every game, our receivers to get separation and our oline to be able to pass protect for longer periods of time.

A lot of things have to happen right for this formula work. High risk high reward isn't sustainable. Need a balanced attack.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
The only thing that needed to happen right tonight was for the long passes to be caught. You might poo-pooh being up by 13 or 14 points, but that would have won us the game tonight. Had those very catch-able balls been caught, we would have had balance.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Not just talking about this game. I'm talking about every single game this season. It's like playing the slots. We hit 7 7 7 last week in the 4th quarter against rookie safeties. This week we didn't. The formula is not sustainable. Imagine if 9ers had a better passing game, in addition to their running game. We would have been dominated. Average of under 17pts a game with Lynch running the way he is...something's wrong with this picture. And it goes beyond dropped balls in this one game.

manders2600

Reaction score
BlueTalon":kglx89me said:
The only thing that needed to happen right tonight was for the long passes to be caught. You might poo-pooh being up by 13 or 14 points, but that would have won us the game tonight. Had those very catch-able balls been caught, we would have had balance.

Passes were dropped, and this certainly contributed to the Seattle loss. But there were a whole lot of non-called PI, holding (offensive and defensive), and illegal contact plays, as well as a facemask on Alex Smith that went the Seahawks way. In addition, San Francisco essentially gave up a possession at the end of the game by running three straight times to force Seattle to use its time-outs.

A few plays being different could mean that Seattle gets an additional 14 points and wins by 5, or a few plays could have been different and led to a blow-out the other way.

More than the dropped passes, which are easy to see and easy to blame, Seattle needed much better play from their lines (both offensive and defensive).