My immediate kneejerk reaction after the SF game

firebee

Reaction score
The drops ticked me off to no end and they are the reason why we lost that game. I'm over the Tate experiment. We've been waiting 3 years for him to develop into the receiver he was supposed to be coming out of college. He isn't that receiver. The whiffed block on the idiotic slip screen to Obomanu at the end of the game with him standing around as Obomanu continued to fight off tackles is what really did it for me. The lack of consistency from those three receivers and their inability to get open or catch the ball is becoming a drag for the entire team.

SOLUTION: Trade Tate, Edwards and Obomanu to the Jets for Burress and activate Charlie Martin. Then fire our receivers coach and hire somebody that can actually get our receivers to get open and, more importantly, catch the ball when it hits them in the hands.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
942-WMUvJ.St.55.jpeg

woops sorry guys

OP
OP
F

firebee

Reaction score
SNDavidson":3n7swjb4 said:
942-WMUvJ.St.55.jpeg

woops sorry guys

I expect that from a rookie... Tate, Obomanu and Edwards are veteran guys that've been playing in the league for 2 years or more each and they're consistently inconsistent.

daketah

Reaction score
I think Martin will be playing for this team when GT is gone, hopefully before.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I just get the impression that golden tate is about golden tate, not entirely sure where that comes from, but it is what I get from the guy.

Hawkfish

Reaction score
SNDavidson":2qbj1r9z said:
942-WMUvJ.St.55.jpeg

woops sorry guys

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

niveky

Reaction score
I don't 'expect' anything from a rookie. especially when it comes to drops. I mean I hope they perform well and that they have more + than - plays....but rookie or not there is no excuse for dropping that kind of ball. whether it was Turbin, Tate, Moore, Lynch, or anyone else that dropped a pass tonight and lost Wilson his confidence in our recievers for this game at least.

ensett

Reaction score
Being a rookie isn't an excuse to drop a ball dude. You don't learn how to catch in the NFL, that's something you do in High School at the latest.

SuperBowlXLChamps

Reaction score
Glad you aren't the GM. Trading 3 receivers for one 35 year old who is having a fluke good season?

OP
OP
F

firebee

Reaction score
Oh Yeah... Plaxico's a free agent... Sign him. Then trade Tate, Edwards and Obomanu for.... ???? .... any receiver that consistently gets open and consistently catches the ball when it hits them in the hands. Preferably an AFC team. Any names come to mind???

ensett

Reaction score
I can't take a suggestion seriously if you didn't know Burress is 1) a free agent 2) nicknamed Plexiglass and Dropsico, specially for his terrible hands and fragile body

O-LineFan

Reaction score
seems to me like most people on here were pretty high on Tate after he demolished Lee and then caught the game winning catch against Green Bay. One loss and everyone wants his head on a platter. Sad.