Vernon Davis: 0 catches

ensett

Reaction score
Vernon Davis having 0 catches is reflected pretty accurately on the scoreboard. I don't know what kind of connection you're even trying to make here.

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
ensett":otn8mj82 said:
Vernon Davis having 0 catches is reflected pretty accurately on the scoreboard. I don't know what kind of connection you're even trying to make here.

:roll:

Not rocket science....

Let me try this: If before the game I would have told you that Davis would have no catches, what would you say the chances of us winning would be?

I'd be around 97% myself.

edogg23

Reaction score
That is probably because he is on my fantasy football team....

Wiseguy

Reaction score
edogg23":2rv3pvvh said:
That is probably because he is on my fantasy football team....

Should of drafted Gore then! All your fault!!!!!!!

razor150

Reaction score
Would you still say that if I had told you that Gore would have the day he had? Stopping Davis means nothing if you let Gore gash you.

ensett

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":vte7bkoy said:
ensett":vte7bkoy said:

Not rocket science....

Let me try this: If before the game I would have told you that Davis would have no catches, what would you say the chances of us winning would be?

I wouldn't connect his # of catches to our chances of winning, I knew we wouldn't let them score much. You're asking a question that totally ignores our offensive side of the ball.

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
razor150":3t4nc1nn said:
Would you still say that if I had told you that Gore would have the day he had? Stopping Davis means nothing if you let Gore gash you.

This isn't a Gore thread. It's a Vernon Davis thread.

Gore always kills us, its nothing new.

ensett

Reaction score
Gore doesn't ALWAYS kill us, but when he does, oh boy... he does.

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
ensett":c6w30izj said:
FlyingGreg":c6w30izj said:
ensett":c6w30izj said:

Not rocket science....

I wouldn't connect his # of catches to our chances of winning, I knew we wouldn't let them score much. You're asking a question that totally ignores our offensive side of the ball.

I didn't ask a question. I made a statement.

And I'd say most people would make the connection between Davis being shutout and us having a good chance to win, but maybe that's just me.

seahawksfan28

Reaction score
I agree. If you told me Davis has ZERO catches... We would win that football game. Unfortunately our offense was terrible.

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
seahawksfan28":3fmgjvwu said:
I agree. If you told me Davis has ZERO catches... We would win that football game. Unfortunately our offense was terrible.

Yep...not sure why this is so confusing for some. Davis is a main stay in their offense, and any team shutting him out would have to like their chances.

Just an anomaly. I don't even think he had a pass thrown his way.

ensett

Reaction score
Eh all I'm saying, is if you told me Davis had 0 catches, I'd just ask "well, how many points do we score?"

Starrman44

Reaction score
Well, I too wouldn't necessarily connect Davis having a big game with the Niners winning. If you had told me Gore had the type of game against us that he had then I would have felt like we had a big chance of losing, though. Sometimes a big passing game indicates that you are behind in the ball game and trying to catch up.

aku

Reaction score
Not sure how hard it is to understand this point. Our defense's major weak spot is against TEs. If you'd told me before the game that Vernon would get zero catches, I absolutely would have thought we were going to win it. SF did a great job spreading the ball around to the underneath receivers though.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
On the contrary, I would say this is absolutely about Frank Gore. We game planned for Davis and held him to nothing counting on our front 4 to at least limit Gore and he took advantage. Our LB group isn't as strong as the 9ers and neither is our Dline... At least not this year.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2qcez0qf said:
ensett":2qcez0qf said:

Not rocket science....

I still would have pegged it no better than 50%, myself.

The 49ers passing offense isn't their bread-and-butter. It's their run game.

I mean, I like that we held Davis to no catches, but I'd have preferred a defensive gameplan that shut Gore down completely and made Smith and the 49ers receivers have to try our secondary.