I'm really torn...

amill87

Reaction score
I really wanted this win tonight. Don't know if I ever really believed it was possible but a division game and a chance for Pete to finally get one over Harbaugh would've been just so good. But here we are.

The logical rational part of me understands this team we have is much better than what we have had in years and every year under Carroll we have improved. I completely understand the opponents we've played and the situations we are in (mainly dealing with rookie mistakes occasionally).

But the part that is eating away at me is the emotional irrational fan. It doesn't care about how bright our future is. Teams like the Browns care about their bright future, do you honestly think the Giants or Patriots are talking about their bright future? It doesn't care how close we played a good team and how hard we tried. Did the Niners after losing to the Giants say "oh gee, they are a good team and we really tried hard so it's ok we lost!". You don't make the playoffs based on how close you play good teams. You don't win Super Bowls unless you make the playoffs and I want a god damn super bowl ring.

It just feels as a Seahawk fans we always get lured in and the team gets so close to something great and then they fall on their face and we get kicked in the nuts.

Please take care of the Lions and give us fans what we deserve, Seahawks.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Preach it brother. I feel the same way. It looks like our team is headed in the right direction, but I felt the same way with Knox and he never got the Hawks over the hump. I have wondered the same about Pete. At this point he gets the benefit of the doubt from me especially considering that ol' Timmmmaaaaaaaaay left the cupboard nearly bare. But damn man, I'm 56 and I figure I've got around 20 years of living in front of me and all I want is ONE SUPER BOWL VICTORY FROM THE SEAHAWKS BEFORE I DIE!!

volsunghawk

Reaction score
amill87":12myzp57 said:
I really wanted this win tonight. Don't know if I ever really believed it was possible but a division game and a chance for Pete to finally get one over Harbaugh would've been just so good. But here we are.

The logical rational part of me understands this team we have is much better than what we have had in years and every year under Carroll we have improved. I completely understand the opponents we've played and the situations we are in (mainly dealing with rookie mistakes occasionally).

But the part that is eating away at me is the emotional irrational fan. It doesn't care about how bright our future is. Teams like the Browns care about their bright future, do you honestly think the Giants or Patriots are talking about their bright future? It doesn't care how close we played a good team and how hard we tried. Did the Niners after losing to the Giants say "oh gee, they are a good team and we really tried hard so it's ok we lost!". You don't make the playoffs based on how close you play good teams. You don't win Super Bowls unless you make the playoffs and I want a god damn super bowl ring.

It just feels as a Seahawk fans we always get lured in and the team gets so close to something great and then they fall on their face and we get kicked in the nuts.

Please take care of the Lions and give us fans what we deserve, Seahawks.

Think this thread appeared on the SF boards after they lost to Minnesota or the Giants?

Think it's sitting on the New England boards RIGHT NOW?

I guarantee you it is, in one form or another. And then those teams will go win a big game and their fans will quit freakin' hyperventilating.