Meh. That's Right People. MEH.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I wanted to throw things. I wanted to blow a gasket.

I wanted to say hurtful things I didn't really mean In The Heat Of The Moment.

"YOU PIECE OF S**T SCUMBAG MOTHER SCREWING POOR EXCUSE FOR A PRO FOOTBALL TEAM DOOSHWAFFLE BUTTERNUTSARRRGHHHH!!!!"

(And that's the G-rated, sober version of things I have said in the past mind you).

Like all of you, I wanted a do-over, NOW. I wanted to rewind Father Time and pretend THAT never happened.

But as many of you have had the presence of mind to say...

Meh.

Did the game suck for us? Absolutely it did. First-half aside, this was an embarrassment of riches on a national platform.

We could have made a HUGE statement had we beaten the living tar out of that team. And regardless of what occurred, they ARE a beatable team (Your Honor I would like to submit Exhibit A: The Giants game 4 days prior), but to be perfectly, indisputably fair...They out played, out smarted and out lasted us. (Wait, different show).

Still, I like what I am hearing rising from the collective voice of 12. One thing that I've heard this year from media sources (surely not ESPN) is that the Seahawks have some of the smartest fans in all of football. I believe that. Sure, we all use this forum to vent. To air our frustrations. Good Lord, without the venting that goes on in here after a loss I cannot imagine the misery that would unfold upon our wives, girlfriends, children, co-workers (okay, screw that, some of those co-workers deserve it and you know it) and pets. But we understand what is at play here. This is not a team that is built to win Championships this year. Of course, Any Given Sunday and all that, yes, but... Be honest. None of you expected this season to be 19-0.

It's no secret I have been a supporter of Wilson since the start. I saw something in him from the beginning and I will stick with that until I am absolutely, unequivocally proven wrong. And even then I will suggest we missed something. Some un-overturned stone that could have unlocked the key to his imminent success in this league. One thing that really sang my song today was when I was listening to 710 ESPN with Groz (and that other guy) and Groz danced upon an aspect of Wilson's many amenities that I always admired without fully quantifying it...

He said that Wilson never seems to get rattled. No matter the storm, no matter what is happening on the field, this kid looks completely unfazed.

THAT my friends, is unteachable. That is very much a key ingredient to that "IT" factor we speak so often about without really being able to understand what that means.

A team can go very, very, very far with a quarterback that has that in his bag of tricks.

This game -- to me -- was defined in several ways. One, we are still incredibly young, and still very much learning how to win in this league. We get seduced at times by the glorious fashion we win games. So much so, we feel we are invincible. Even coming off an electrifying victory over one of the finest teams the NFL has to offer with merely 3 days to prepare for what is most certainly one of the other finest NFL teams available.

Our defense, as amazing as they can be and often are, fall victims to fatigue and great schemes. When you're offense can't do anything...ANYTHING, the inability to sustain such defensive firepower increases exponentially...By the minute.

The drops displayed in this game seemed uncharacteristic to me. Sure we need to draft WR next April. Nobody disputes that. Nobody suggests there's no room for improvement with this receiving corps. Still, this group is better than they showed Thursday night. Just like our TEAM is better than they showed Thursday night.

I see a lot of wins in this young team's future ahead. Wilson and Lynch will lead the way on offense (just wait and see). Our defense WILL right the wrong of that Gore-fest. We may not win 12+ games this year, but if I am a betting man, I'm sure as hell not betting against this team the rest of the way.

Yeah, the 49ers got us this time. They deserved to win. They beat us fair and absolutely square.

But am I destroyed about this loss?

Meh.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Russell Wilson will get better. I feel that Alex Smith has reached his ceiling. Seattle made mistakes against a good team on the road, and like almost anyone will say....thats a recipe for disaster.We will go 3-3 in the division and compete for a wildcard THIS YEAR. As Aros always says...

"Book it". Oh yeah, and "Meh"

Hawk4lyfe

Reaction score
the thing that was frustrating was we outplayed them the first half. and then we started to beat ourselves with dropped balls, poor play calls, and our D getting tired. in the end we were still only down 7. still a young team. and as long as we continue to get better im ok with how things are goin. we arent even close to our ceiling yet....

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
TheHawkster":y06pnsnd said:
HawKnPeppa":y06pnsnd said:
TheHawkster":y06pnsnd said:
my thoughts about this thread.

Meh.

then why even post?

Just continuing the Meh.

Why post calling me out about it?

Should I have posted this as well? :|

Misunderstanding of "Meh" by two diehard Seahawks fans. It's all good people. Or as the idiot OP would say, "Meh."

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
Particularly about them outlasting the Seahawks:

The 49ers are in the midst of a home stand of rare proportions. They traveled back from what turned out to be a cupcake NY Jets game on September 30th. During the next 55 days they will have traveled exactly one time, a short trip to Arizona, which is followed with their bye week. They also have their first three division games during this period. Since I've never actually played a 16 game NFL schedule I can only speculate that the 49ers would have a distinct edge over other teams in terms of being well rested and on a consistent schedule. Particularly against a team that is in the midst of playing 4 out of 5 on the road.

I bring this up because I thought the Seahawks looked tired in the second half. After rethinking it though, the Seahawks probably just looked like any NFL team would look during a heavy traveling portion of their schedule and the 49ers looked like a team that will not have any real travel for the middle two months of the season. This was set up for a 49er victory long before the season started.

It's a long season and I believe the Seahawks will prove to be the best team in our division.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I really identify with this. Even in an ugly loss like this, I see such an abundance of talent on this team compared to when Pete and John took over, and it soothes the wound somewhat.

Don't get me wrong, I want this team to win now. But it's going to click. Soon. And this will be a team that is very good for a long stretch.