Sunday Night Football Week 16

BeastQuake

Reaction score
49ers coming to the Clink. It will likely determine the NFC West title. Any chance it gets flexed in?

kidhawk

Reaction score
I'm going on record as saying it will probably happen....my reason? I've got an overseas flight scheduled that day. I scheduled the layover to coincide with our game time. If it gets flexed to primetime, I will miss the second half of the game. Of course I will have it recorded so I can watch it later, but I REALLY want to watch this live. I spent a lot of time with careful planning so I could. It makes perfect sense that the NFL would screw it up for me

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I kind of doubt it. Though it will be a great, important game it wont bring what the networks want... huge ratings.

Other games that week that would all probably get higher ratings then ours:

Redskins vs Eagles
Saints vs Cowboys
Giants vs Ravens
Bengals vs Steelers

Neither the Seahawks or the 49ers have a large enough national following to gather the ratings that they would want unfortunatly.

endzorn

Reaction score
I might be one of the only people around here who hates when Seattle plays in primetime games. I like my Sunday afternoons to be Seahawks football.

5280Hawk

Reaction score
Really though that bengals steelers is the only other division rival game that has playoff implications that might be a bigger draw.

I bet we get it.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2cllwb9c said:
I kind of doubt it. Though it will be a great, important game it wont bring what the networks want... huge ratings.

Other games that week that would all probably get higher ratings then ours:

Redskins vs Eagles
Saints vs Cowboys
Giants vs Ravens
Bengals vs Steelers

Neither the Seahawks or the 49ers have a large enough national following to gather the ratings that they would want unfortunatly.

In 2010 the Seahawks/Rams Week 17 game got flexed in because it directly determined the NFC West champ. It could be a similar situation, except both the Seahawks and 49ers are better teams now than the Hawks and Rams were then.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
I doubt it just because the 49ers play the Patriots on Sunday Night Football the previous week, and I don't think they'd want the same team two weeks in a row.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
endzorn":gv3tgkd4 said:
I might be one of the only people around here who hates when Seattle plays in primetime games. I like my Sunday afternoons to be Seahawks football.

I'm with you. If i were God of the football world the Seahawks would play Sunday at 1 pacific time every single week.

SirTed

Reaction score
I love me some prime time games but I don't think so.

Nobody thinks it'll be Giants v. Ravens?

Both teams are fighting for divisional crowns ? That sounds like a national lock to me.

schkoot

Reaction score
I am going to that game. I'd like to know ASAP since I had to bust my butt to get babysitting for my two boys. It would be sweet, though.