how many of you guys have CSL's for the clink?

BoatsAndHose

Reaction score
I have a CSL that I bought with some buddies when the stadium opened. We love them. Then 3 seasons ago I bought two more CSLs that I plan to use with my son when he gets a little older. They are the aisle 9 rows up on the 30 so he should be able to lean into the aisle to catch a decent view. I bought them for the original issue fee as they were "repossessed" by the stadium authority. It was during the recession and when the team was struggling. The list prices are a little misleading. The prices are now more expensive than the original issue due to the team getting popular again, but generally not to the extent of those list prices. If u are considering I would get in now as this team is building something for years to come IMO.

You really feel an intensity and become part of the game in the CSLs. The negatives are they are mostly uncovered and you have a hard time seeing plays fully develop. The charter fee will pay for itself over time because your ticket rate is subsidized.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
I have owned a pair since the stadium opened. I love my seats. Great group around us.
I highly doubt people are paying the asking price.

OP
OP
C

chimpanjesus

Reaction score
BoatsAndHose":35jogiov said:
I have a CSL that I bought with some buddies when the stadium opened. We love them. Then 3 seasons ago I bought two more CSLs that I plan to use with my son when he gets a little older. They are the aisle 9 rows up on the 30 so he should be able to lean into the aisle to catch a decent view. I bought them for the original issue fee as they were "repossessed" by the stadium authority. It was during the recession and when the team was struggling. The list prices are a little misleading. The prices are now more expensive than the original issue due to the team getting popular again, but generally not to the extent of those list prices. If u are considering I would get in now as this team is building something for years to come IMO.

You really feel an intensity and become part of the game in the CSLs. The negatives are they are mostly uncovered and you have a hard time seeing plays fully develop. The charter fee will pay for itself over time because your ticket rate is subsidized.

had i lived here when the stadium was being built i definitely would have gone in for a CSL. thats awesome you were able to get another 2 direct from the team. you think this is still a possibility? i'm a season ticket holder but wouldn't mind upgrading to a CSL, should i just call my rep and ask?

washmont

Reaction score
I've bought and sold several over the years. Currently own a couple.
IF you want to know the real value of the Licenses, look at the the previous sale listings they have at the top, it has an option to download an excel spreadsheet. Most of the listings currently are by Brokers to see if anyone is stupid enough offer their asking price.

grizbob

Reaction score
When I win the lottery I'll get me one, unfortunately that's what it will take :(

BoatsAndHose

Reaction score
chimpanjesus":1t7kfixk said:
BoatsAndHose":1t7kfixk said:

had i lived here when the stadium was being built i definitely would have gone in for a CSL. thats awesome you were able to get another 2 direct from the team. you think this is still a possibility? i'm a season ticket holder but wouldn't mind upgrading to a CSL, should i just call my rep and ask?

I would check with your rep for sure. They may be able to help facilitate a deal of someone who wants to sell with a prospective buyer like yourself.

Also WashMont is right. If you click on the sales history you will get a more accurate sense of the true value. Many CSLs are selling for close of their original license fee or at a modest premium. Good luck.

vant

Reaction score
1st year CSL holder in 132.

Its been great so far, but my biggest problem is when we have a larger group. I'm forced to sell my tickets for the sake of being together in some random spot in the 300s.

Riley12

Reaction score
My original license, when the stadium opened, was in 133 Q 5 & 6, I believe. I remember going to the
stadium open house and getting to sit there for the first time. 'Orgasmic' is not a strong enough
word to describe the experience, especially since it was the fulfillment of a dream I had since I was a little kid
growing up in eastern WA.

After a couple of seasons spent pestering my account manager, I was able to move back a couple of rows
to T and over to the other side of the section. Both times, I've been around longtime season ticket holders
although now, I suspect, the seats directly behind me have been transferred to a broker or some asshole
who sells his seats to anyone.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
I have CSL and bought them in the original issue i.e. direct from the Seahawks before games were being played in the new digs.

The asking prices on that site are kind of ridiculous. The original cost for the center section (109, 135) were $3000 per seat. It was reduced somewhat if you were a many year season ticket holder and/or were willing to pay the entire fee all at once. Might have had some other discounts too.

BTW, the CSL is only for 30 years, and we're 10 years into that period, so if anything, you'd think they'd be worth less now, not more, but it is true that Charter seats tend to go for just a few more dollars per ticket than the better 300 level tickets, and obviously they are superior seats, though you are usually not covered by the roof.

It has turned out to be a good deal, given that the team has been careful to keep Charter tickets reasonably priced.

BoatsAndHose

Reaction score
BocciHawk":35c9igny said:
I have CSL and bought them in the original issue i.e. direct from the Seahawks before games were being played in the new digs.

The asking prices on that site are kind of ridiculous. The original cost for the center section (109, 135) were $3000 per seat. It was reduced somewhat if you were a many year season ticket holder and/or were willing to pay the entire fee all at once. Might have had some other discounts too.

BTW, the CSL is only for 30 years, and we're 10 years into that period, so if anything, you'd think they'd be worth less now, not more, but it is true that Charter seats tend to go for just a few more dollars per ticket than the better 300 level tickets, and obviously they are superior seats, though you are usually not covered by the roof.

It has turned out to be a good deal, given that the team has been careful to keep Charter tickets reasonably priced.

Curious to where you see the 30 yr expiration? Everything I see and read indicates as long as the structure currently known as Clink is standing we have the right to purchase those seats. Granted that could be less than 30 years theoretically but probably not likely. I reviewed my contract and no mention of a year sunset provision at year 30 but maybe I am missing something? Granted 20 years is a long ways off but i am curious if I totally missed that during my due diligence!

vant

Reaction score
I didn't see anything in my transfer agreement either.

But maybe I was just too damn excited.