Article: PFW snippet on Malcolm Smith

drdiags

Reaction score
Saw this post on Malcolm Smith and thought I would pass it along Smith Coming on Strong

“He’s got great speed and good instincts, too. He always seems to be around the ball,” one daily team observer said of Smith, also a key special-teamer whose awareness was highlighted when he recovered a muffed punt in the endzone for a TD in Seattle’s recent 58-0 rout of the Cardinals. “He’s faster than Leroy, more athletic. What you lose in experience and Hill’s ability to defend the run you gain with Smith’s speed and aggressiveness, which really fits the team's defensive st

razgriz737

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2kshz4nj said:
I think Smith's emergence may spell the end of the Hill era in Seattle.
Sad, but true. Not as a knock on Smith by any means, I'm really high on this kid. But I've always liked Leroy. I guess "bittersweet" is the word I'm looking for.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
razgriz737":35em4qyc said:
FlyingGreg":35em4qyc said:
Sad, but true. Not as a knock on Smith by any means, I'm really high on this kid. But I've always like Leroy. I guess "bittersweet" is the word I'm looking for.

Just time to get younger and more athletic.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
razgriz737":lkkp12qt said:
FlyingGreg":lkkp12qt said:
Sad, but true. Not as a knock on Smith by any means, I'm really high on this kid. But I've always like Leroy. I guess "bittersweet" is the word I'm looking for.

I'm happy. Hill has been decent this year and last overall, but has been very suspect his entire career in coverage. I'd rather have a young buc in Smith whose more athletic and give him these next 3 games to show he belongs.

I hope he starts against Buffalo. Can you imagine if when the playoffs come around we have 2 - 2nd year players and a rookie starting @ Lber. That would be pretty neat assuming Smith continues to play well.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Smith has been great. I hope he keeps starting the rest of the year, and maybe even next year he can compete with a high draft pick rookie LB for a starting spot too.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
He needs to stay healthy. That's the big issue with him. He has a bad injury history. If he stays healthy he has a chance to be great

sam1313

Reaction score
Got to the article to vote for the Seahawks as the best NFC team. We have about 1/2 the votes of :49ersmall:

Hawks46

Reaction score
Doesn't necessarily spell the end of Hill. He'd make a hell of a backup.