Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fans threw food on Bowmen

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Fans threw food on Bowmen
Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:05 pm
  • I've been hearing this story.. But my question is is there any proof that actually happened? The first person mentioning it was some 49er reporter tweeting it saying he saw it and then everybody starts believing it.. I say that's crap. Why would I believe what a 49er reporter say without any actual video or a pic!
    seadoc30
    NET Rookie

Re: Fans threw food on Bowmen
Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:07 pm
  • need some proof if it happened hat terrible dude jus wrecked his knee making a huge play (that he got robbed of) cant be proud of ourselves for that but theres always a bad apple
    Frohawk25360
    NET Starter

Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:08 pm
  • seadoc30 wrote:I've been hearing this story.. But my question is is there any proof that actually happened? The first person mentioning it was some 49er reporter tweeting it saying he saw it and then everybody starts believing it.. I say that's crap. Why would I believe what a 49er reporter say without any actual video or a pic!

This is all I'm aware about;

akscoundrel
    NET Starter

• I saw a picture, not sure where, but it was true. Looks like it was popcorn - but completely uncalled for.
    MagHawk
    NET Rookie

• I saw video last night on Mike and Mike that showed fans threw some popcorn on him right when he was headed for the tunnell. Pretty sickening, but like I say. Every fan base has some fans that the entire fan base doesn't want to be associated with. Nothing more than some drunk, stupid, Seahawk fans. Obviously they are outliers.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:09 pm
  • Only thing I've seen is this clip: http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/navorro-b ... off-field/

Doesn't show food being thrown, shows some popcorn falling out of the stands. Could just have easily spilled when a fan leaned over to look.
    lsheldon
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:10 pm

Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:11 pm
  • That is just low rent. Whoever you are you should hang your head in shame!
    Evil_Shenanigans
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:11 pm
  • Golden tate would have caught it with his mouth....
    akscoundrel
    NET Starter

Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:15 pm
  • lsheldon wrote:Only thing I've seen is this clip: http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/navorro-b ... off-field/

Doesn't show food being thrown, shows some popcorn falling out of the stands. Could just have easily spilled when a fan leaned over to look.

That seems like it was deliberately thrown honestly, the way it seems to fly all over him. If he had just leaned over, it would have fallen straight down and probably would barely even be in the picture, let alone on Bowmen.

Classless by the few people that did it, but anyone that judges our entire fanbase by the actions of at most 5 people are fools.
    Emerald12
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:16 pm
  • So one person throws or (accidentally) spills popcorn and *Seattle fans* are told to stay classy? Uh-huh.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:19 pm
  • I wouldn't have thrown anything either, but popcorn thrown on a person wearing the other teams jersy? Ok...make a huge deal out of it...*rolls eyes*

It's nothing in comparison to getting knifed at Candlestick for doing the same.
    Last edited by rjas77 on Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    rjas77
    NET Rookie

• HawkGA wrote:So one person throws or (accidentally) spills popcorn and *Seattle fans* are told to stay classy? Uh-huh.

From what I've read it was one person who purposefully did it. Can't remember where I read it, but it was from somebody who saw a guy dump the popcorn.

So yes, all Hawks fan across the world are all about throwing food on injured players now. Apparently.
    Kakaww
    NET Rookie

• lsheldon wrote:Only thing I've seen is this clip: http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/navorro-b ... off-field/

Yeah, I'm kinda with you on this one. If it was a half eaten burger being beaned off the side of his helmet of a full beer poured on his head then it'd understand the uproar, but that was the equivalent of a handful of popcorn fluttering gently down from the sky. I doubt there was much in the way of intent there. I've had more popcorn spilled on my head by people behind me trying to get to their seat...
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:20 pm
  • Wow, that's it? I sounded like he was hit by hotdogs and nachos and beer by all the fans. Ok some idiot teenager might have been drunk and high and decided to throw some popcorn thinking it might be funny.

I guess We do need guys like Sherman who will smack back and defend us!
    seadoc30
    NET Rookie

Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:21 pm
  • HawkGA wrote:So one person throws or (accidentally) spills popcorn and *Seattle fans* are told to stay classy? Uh-huh.

Niner fan sitting next to me was all up in everybody's grill yelling obscenities when they had the lead. At the end of the game when we were giving it right back to him he kept yelling "Be Humble, Be Humble." He then pulled a white sweatshirt and Seahawks cap out of his back and put them on over his Niner gear so that he wouldn't get yelled at walking out of the stadium. Stay classy my butt.
    IBleedBlueAndGreen
    * NET Injury Guru *

Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:21 pm
  • akscoundrel wrote:
    seadoc30 wrote:I've been hearing this story.. But my question is is there any proof that actually happened? The first person mentioning it was some 49er reporter tweeting it saying he saw it and then everybody starts believing it.. I say that's crap. Why would I believe what a 49er reporter say without any actual video or a pic!

I can't believe an upset 49ers fan threw popcorn at our own Seattle field staff... as we politely helped they injured player off the field. This is just disgraceful. ;)
    SHOCKER315
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:22 pm
  • He didn't even notice the half dozen pop corn kernals that floated down around him.
    Bowman did get robbed of his fumble recovery. You can feel bad about that if you want to.
    He was injured by his own player who was attempting to seperate Kearse's head from his shoulders and missed. The injury is on Bowman's teamate and no one else.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:23 pm
  • Every fan base has idiots. I recall our fans doing the wave earlier this year when another player was injured. Something we have to live with. These guys give up everything to play these games. No player deserves to be disrespected.
    Vb9er
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:23 pm
  • Sad watching the gif above how Bowman just kinda looks up dejectedly.

Dumb, stupid, drunk fans.
    McGruff
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:24 pm
  • Classless a*hole the dudes a warrior .
    hawkfannj
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:24 pm
  • IBleedBlueAndGreen wrote:
    HawkGA wrote:So one person throws or (accidentally) spills popcorn and *Seattle fans* are told to stay classy? Uh-huh.

Niner fan sitting next to me was all up in everybody's grill yelling obscenities when they had the lead. At the end of the game when we were giving it right back to him he kept yelling "Be Humble, Be Humble." He then pulled a white sweatshirt and Seahawks cap out of his back and put them on over his Niner gear so that he wouldn't get yelled at walking out of the stadium. Stay classy my butt.

WHAT? The dude brought seahawks gear so he could more easily escape the stadium in case they lost? Wtf!!!

I've only gone to away games in the last 10 years since I moved to the east coast. I went to the colts game, and the ultimate loss, the Atlanta game. Walked out of there with my head high in defeat. I can't imagine Doing what that craphead did.
    CaptainSkybeard
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:25 pm
  • brimsalabim wrote:He didn't even notice the half dozen pop corn kernals that floated down around him.
    Bowman did get robbed of his fumble recovery. You can feel bad about that if you want to.
    He was injured by his own player who was attempting to seperate Kearse's head from his shoulders and missed. The injury is on Bowman's teamate and no one else.

A bad call yes, but ultimately it worked out in the 49ers favor.

Getting the ball on the 15 yard line is a hell of a lot better than getting the ball on your 1 foot line, against a d that was raping your run game.
    akscoundrel
    NET Starter

Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:25 pm
  • SHOCKER315 wrote:
    akscoundrel wrote:
    seadoc30 wrote:I've been hearing this story.. But my question is is there any proof that actually happened? The first person mentioning it was some 49er reporter tweeting it saying he saw it and then everybody starts believing it.. I say that's crap. Why would I believe what a 49er reporter say without any actual video or a pic!

I can't believe an upset 49ers fan threw popcorn at our own Seattle field staff... as we politely helped they injured player off the field. This is just disgraceful. ;)

Completely uncalled for.

Joking aside, it's impossible to tell if that pop corn was thrown. Let assume it was, this kinf of thing happens in sports all the time...it's messed up and uncalled for..but it happens. No need to try and make something out of it, who gives a crap. The dude got hurt, let's wish him the best, and move on to the 36 year old Line Backer the Broncos are trotting out on the field because Von Miller is out.
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:26 pm
  • Wow, I really hoe thats not true. Terrible if it is.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:29 pm
  • I dare anyone to have a party where most are playing hard and drinking hard, and not have one idiot in the crowd. What, maybe one out of 100?

Now, have a party with 70,000 and see if it is as polite and tame as we see at the games.

The intent is wrong, no excusing that, but one person out of a crowd like that, with half a dozen pieces of popcorn? To blame an entire fan base for that is just silly.
    OrFan
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:30 pm
  • wow...from the sound of everyone talking it was a barrage of food raining down on bowman like last weeks weather....instead it's one idiot throwing his popcorn, so lets go ahead and base the totality of seattle fandom based on one moron.
    Highlordb
    NET Rookie

Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:31 pm
  • That fan that threw it is an embarrassment.
    AF_Hawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:35 pm
  • I was at Michael Irvin's last game where the stadium cheered for his injury. Not one person, the stadium. Whoever did the popcorn is a douche, but just him. He owns the doucheness all to himself.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:36 pm
  • You don't condemn all of a group simply because a microscopic portion are morons.

I've seen heartless, spiteful, hateful behavior and it's despicable of course.
    tom sawyer
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:38 pm
  • Couple thoughts about this:

a) shame on the fan, even if it was a few kernels of popcorn. Not the end of the world but show some class. Bowman is a legit guy, who just suffered a horrific injury.

b) Shame on guys like Greg Rosenthal who tweeted out making it seem like he was getting full trays of food thrown on him. Guys like him are a part of the problem. The media in general sensationalizes things to get "clicks." It's actually an epidemic in this country to create undue drama and faux outrage (see Richard Sherman post game speech).

c) There are bad apples in every bunch. That guy doesn't represent all SEA fans, just like the buffoons who stabbed people in the parking lot don't represent all SF fans, just like a criminal doesn't represent all gun owners...the list goes on.

d) Big prayers to Bowman. That was horrific. Don't get me wrong, I despise/hate the 49ers, but he's really a class act guy who has been through a ton of hardship. I hope he gets better and soon.

e) Go Hawks!
    Mtjhoyas
    NET Starter

Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:38 pm
  • SouthSoundHawk wrote:
    SHOCKER315 wrote:
    akscoundrel wrote:

Completely uncalled for.

Joking aside, it's impossible to tell if that pop corn was thrown. Let assume it was, this kinf of thing happens in sports all the time...it's messed up and uncalled for..but it happens. No need to try and make something out of it, who gives a crap. The dude got hurt, let's wish him the best, and move on to the 36 year old Line Backer the Broncos are trotting out on the field because Von Miller is out.

That was completely my point... no one knows who threw the popcorn, towards whom, why, or if it was even intentional. So all the people attributing it to a "Seattle fan" are just making assumptions and guesses. I could have been anything... including a "49ers fan". Who knows... who really cares.

Those complaining are just Niners being Whiners.
    SHOCKER315
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:39 pm
  • tom sawyer wrote:You don't condemn all of a group simply because a microscopic portion are morons.

Bingo.

Show me a fanbase and I'll show you a minority of fans acting like idiots.............and if SF fans want to focus on this because they're bitter, then that's on them.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:41 pm
  • Can you please edit the title of this thread to: 'One fan throws popcorn on Bowman'

Judging by the video that is all it was. When you use the word "fans" it indicts all of us for one person's idiocy.

Hope Bowman will be all right. Warrior.
    Thunderhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:52 pm
  • Mtjhoyas wrote:Couple thoughts about this:

a) shame on the fan, even if it was a few kernels of popcorn. Not the end of the world but show some class. Bowman is a legit guy, who just suffered a horrific injury.

b) Shame on guys like Greg Rosenthal who tweeted out making it seem like he was getting full trays of food thrown on him. Guys like him are a part of the problem. The media in general sensationalizes things to get "clicks." It's actually an epidemic in this country to create undue drama and faux outrage (see Richard Sherman post game speech).

c) There are bad apples in every bunch. That guy doesn't represent all SEA fans, just like the buffoons who stabbed people in the parking lot don't represent all SF fans, just like a criminal doesn't represent all gun owners...the list goes on.

d) Big prayers to Bowman. That was horrific. Don't get me wrong, I despise/hate the 49ers, but he's really a class act guy who has been through a ton of hardship. I hope he gets better and soon.

e) Go Hawks!

Well put on all fronts. Terrible behavior from one fan, but we are talking about one out of a crowd of 70,000 of which most were probably several beers into the game.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:56 pm
  • hawkfannj wrote:Classless a*hole the dudes a warrior .

+1,000,000
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
  • Maybe the guy who threw the popcorn had beef with the guy who was driving the cart. Or that fire dept. guy. Or maybe the popcorn tasted really bad and he spit it out. Ever think of THAT....?
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:04 pm
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:05 pm
  • Thunderhawk wrote:Can you please edit the title of this thread to: 'One fan throws popcorn on Bowman'

Judging by the video that is all it was. When you use the word "fans" it indicts all of us for one person's idiocy.

Hope Bowman will be all right. Warrior.

In fairness, it could have been about 12 different people, all throwing one kernel each.

Seriously, though, if it was an intentional popcorn dump on an injured player, it was totally classless.

I feel bad for Bowman. I remember seeing Joe Thiesman's leg and Napolean McClallum's knee, and this injury was on that level. Reaching for a positive, I'm glad this happened this year (and at the end of the season) rather than 10 or 20 years ago -- modern medicine makes recovering from a knee injury like this almost routine.

And as a Seahawk fan, I also felt bad about the messed up call. I actually felt kinda relieved when we lost the ball on the next play -- it meant the game would not be decided by that bad call. (It never really is, but in a tight game, it would have been a HUGE and possibly insurmountable factor.)

One last thing. As a Seahawk fan, I was really thankful that the injury was not caused by a Seahawk player. I am absolutely certain no Seahawk would have tried to inflict that injury on anybody, but I am far less certain that others would not conclude otherwise, and I'm just glad such discussion is not a possibility.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *

Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:11 pm
  • Hmm. My opinion is that someone spilled their popcorn.

"Thrown popcorn" would likely be moving laterally more, not straight down. The guilty popcorn appears to be falling downward at a normal rate for a spill.

A non issue. Nothing to see here.
    Inspector
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:22 pm
  • The ONE GUY who did it was an ass.
    Reaneypark
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:33 pm
  • HawkGA wrote:I was at Michael Irvin's last game where the stadium cheered for his injury. Not one person, the stadium. Whoever did the popcorn is a douche, but just him. He owns the doucheness all to himself.

tom sawyer wrote:You don't condemn all of a group simply because a microscopic portion are morons.

I've seen heartless, spiteful, hateful behavior and it's despicable of course.

I agree. But whiner fans and others won't unfortunately.
    AF_Hawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:45 pm
  • Classless fanbase?? Just go back a few weeks to the Saints-Eagles game and listen to the tape everytime a Saint player was injured and down on the field... the boo's and obsenities raining down from what sounded like the entire stadium were disgusting... a lot moreso than a handfull of popcorn from a single idiot... yet barely a word is mentioned, because, you know (snicker, snicker, ha, ha)... it's Philly.
    LawlessHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:57 pm
  • SHOCKER315 wrote:
    akscoundrel wrote:

lol, tasteless whoever threw the food.
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Myrtle Beach Hawk, Go Gators!

Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:58 pm
  • labelling an entire fanbase classless because one fan likely drunkenly spilled popcorn on bowman is sort of a stretch. Especailly when most of the 12's in the stadium gave the man a standing ovation as he was leaving the field.

was a gruesome injury. I didn't see it till late last night because it wasn't shown much at the game but christbuckets that was brutal.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:10 pm
  • akscoundrel wrote:Golden tate would have caught it with his mouth....

Tate trying to catch those skittles with his mouth was funny. I was however was thinking of the consequence if it went down the wrong tube and he choked.
    Kixkahn
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:14 pm
  • Could have easily been a fan leaning over and getting bumped into by another fan who came over.
    droop828
    NET Starter

Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:15 pm
  • akscoundrel wrote:

You sure this isn't another add skit for 'BEATS'?

I really feel for Bowman, because he gave his all to help his team mates win the game, and whoever that fan was that threw that popcorn on him should have had his sorry ass booted out of the Clink.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:17 pm
  • If you can label the entire 12th man as classless over that, then you can also label the entire 49ers team as cheap-shotting punks over this: https://vine.co/v/hlFeVnn6XWq
    chawx
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:20 pm
  • Mtjhoyas wrote:Couple thoughts about this:

e) Go Hawks!

Well said!
    FargoHawk
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:37 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information